The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,343
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: President Trump

Message 1 of 29 (206 Views)

Crit--RE: those who  watch propaganda television and other news sources: it's like people walking around with blindfolds on, arms outstretched, doing everything they can to avoid reality. 

 I understand that it is news outlets like FIX  that helped get Trump elected, and I know Hillary could have done much,  much more to help the Democratic line, but sometime, somewhere,  logic and rationale has to set in, doesn't it?

Don't  answer that, crit, I already know what you're going to say.

So uninformed, so dangerous, so sad.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,343
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: President Trump

Message 2 of 29 (211 Views)

Jt--Denial claims a strong and powerful hold over its victims, but does nothing to better the situation existing in reality. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,411
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: President Trump

Message 3 of 29 (284 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

"I recalled this once before, but worth saying again. An acquaintance once told me that if I watched only FOXnews, I would believe the propaganda they perpetuate too. It is why I challenge FOX, BREITBART, and Limbaugh believers to listen to other news sources. They seem afraid to do so."

 

PC, the above is one of the main reasons Trump was elected. The other was the fact that Hillary was a terrible candidate. But so true, you see them repeat every bit of FOX propaganda on this site. They truly live in an alternate reality and that's very scary. We used to have facts that everyone agreed on and then you offered your personal take on those facts. Not any more. 

 

That's why many Trump supporters believe the value of stock market plummted while Obama was President and the unemployment rate went up. We of course know the value of the stock market more than tripled under Obama and unemployment fell from over 8% to under 5%.

 

One forum member is cheering the Saudi deal Trump signed but he had no idea that was the same deal President Obama negotiated. They never allow facts to get in the way. 


Sounds very similar to the release of the US prisioner from the Egyptian prison. 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Trusted Social Butterfly
Posts: 12,003
Registered: ‎07-04-2009

President Trump

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 29 (294 Views)

"I recalled this once before, but worth saying again. An acquaintance once told me that if I watched only FOXnews, I would believe the propaganda they perpetuate too. It is why I challenge FOX, BREITBART, and Limbaugh believers to listen to other news sources. They seem afraid to do so."

 

PC, the above is one of the main reasons Trump was elected. The other was the fact that Hillary was a terrible candidate. But so true, you see them repeat every bit of FOX propaganda on this site. They truly live in an alternate reality and that's very scary. We used to have facts that everyone agreed on and then you offered your personal take on those facts. Not any more. 

 

That's why many Trump supporters believe the value of stock market plummeted while Obama was President and the unemployment rate went up. We of course know the value of the stock market more than tripled under Obama and unemployment fell from over 8% to under 5%.

 

One forum member is cheering the Saudi deal Trump signed but he had no idea that was the same deal President Obama negotiated. They never allow facts to get in the way. 

Gold Conversationalist
Posts: 63
Registered: ‎05-13-2017

Re: President Trump

Message 5 of 29 (300 Views)
To all you Trump fan fooled (and I mean that in a good way): You better hope obliviousness does not become a pre-existing condition. Ignorance is bliss until you realize you’ve been had, I guess. What will it take for you to question your information sources? You are reality challenged and intellectually lazy to seek only “information” that supports your closed-minded opinions. Republicans have abandoned their moral ethics and democratic principles to defend this incompetent imposter. Most knowledgeable elected Trump “supporters” privately laugh at the characterizations of this presidency portrayed here, while they cling to the hope of furthering their agenda. Not a question of if, but when they jump ship will be a good day. Being too little too late, they will pay a price at the ballot box for defending this disgraceful mistake perpetuated by silence. The Donald is what happens when “affluenza” isn’t treated early on.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,343
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: President Trump

Message 6 of 29 (304 Views)

Hey Cent--listening to CNN or possibly NPR today about news sources. Piece said vast majority are reporting on the very disturbing, dangerous, and illegal things hapoening in the WH. Exception?  FOXnews.

Clips from FOXnews "coverage" were played. Amazing--heard the same garbage I hear--almost verbatim--from trump posters. 

At the end of the spot, a woman came on and said if news coverage seems a bit too skewed, she listens to numerous other sites. Good advice for those caught in FOX fantasy land. Very sad, really. 

 

I recalled this once before, but worth saying again. An acquaintance once told me that if I watched only FOXnews, I would believe the propaganda they perpetuate too. It is why I challenge FOX, BREITBART, and Limbaugh believers to listen to other news sources. They seem afraid to do so.

 

Again, very sad that these folks are so clueless as to the problems trump has created. After listening to the piece, I feel sorry for them, as they are so in the dark, taken advantage of by those who don't care about real news, but , rather, the money they can haul in by purposeful deception.

 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,646
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: President Trump

Message 7 of 29 (316 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

But thanks for asking.

 

You are certainly welcome.


 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,411
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: President Trump

Message 8 of 29 (324 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

fangoh45 wrote:

Floridian99 wrote:
Democrats, the sore loser party

An UNDERSTATEMENT to be sure! In their defense, they certainly have a very large wound to lick before going on!

Time will heal all wounds...hopefully in the next eight years, they'll be able to maturely accept the defeat theycontinue to suffer.


Let's face it the Ds and the Rs are far apart on agenda and vision for the nation.

