AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

[ Edited ]
Message 91 of 102 (429 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
jim posted..

What are the students getting? Leftist social activism... indoctrination, instead of being taught to think for themselves and learn the things they will need to earn a living.

===============================================

Yes we, the tax payers are the ones that help pay the salaries of these so called Professors. As most Professors are left wingers (google it) it does not bode well for the future of our country.

It makes me and others that want the Professors to be independent and stop with their twisting the minds of our your people very sick.

I have always said the very best teachers are the ones that show students where to look without telling them what to see.  Teach them how to think, NOT WHAT TO THINK!

VIMTSTL

Message 92 of 102 (432 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

protest rather than classes--Anyone who has ever taight, or who has been in a classroom, for that matter, knows that  "hands on  exeriences" are  much more advantageous than classroom experiences.  I can't think of a better civic lesson than that put together by this Arizonia professor!! 

Robbing students of their education??  This couldn't be further from the truth.  Not all must agree with a learning exercise for it to have merit!!!

Congrats to Arizonia State University!!!!

Well I do suppose it depends on why you are going to college.

I am always amazed by the group of seniors that post here.  I assume most are around my age making us "Boomers", children of the greatest generation.  My Dad would not be happy to hear I could skip taking my final exam if I went to protest the new duly elected President.  He was one of those WW2 army soldiers that took God, family and country pretty serious.

But hey, what ever floats your boat...

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 93 of 102 (422 Views)
jim posted..

What are the students getting? Leftist social activism... indoctrination, instead of being taught to think for themselves and learn the things they will need to earn a living.

===============================================

Yes we, the tax payers are the ones that help pay the salaries of these so called Professors. As most Professors are left wingers (google it) it does not bode well for the future of our country.

It makes me and others that want the Professors to be independent and stop with their twisting the minds of our your people very sick.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 94 of 102 (424 Views)

protest rather than classes--Anyone who has ever taight, or who has been in a classroom, for that matter, knows that  "hands on  exeriences" are  much more advantageous than classroom experiences.  I can't think of a better civic lesson than that put together by this Arizonia professor!! 

Robbing students of their education??  This couldn't be further from the truth.  Not all must agree with a learning exercise for it to have merit!!!

Congrats to Arizonia State University!!!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!

Message 95 of 102 (439 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

All in keeping with the neo-Marxist thinking of the Progressives to put more and more people out there unable to take care of themselves. That creates the need of an all powerful central government to see to all their needs and make all their decisions.

I am trying to figure out your response.  As we have discussed, Marx and the Progressives have nothing in common but most Conservatives can't quite get their heads around that fact. 

If we could get the Conservatives to actually read Marx, they would find that he assumed the central government would eventually fade away as no longer necessary. That seems to be at odds with the Conservative idea that he wanted a strong central government. Now, Lenin was a different story but for some reason Marx is the touchstone for Conservatives. 

I am not sure how one goofy professor becomes a Progressive or how he now relates to all Progressives but whatever. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 96 of 102 (448 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  We must nip this in the bud else millions of students across the nation will be coerced into protesting Trump who would otherwise be protesting Hillary or Prohibition. 

Or birth control, or healthcare, or................... 

Or not having a clue how to get through life by earning a living for themselves...

All in keeping with the neo-Marxist thinking of the Progressives to put more and more people out there unable to take care of themselves. That creates the need of an all powerful central government to see to all their needs and make all their decisions.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 97 of 102 (446 Views)

Richva wrote:

Always impressive to see the lengths the RWNuts will go through to identify the emerging trends happening in the U.S.  Like 20 students missing their final exam.  The insight and dedication it must have taken to identify this trend is startling.  We must nip this in the bud else millions of students across the nation will be coerced into protesting Trump who would otherwise be protesting Hillary or Prohibition. 

Does that mean you approve of or disapprove of such actions in the Universities? Or would you rather just type "RWNuts"?

Message 98 of 102 (453 Views)

Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  We must nip this in the bud else millions of students across the nation will be coerced into protesting Trump who would otherwise be protesting Hillary or Prohibition. 

Or not having a clue how to get through life by earning a living for themselves...

VIMTSTL
Recognized Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 99 of 102 (444 Views)

Message 100 of 102 (444 Views)

Always impressive to see the lengths the RWNuts will go through to identify the emerging trends happening in the U.S.  Like 20 students missing their final exam.  The insight and dedication it must have taken to identify this trend is startling.  We must nip this in the bud else millions of students across the nation will be coerced into protesting Trump who would otherwise be protesting Hillary or Prohibition.