The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 51 of 70 (129 Views)

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

Let's get real.  Maybe the russians arre getiing even with us spying on their

Getting "real" acknowledges the fact that the Russians wanted Trump to be elected ...... their useful idiot (their term) who supports Putin and his ambitions ..... and who owes the Russian oligarchs the mortgage on his house of cards empire!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 70 (134 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@rk9152—Your question “has anyone actually denied Russian meddling” is a joke, right?  Funny you can’t seem to remember all the denials posted in this forum with regard to Russian interference.  But that’s ok, because now your disgraceful hero has publicly denied it once again.  

Gee, I miss having a real president!

No, I do not. Can you offer any specific denials. And, since we are discussing, it would be really great if you could quote me denying it.

Or, were you addressing someone else since I do not have a "hero" - well, Peewee Reese, but that was a while ago.

Some day we should have a class called "Google for Conservatives".  I typed in "trump denial of russian meddling" and got so many hits I almost cried.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-insists-putin-means-it-in-denying-elect...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-blames-democrats-for-reports-of-russia-hacking-1481467907

The President is not posting here.

Who here denied Russian attempts to influence our elections. Hey, I'm even willing to concede that they hacked the DNC computers but we'll never know. Apparently the DNC had done something they didn't want the FBI to know.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 70 (118 Views)

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

Let's get real.  Maybe the russians arre getiing even with us spying on their

Getting "real" acknowledges the fact that the Russians wanted Trump to be elected ...... their useful idiot (their term) who supports Putin and his ambitions ..... and who owes the Russian oligarchs the mortgage on his house of cards empire!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 70 (131 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@rk9152—Your question “has anyone actually denied Russian meddling” is a joke, right?  Funny you can’t seem to remember all the denials posted in this forum with regard to Russian interference.  But that’s ok, because now your disgraceful hero has publicly denied it once again.  

No, I do not. Can you offer any specific denials. And, since we are discussing, it would be really great if you could quote me denying it.

Or, were you addressing someone else since I do not have a "hero" - well, Peewee Reese, but that was a while ago.

Some day we should have a class called "Google for Conservatives".  I typed in "trump denial of russian meddling" and got so many hits I almost cried.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-insists-putin-means-it-in-denying-elect...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-blames-democrats-for-reports-of-russia-hacking-1481467907

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 70 (121 Views)

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.     Let's get real.  Maybe the russians arre getiing even with us spying on their affairs 

A good point. And, history shows that we did have an effect on other nations where Russia did not have an effect on the outcomes of our elections.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 70 (131 Views)

phyllisc6781 wrote:

Message 57 of 70 (130 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

Hard to believe it has been less than a year with all the scandals, lies, and incompetence. 

You left out four words, "politically motivated claims of".

As well as "pro trump falsehoods"...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 70 (127 Views)

Richva wrote:

Hard to believe it has been less than a year with all the scandals, lies, and incompetence. 

You left out four words, "politically motivated claims of".

Message 59 of 70 (138 Views)

The CIA told CNN that Pompeo stood by a January report by the U.S. intelligence community that concluded the Russian government directed a campaign to influence the election. “The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed,” the agency told the network.

I'm not convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" by the intelligence assessment. 

That report does not imply that their assessment is factual or is that it is certain. Their judgements might be wrong.

Haven't we been down this road before? 

I remember Colin Powell presenting clearer evidence about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction. At least he had photos. Later it was all blamed on "faulty intelligence". Yet, no one has been held accountable.

I went to the bookstore and was browsing through Donna Brazile's new book. It seemed like she was devoting most of the book to the Russian meddling. The book afterall, is titled "Hacks".

I put the book back on the shelf and went to the magazine section. After selecting 'The New Yorker' magazine containing an article about Tulsi Gabbard, I went back to read some more of Brazile's Hacks. She had more details in her book about the alleged hacking than I've come across so far. She gave dates, times and put things in chronological order. I thought, if anyone is going to convince me "beyond a reasonable doubt" it would be her memoirs. I hope she makes a convincing case. Even though Donna Brazile is not the most honest person, I'll give her a chance to convince me "beyond a reasonable doubt".

hacks.jpg

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 70 (179 Views)

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.     Let's get real.  Maybe the russians arre getiing even with us spying on their affairs 

So any of those accusations somehow make what the Russians did alright, and we should just forget about it Right? It's really easy to spot a trump supporter.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"