 

I disagree, Far Left D's and far Right R's are far apart, always have been, will probably always will be.  The far right R's have just been in the spot light for the last 16 years.....whining about Bush being a RINO, whining about everything Obama, and now are dragged in by the racism and bigotry and the degrading of women of their new friend.  Trump would do and say anything to get elected....he was NOTHING as a candidate in 2000 and saw an opportunity to attract the bigots and small mindedness in the Conservative side of the Repubs....first it was the birth certificate....they loved him.  Then it was anti-Muslims....they loved him more.  Then it was the tax-cuts....and changing his mind on the right to choose....and the far right and some moderate Republicans glommed on.  But far right-wing Cons like the poster has shown that anyone who disagree's with his far-right views is a Leftest/Liberal.  Obviously that's not true.  Moderates of both parties would disagree with many, if not most of the positions Conservatives espouse.  They aren't Leftest or Liberal, just where most Americans are.

 

Don't believe the hype from the extremists.  As a country, D's and R's, take out the extremists, are much closer than they want to believe.  Die-hard listeners to Limblah and Hannity only hear from the far-right and settle there,  It's no wonder they're not up to snuff on where most Americans sit politically.


Until you can get away from the childish "Limblah" stuff it is impossible to have an adult discussion.  No, it's not impossible, though I do understand it may be impossible for you, given your adoration for the man and spewing his distorted view of reality here on this forum.

 

As clearly indicated in polls, year after year, Limblah can boast having the least trusted program in the media.

 

Pew political charts

 

The only group that adores him as such is Conservatives.  Which is why those who embrace him are the far-right.  He, like you here on this forum, make everything about "us" vs. "them".  The other day, he said it was Conservatives against Liberals, moderate Republicans and "never trumpers", again, it's us vs. them.  Most can see it in the posts.  BTW, "rk", quite a few have pointed out when you attempt to have a discussion, you often  say, "it's either this or that" when many other options are available.  It's what Limblah does every day.  How would I know? I've listened to him for over 30 years...in fact, I encourage everyone to listen on occassion, as well as Hannity, Coulter and other Conservative talk show hosts.  You'll see facts spun into cheap swill and then you'll see the words posted here by Conservatives.

 

Only the brainwashed could find it impossible to have an adult conversation, "rk", though it may be for you.

 

There are differing ideologies in differing degrees. Yes, there are "RINOs" and I am sure that there are those of the left no sufficiently left to satisfy the more radical.  Bravo, you're getting it, except you make it sound like a struggle dealing with RINO's.  That's hilarious.  I think those on the far left accept moderate Democrats far more than Far righties accept RINO's.  Just an opinion of course, but that's how I view it, at least today.

 

The "loved him" is another one of those foolish concepts. It overlooks the people who voted for Trump because of the horrible candidate that the Dems offered. Again, I disagree.  Only a very few who would consider voting for a Dem, moved their alliance.  The fact of the matter is the result was due to very low minority turnout.

 

Fine - take out the Hannity listeners - and the Maddow listeners. Let's have a viewing test before we are willing to engage in discussion with anyone. No need for a test, the results are indicated in the chart above and we can all see where they land.  Does that really make sense to you??? No.  But in reality, not much I read from those who embrace the least trusted media sources makes much sense to me.  Maddow is obviously on the left, but at least she can make an intelligent, factual argument whether you agree with it or not.  

 

But thanks for asking.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,417
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: President Trump

Message 9 of 29 (330 Views)

fangoh45 wrote:


You guys??? Does that mean you no longer consider you, yourself a Republican? Hmmm, you always came across as such a strong conservative, Republican.

Sorry, you switched.


By you guys I am speaking at the Republicans in this message board, not at the majority of Republicans.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,646
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: President Trump

Message 10 of 29 (332 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

fangoh45 wrote:

Floridian99 wrote:
Democrats, the sore loser party

An UNDERSTATEMENT to be sure! In their defense, they certainly have a very large wound to lick before going on!

Time will heal all wounds...hopefully in the next eight years, they'll be able to maturely accept the defeat theycontinue to suffer.


Let's face it the Ds and the Rs are far apart on agenda and vision for the nation.

 

I disagree, Far Left D's and far Right R's are far apart, always have been, will probably always will be.  The far right R's have just been in the spot light for the last 16 years.....whining about Bush being a RINO, whining about everything Obama, and now are dragged in by the racism and bigotry and the degrading of women of their new friend.  Trump would do and say anything to get elected....he was NOTHING as a candidate in 2000 and saw an opportunity to attract the bigots and small mindedness in the Conservative side of the Repubs....first it was the birth certificate....they loved him.  Then it was anti-Muslims....they loved him more.  Then it was the tax-cuts....and changing his mind on the right to choose....and the far right and some moderate Republicans glommed on.  But far right-wing Cons like the poster has shown that anyone who disagree's with his far-right views is a Leftest/Liberal.  Obviously that's not true.  Moderates of both parties would disagree with many, if not most of the positions Conservatives espouse.  They aren't Leftest or Liberal, just where most Americans are.

 

Don't believe the hype from the extremists.  As a country, D's and R's, take out the extremists, are much closer than they want to believe.  Die-hard listeners to Limblah and Hannity only hear from the far-right and settle there,  It's no wonder they're not up to snuff on where most Americans sit politically.


Until you can get away from the childish "Limblah" stuff it is impossible to have an adult discussion.

 

There are differing ideologies in differing degrees. Yes, there are "RINOs" and I am sure that there are those of the left no sufficiently left to satisfy the more radical.

 

The "loved him" is another one of those foolish concepts. It overlooks the people who voted for Trump because of the horrible candidate that the Dems offered.

 

Fine - take out the Hannity listeners - and the Maddow listeners. Let's have a viewing test before we are willing to engage in discussion with anyone. Does that really make sense to you???