AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Political Terrorism.

Message 1 of 15 (62 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
afisher posted..

The point being is that many in the GOP are wilfully weaponizing religion to use against many of the citizens in the US...that is terrorism,

========================================================

One Pastor and you use that in a TRY to make it political?

Me says... so much to ado about nothing.

Let it be, Kid, those who live for hate find it where they can.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 15 (68 Views)
afisher posted..

The point being is that many in the GOP are wilfully weaponizing religion to use against many of the citizens in the US...that is terrorism,

========================================================

One Pastor and you use that in a TRY to make it political?

Me says... so much to ado about nothing.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 15 (71 Views)

God guilt--wonderful--take vulnerable people and indoctrinate them with propaganda in order to further a political agenda, using one of the most corrupt and immoral administrations in our lifetime as a stepping stone for bigoted homophobic views.

DISGRACEFUL! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 15 (84 Views)

A slight sideways for those who may be attempting to distract .    https://revolsen.com/2017/05/17/an-open-letter-to-rev-franklin-graham-from-a-small-church-pastor/

This letter writer is representative of the pastors that headed the discussion after the God and Governing video that aired in my home town,

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 15 (106 Views)

NerdyMom wrote:

I'm not a conservative, but my 76 year old mom is.  

She didn't vote for Trump.  She thinks he's vulgar and low class.   But she very much supports a lot of the policies he's touting.  She thinks our governmental system of checks and balances is strong enough to remove him if he needs to be removed.  I think she'd be just thrilled to have Pence as President. 

While she has very different political views than I do, and it's caused many an argument over the past 4 decades, she will always put country before party.   

I guess that's why I really don't get the people who seem to worship this man.  

Why "worship this man"? Must you think that lowly of your mother?? Consider the possibility that there are fellow citizens out there that happen to have a different political ideology than you. That is their thinking which they are entitled to - not this childish "worship", "love", "their hero", etc.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 15 (107 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Political Terrorism against the people of the US and the COnstitution is exactly what I feel the republican party is up to. some 12o days in, amd we find out daily how many more conservatives are somplicit in decieveing the public. Today i see there were ( are) 18 contacts from the Trump campaign being investigated. Paul Ryan swears the Republicans to secrecy when MCarty outs Trump as a putin syncophant, and immediately after the DNC is hacked.  The upset has included stock prices dropping; his outing of the depth of israeli intelligence will harm us in the war on terror. 

My question to COnservatives here..do you really support all these actions?

Of course there are items being looked into - that's the way investigations work.

Stock prices are back up so you can forget your concerns there.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 15 (123 Views)

NerdyMom wrote:

I'm not a conservative, but my 76 year old mom is.  

She didn't vote for Trump.  She thinks he's vulgar and low class.   But she very much supports a lot of the policies he's touting.  She thinks our governmental system of checks and balances is strong enough to remove him if he needs to be removed.  I think she'd be just thrilled to have Pence as President. 

While she has very different political views than I do, and it's caused many an argument over the past 4 decades, she will always put country before party.   

I guess that's why I really don't get the people who seem to worship this man.  

@NerdyMom - Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady. I suspect that there are many (R's) like her, but their voices are drowned out by the louder ones who pulled the party into the Trump camp. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 15 (143 Views)
Mlseker posted..

===========================================

No, I would not...but the fact of the matter is they are more or less left wing opinions and not facts.

"decieveing the public" .. yes there is a lot of that from the left wing controlled media.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 15 (155 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

Political Terrorism against the people of the US and the COnstitution is exactly what I feel the republican party is up to. some 12o days in, amd we find out daily how many more conservatives are somplicit in decieveing the public. Today i see there were ( are) 18 contacts from the Trump campaign being investigated. Paul Ryan swears the Republicans to secrecy when MCarty outs Trump as a putin syncophant, and immediately after the DNC is hacked.  The upset has included stock prices dropping; his outing of the depth of israeli intelligence will harm us in the war on terror. 

Take your time, Miseker, take your time. That stuff was there yesterday, it's here today and it will be there tomorrow...If it takes you 5 minutes or 5 hours to say it, it still needs to be said.  I do wonder what you mean by "political terrorism".

IF political terrorism includes the systematic cultural division of our Nation and dismantling of the governmental institutions that hold it together, I agree. 

IF political terrorism includes the sanctimonious condemnation of the entire governmental sysem of the United States in the name of a 'born again faith' and then accepting a totally corrupt, amoral and unethical 'leader' to represent that crew, I agree.

IF political terrorism includes the systematic and organized conspiracy, top to bottom, to destroy the means of civilized discussion and cooperative problem resolution both in and out of government, I agree.

IF political terrorism includes the deliberate Orwellian distortion of language itself begun during the time of Joseph McCarthy, Reagan and the John Birch Society, I agree.

IF political terrorism includes absolute acceptance of "The End Justifies The Means" philosophy within the ranks of 'the faithful', I agree.

IF political terrorism includes the ability to lie and indulge in absolute hypocrisy without 'blinkin' an eye', I agree.

IF political terrorism includes placing 'blame' anywhere but with yourself...who is after all the untimate determinant when it comes to choices, I agree.

So, Miseker, do you and I agree?  You tell me.

Oh....by the way...Conservative is one of those words in our language whose real definition has been lost to deliberate distortion over time.  I'm not sure if you used it as it once was or if  you meant it to apply to the 'new normal' as defined by the RRR

yes to both

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 15 (161 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Take your time, Miseker, take your time. That stuff was there yesterday, it's here today and it will be there tomorrow...If it takes you 5 minutes or 5 hours to say it, it still needs to be said.  I do wonder what you mean by "political terrorism".

IF political terrorism includes the systematic cultural division of our Nation and dismantling of the governmental institutions that hold it together, I agree. 

IF political terrorism includes the sanctimonious condemnation of the entire governmental sysem of the United States in the name of a 'born again faith' and then accepting a totally corrupt, amoral and unethical 'leader' to represent that crew, I agree.

IF political terrorism includes the systematic and organized conspiracy, top to bottom, to destroy the means of civilized discussion and cooperative problem resolution both in and out of government, I agree.

IF political terrorism includes the deliberate Orwellian distortion of language itself begun during the time of Joseph McCarthy, Reagan and the John Birch Society, I agree.

IF political terrorism includes absolute acceptance of "The End Justifies The Means" philosophy within the ranks of 'the faithful', I agree.

IF political terrorism includes the ability to lie and indulge in absolute hypocrisy without 'blinkin' an eye', I agree.

IF political terrorism includes placing 'blame' anywhere but with yourself...who is after all the untimate determinant when it comes to choices, I agree.

So, Miseker, do you and I agree?  You tell me.

Oh....by the way...Conservative is one of those words in our language whose real definition has been lost to deliberate distortion over time.  I'm not sure if you used it as it once was or if  you meant it to apply to the 'new normal' as defined by the RRR.