The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,235
Registered: ‎09-05-2008

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 41 of 70 (115 Views)

In 2014 the Russian prime minister Dmitry Medvedev's Twitter account was accessed by hackers.


A group called Shaltay Boltay ("Humpty Dumpty" in Russian) appeared to claim credit.


Hackers, pretending to be the Prime Minister tweeted "I'm resigning. I'm ashamed by the actions of the government. Forgive me."


The tweets also purported to reveal that the Prime Minister planned to become a freelance photographer, as well as what he really thinks of Vladimir Putin, for whom he kept the presidential seat warm from 2008 to 2012: "I've wanted to say this for a long time. Vova, you're wrong!"


Putin is a proud luddite, saying he doesn't own a mobile phone and rarely goes on the internet.


Another tweet read: "#CrimeaIsNotOurs please retweet," playing on the Russian-language hashtag #CrimeaIsOurs that became popular after Moscow annexed the Ukrainian peninsula. Medvedev and Putin were on an official visit to Crimea at the time.


Last month, Shaltay Boltay published leaked emails that it said came from the account of the deputy prime minister and former Medvedev aide Arkady Dvorkovich, after which Russia's communications watchdog blocked its blog and Twitter account.


The group also claimed to have "several emails including a Gmail and the contents of three iPhones of a certain prime minister".


In a subsequent blogpost, it published emails from several accounts that it said belonged to Medvedev.


Medvedev first joined Twitter on a visit to the company's headquarters in Silicon Valley in 2010.
In 2013, Medvedev's page on the Russian social network VKontakte was broken into and songs full of obscenities were posted to it.


In the wake of the emails leak, the Russian parliament has been discussing legislation to make sending official information through non-governmental email services a crime.


Anton Nosik, a blogger and web entrepreneur, said it would not have been difficult for someone to steal the password to Medvedev's account.


Nosik was sceptical of attempts to improve security by forcing officials to use a government email system. "Once you are using servers that are not compatible with the rest of world and maintained by federal agencies, you are offering an unidentified number of our homegrown spies a chance to spy on you," he said. "I believe officials are more afraid of their rivals within than they're afraid of the NSA and so forth.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/14/dmitry-medvedev-russian-pm-twitter-account-hacked

 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,235
Registered: ‎09-05-2008

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 42 of 70 (106 Views)

If he Trump) was looking for their help he would do it in a clandestine manner, not as a "throw-out" response to a question.

 

I agree with you wholeheartedly. 

 

Trump used that line to deflect criticism on him and remind everyone that Hillary's 30,000 emails were deleted (Remember Hillary's "Do you mean with a cloth?").

 

It was a great political stunt. By focusing the attention back onto Hillary and Her emails, he probably secured some much needed votes.

 

In retaliation, Team Hillary accused him of treason. 

 

In the end, Trump's strategy appeared to be more effective. He won.

 

 

trump i happened_edited-1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Posts: 369
Registered: ‎09-26-2017

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

[ Edited ]
Message 43 of 70 (133 Views)

An intelligent man would attempt to act in a more clandestine manner. trump is a narcissistic fool who telegraphs everything.  For example, a few days ahead of the e-mail releases—now known to be a gift from the Russians, trump announced to a national wide audience there would be a big surprise!

 And as another poster noted, the idiot “so called” president asked Russia to hack into Clinton’s e-mails.  

trump has a multitude of times proven he is the antithesis of intelligent.  

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,697
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 44 of 70 (128 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

 


 


Rational people would hope it was a lie but the facts show otherwise. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html


Get real. If he was looking for their help he would do it in a clandestine manner, not as a "throw-out" response to a question.
 


You seem to forget what a loud mouthed reactionary idiot he is.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,007
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

[ Edited ]
Message 45 of 70 (149 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

 


 


Rational people would hope it was a lie but the facts show otherwise. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html


Get real. If he was looking for their help he would do it in a clandestine manner, not as a "throw-out" response to a question.
 


He just went to that well so often he got sloppy. Look, the man has been totally incompetent in every other thing he has attempted in the last year, why would you expect this to be an exception? 


Nice try - anyone who saw the so-called "request" understood it.

Yup .... Trump was committing treason and publicly asked the Russians to interfere in the presidential election for his benefit.

 

With all the clandestine activity claimed - this makes no sense.


Actually, it's the denial of obvious facts that "makes no sense" .... as well as the continued contrived excuses created for Trump's vile actions!

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,007
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

[ Edited ]
Message 46 of 70 (136 Views)

 



rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

Nope .... all rational AND INFORMED people know THAT IS TRUE .... as further shown by a link provided to you by another poster.

 

 

 Let's get real.  Maybe the russians arre getiing even with us spying on their

Getting "real" acknowledges the fact that the Russians wanted Trump to be elected ...... their useful idiot (their term) who supports Putin and his ambitions ..... and who owes the Russian oligarchs the mortgage on his house of cards empire!

 


 


 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,719
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 47 of 70 (137 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

 


 


Rational people would hope it was a lie but the facts show otherwise. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html


Get real. If he was looking for their help he would do it in a clandestine manner, not as a "throw-out" response to a question.
 


He just went to that well so often he got sloppy. Look, the man has been totally incompetent in every other thing he has attempted in the last year, why would you expect this to be an exception? 


Nice try - anyone who saw the so-called "request" understood it. With all the clandestine activity claimed - this makes no sense.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 12,557
Registered: ‎02-28-2008

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

[ Edited ]
Message 48 of 70 (145 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

 


 


Rational people would hope it was a lie but the facts show otherwise. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html


Get real. If he was looking for their help he would do it in a clandestine manner, not as a "throw-out" response to a question.
 


He just went to that well so often he got sloppy. Look, the man has been totally incompetent in every other thing he has attempted in the last year, why would you expect this to be an exception? 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,719
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 49 of 70 (146 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

 


 


Rational people would hope it was a lie but the facts show otherwise. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html


Get real. If he was looking for their help he would do it in a clandestine manner, not as a "throw-out" response to a question.
 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 12,557
Registered: ‎02-28-2008

Re: Pompeo backs report on Russian meddling

Message 50 of 70 (133 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

BillandShelby wrote:

I want the Obama Cabinet, the FBI and the CIA swear that they never spied on the Russians, never tried to influence any Russian election and never had a deal to buy uranium,  In fact, just how many countries dd we meddle in their elections.   

In fact, Trump asked the Russians to meddle in our elections when he told them to hack into our cyber systems to dig up more Emails on Hillary.

I believe all rational people know that is a lie.

 


 


Rational people would hope it was a lie but the facts show otherwise. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html