Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

Message 61 of 102 (428 Views)
fangoh45 posted..

No, if you're taking a course in architecture, math, English, etc., you don't spend lots of time talking about how much you dislike the president. If they are going to have a discussion, let it be a two way street and respect those who don't share the same ideologies as the professor.

====================================================

That's the way real education works...but the left are so brainwashed they do not want real education. Just read the posts.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 102 (437 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Kid- please I'm begging you show me documentation that proves that these student's  minds were twisted!  Given your way of thinking, we should eliminate any type of teaching that digresses from your beliefs.

Sorry kid, that's not the way real education works!

No, if you're taking a course in architecture, math, English, etc., you don't spend lots of time talking about how much you dislike the president. If they are going to have a discussion, let it be a two way street and respect those who don't share the same ideologies as the professor.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 102 (442 Views)

kidboy--what???

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 102 (446 Views)
It makes me and others that want the Professors to be independent and stop with their twisting the minds of our your people very sick.

With the Professors and most of our Democratic Politicians in the camp that leads to entitlements and dependency is it any wonder what our country is becoming? But who is going to pull the wagon when everyone is on that wagon? People that care about our country need to wake up!
-----------------------------------------

Protest Instead of Taking Final Exam

That say it all and yet we have people that do not understand what that means...oh well it is what it is yet some do not want to understand. Me thinks they want protests that have ended in riots ... that our police have to handle. Than they bash our police...sick people.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 102 (449 Views)

Afisher--I am also assuming that your professors taught material that challenged your beliefs, which helped broaden your cerebral horizons.  That is teaching, something the right seems to be wholeheartedly rejecting.

Thanks for you intelligent input!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 102 (445 Views)

The professor (PhD) that taught Evolution at the college that I attended was a member of the Mormon Church and that was never an issue.

It is only since the Religious Right decided that it wanted  some power that they started with all their idiotic rhetoric.   It is also why any time that anyone dares to challenge them that they get all uppity.

To which I give them Ted Cruz who has said that masturbation should be outlawed as illegal.    Ya' all good with that.     Or are you all blind?    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/04/ted-cruz-americans-have-no-right-to-...

For the whiner's - the hospital where I worked for 20 years never had a problem with accepting my credentials, now why was that.   And yep, back then, people were actually vetted.   

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 102 (434 Views)

Kid- please I'm begging you show me documentation that proves that these student's  minds were twisted!  Given your way of thinking, we should eliminate any type of teaching that digresses from your beliefs.

Sorry kid, that's not the way real education works!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 102 (425 Views)
It makes me and others that want the Professors to be independent and stop with their twisting the minds of our your people very sick.

With the Professors and most of our Democratic Politicians in the camp that leads to entitlements and dependency is it any wonder what our country is becoming? But who is going to pull the wagon when everyone is on that wagon? People that care about our country need to wake up!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 102 (431 Views)

afisher wrote:

Actually, they sound like pretty good students who actually learned something about HUMAN RIGHTS course they took,  as they 1) held a protest to denounce hate and 2) Developed arguments / talking points about current violations to Human Rights here in the USA.  

As a "boomer" , I was given options about how to take some of my finals and if it was mathematically impossible to change my grade point by getting a perfect score on a "final", I could opt out of taking the final entirely.    

Same with me vis the finals..i didnt have to take most of the non math/science finals. The people "protesting" that these  students were allowed to protest, need to go back and check the name of the class. they final was in keeping with the subject. they were perfectly free as a group to go punch small women, but instead chose a real topic to protest.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 102 (417 Views)

fangoh45 wrote:

Is it a stretch to wish our institutions of higher learning??? teach the academic courses versus having professor(s) whether right or left, indoctrinating their students in their political beliefs? This, a good reason why our educational system is in such a disarray.

Any student, who is absent from a class to protest, should be given progressive discipline up to expulsion! This includes students from the right or left-even though you don't hear about this shenanigans from the right very often.

They should be LEARNING not BURNING!

Very well stated.