How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Poll: Most young Americans see Trump as illegitimate president Young Americans poll The survey w

Message 1 of 30 (33 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

Couple this information with Dept. of Ed Devos who has just decided to punish students who borrowed money to attend college by eliminating the interest rate protection that President Obama instituted to make college debt more forgiving if a student fell behind in payment.  

Harnassing this discontent with Voter Registration and GOTV activism will have Republicans running scared.    Some are already deciding that political life is not all that great and some are already deciding not to run for re-election.   

The GOP talking point about Townhalls just hit a wall- as reported in TX....a long time R had a actual townhall meeting  with 2000 constituents and yes there were boos, BUT, these people were listening, because the did applaud when the Rep. said that yes, Donald should release his income tax returns.      

Well now, there ya go. One Republican managed to have an honest interaction with his constituents so all those that were disrupted by bussed in and/or paid "demonstrators" don't count. The logic of the left is amazing.

You find it amazing that not everyone believes totally unproven conspiracy theories?

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Poll: Most young Americans see Trump as illegitimate president

Message 2 of 30 (42 Views)

TAXES-- I have technically been considered upper middle class,  to middle, middle class during my adult life. 

But, I have always been happy to pay my taxes and have always considered paying taxes a privilege.

Because:

I have the right to live in the USA

to live in relative security

to live in a country that those in others can't even imagine

to have comforts and opportunities available to me which others can only dream about

to know I can travel about this country unfettered

to know I can leave this country--and return--at any time

to know the government cannot tell me how many progeny I may produce, nor can it dictate to me the manner in which I can raise them

to know that I have freedom of speech, even if that speech is not in keeping with the prevailing administration

to know that there are hospitals available to me

to know that my children will be able to attend public schools and get a good education

to know that others who have fallen on hard times, or those whom are unable to care for themselves, for any reason,  will not be left to suffer or die

I know my taxes pay for a multitude of these things--police, the arts, infrastructure, health and human services, education, etc.

I am proud to pay taxes because my taxes provide these things for myself and others.

I find it EXTREMELY SHAMEFUL and EXTREMELY SHORT SIGHTED that anyone would whine about paying taxes.

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 30 (44 Views)

This bit about teachers feeding liberal ideas to students is a Republican Mantra, chanted because it's the excuse their base uses to explain why they never listened to their teachers, and why they now believe whatever FAUX or Breightfart tells them, those being the antithesis of educational programming.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 30 (48 Views)

RE: Being spoon fed "Liberal ideas at school," is so totally false.  Working in public education for 22+ years, let me tell you that if a teacher doesn't present a VERY balanced representation of political ideas, which are to be presented ONLY as they pertain to the curriculum, THAT TEACHER WILL BE CALLED IN FOR A LITTLE TALK WITH AN ADMINISTRATOR--PRONTO--there are steps beyond that should anything like this happen again.  Totally ignorant statement.  totally incorrect

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 30 (67 Views)

sp362 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

jfpinlvn wrote:

The young will see things differently when they grow up.

They have been spoon fed liberal ideas in school and if (and when) they start paying big taxes, they'll learn a new lesson.

As long as they grow up with the ability to critically think about the world, they have can have any political views they want.  Just what are the liberal ideas you think they have been spoon fed and do you believe their teachers have more power over their beliefs than their parents, family, friends, etc.?

The Golden Rule.  Wait your turn.  Be respectful of others.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Super Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 30 (72 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

jfpinlvn wrote:

They have been spoon fed liberal ideas in school and if (and when) they start paying big taxes, they'll learn a new lesson.

As long as they grow up with the ability to critically think about the world, they can have any political views they want.  Just what are the liberal ideas you think they have been spoon fed and do you believe their teachers have more power over their beliefs than their parents, family, friends, etc.?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 30 (75 Views)

afisher wrote:

Could it be because he lies so often?   

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Image result for hypocrisy sucks

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 30 (80 Views)

jfpinlvn wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 30 (82 Views)

Could it be because he lies so often?   

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 30 (87 Views)

Then all the non-partisan Voter Registration going on in TX should be discounted?    Now, now, before anyone embarrasses themselves with stupid remarks -  The TX  Voter Registration Form does not have a checkbox or any other indicator of political identity.      

Move.org ( not to be confused with Move-On.org) is having Voter Registration action at colleges and Universities across the State this week.       This week-end in San Antonio, as part of the Cesar Chavez Annual Celebration, Voter Registration drive is also happening.   I talked to the organizer yesterday and they were more than happy to hear that Deputy  Voter Registration people will be at this event.  

I do smile when I see foolish comments re:  Ageism, as Senior Dems are coming out to participate in government.        San Jacinto County Democratic Party Vice President Cora Tullar cuts the ribbon to welcome the organization into the Coldspring/San Jacinto County Chamber of Commerce on March 16. Photo: Submitted

http://www.mysanantonio.com/neighborhood/eastex/business/article/SJC-Democratic-Party-joins-local-Ch...