Wills, Trusts and Legal Musts Tonight on AARP Live 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Poll: Most young Americans see Trump as illegitimate president

Message 11 of 30 (183 Views)

Soo--they are ALL going to become oblivious to the obvious?

There us a cure for that-

REALITY

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 30 (181 Views)

The young will see things differently when they grow up.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 30 (195 Views)

Richva--Nothing i like better than a good figurative knock out punch!! BAM!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 30 (200 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Do you have any examples of Republicans staging organized disruptions of town hall meetings? And then there is the Berkeley thing - any Republican comparison you can cite??

Here you go 

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2013/08/07/209919206/5-memorable-moments-when-town-hall-m...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/tea-party-town-hall-strategy-rattle-them-stand-up-and-shout

https://thinkprogress.org/right-wing-harassment-strategy-against-dems-detailed-in-memo-yell-stand-up...

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 30 (182 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

sp362 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

creppelrm wrote:

That's why those old has been, stuck in the past Trump supporters get their bells rung when they meet counter protest.  It's the young's world also.  They know like we do we can't live in the past, you have to look for the future and adapt to the times.

Does that mean that you approve of organized efforts to shut down communications between pols and constituents? Does that mean you approve of "bell ringing" as part of our political process?

How have you determined that they are "organized efforts"?  Please provide some proof that is not simply someone's opinion.  So, should I only show up to a town hall event if I have positive things to say about a politician?  Free speech works both ways.  Do you have any examples of town halls taking place where people expressing their negative views did not allow others to express their views?  Just because somebody stands up and exercises their rights, does not mean they are depriving others of theirs.

When a large part of participants show up with the same signs to wave on cue, that is a great indication.  Can you please supply us with any links to pictures showing that?  Also, how would people showing up with signs be denying others their rights to free speech?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 30 (182 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

creppelrm wrote:

That's why those old has been, stuck in the past Trump supporters get their bells rung when they meet counter protest.  It's the young's world also.  They know like we do we can't live in the past, you have to look for the future and adapt to the times.

Does that mean that you approve of organized efforts to shut down communications between pols and constituents? Does that mean you approve of "bell ringing" as part of our political process?

I approve of the Democrats doing anything that the Republicans did while Obama was in office. Don't like that?  Sorry !!

Do you have any examples of Republicans staging organized disruptions of town hall meetings? And then there is the Berkeley thing - any Republican comparison you can cite??

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 30 (182 Views)

sp362 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

creppelrm wrote:

How have you determined that they are "organized efforts"?  Please provide some proof that is not simply someone's opinion.  So, should I only show up to a town hall event if I have positive things to say about a politician?  Free speech works both ways.  Do you have any examples of town halls taking place where people expressing their negative views did not allow others to express their views?  Just because somebody stands up and exercises their rights, does not mean they are depriving others of theirs.

When a large part of participants show up with the same signs to wave on cue, that is a great indication.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 30 (190 Views)

Apparently, I did not clarify the statement regarding the in person Town Hall held by Pete Sessions, which was described as raucous - ie people not happy with Healthcare change.    Those who chose to demean anyone who dares to disagree and hopes to distract from the real conversation about GOP HealthCare  can do that.    So here is the article that describes the event - perhaps they may learn something......  https://www.texastribune.org/2017/03/18/us-rep-pete-sessions-faces-rowdy-town-hall/ 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 30 (200 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

creppelrm wrote:

I approve of the Democrats doing anything that the Republicans did while Obama was in office. Don't like that?  Sorry !!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 30 (205 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

creppelrm wrote: