The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Perspective on Moore

Message 11 of 28 (124 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Without condoning the acts that Roy Moore has been accused of (but not proven) I believe a bit of perspective is needed.

In 1990, it was revealed the Congressman Barney Frank's boyfriend was running a homosexual prostitution ring out of the Congressman's apartment. Frank was censured but remained in the Congress until he retired in 2013. He continued to be a leader of the Congressional Democrats until his retirement.

But Hillary Clinton has not yet been charged. Was Frank charged? I think this warants a clintonlike investigation since it involves sex with an underaged minor dont you?

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 28 (112 Views)

Prostitutes and members of Congress, eh? Anyone remember David Vitter, republican from Louisiana? Yeah, got busted for hiring prostitutes. Refused to leave office. Republicans gave him a standing ovation on the floor of the Senate when he came back.

The national republican party refused to pressure Vitter to resign, because the-then Democratic Governor of Louisiana would have likely appointed a Democrat to serve out his term, so the repubs applauded him instead, because they're non-partisan (cough, cough).

Vitter finally left on his own this year. Not surprised to see repubs defending Moore's behavior now. The surprise would actually be watching them walk the talk FOR ONCE.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)

Message 13 of 28 (101 Views)

Put in perspective - Roy Moore is the modern day "Christian" equivalent of the Pharisees of Jesus' day...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 28 (106 Views)

rk9152: 

I believe a bit of perspective is needed.

In 1990, it was revealed the Congressman Barney Frank's boyfriend was running a homosexual prostitution ring out of the Congressman's apartment.

Yeah rk, what adult men do is just like a 32 yo man groping a 14 year old girl. Good grief.

Look, try to rationalize this however you like, but you should realize that every scheme you think up to excuse Moore is only coming back on you like spit in the wind that makes you look like you're on the side of a pedophile. There is literally nothing you can say that's going to change the perception that Roy Moore is a creepy, disgusting old goat. But please proceed.

Message 15 of 28 (101 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Without condoning the acts that Roy Moore has been accused of (but not proven) I believe a bit of perspective is needed.

In 1990, it was revealed the Congressman Barney Frank's boyfriend was running a homosexual prostitution ring out of the Congressman's apartment. Frank was censured but remained in the Congress until he retired in 2013. He continued to be a leader of the Congressional Democrats until his retirement.

I am trying to get the connection between an adult associate of Frank's running a prostitution ring and Roy Moore molesting little children.

There isn't any. It's sad that some prefer to equate the acts of two adults with pedophilia and sexual assault.  It's pathetic, but par for the course.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 28 (105 Views)

WOW!!! I must have struck a nerve. The kudo swappers are doing everything to avoid addressing the obvious partisanship.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 28 (108 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I am trying to get the connection between an adult associate of Frank's running a prostitution ring and Roy Moore molesting little children.

The connection is the obvious partisanship it demonstrates. And consider this - the Frank thing we know is true, the Moore thing we don't.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 28 (111 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I can't see a rational connection between what one person does [or doesn't] with what another person does [or doesn't] either. That leaves the non-rational open, though. 

S'pose that might be it? S'pose if you are able to use that to establish 'a new normal' for acceptable behavior, that somehow excuses abominable behavior in some obscure manner?  Maybe it's simply to obscure the real issue at hand so people with limited attention spans forget all about it.  S'pose?

S'pose it might be to frame the issue into an 'US' vs 'THEM' thingy instead of what it's really all about? S'pose?  

Nah...................couldn't be.  An honest person wouldn't do that deliberately.  I do believe that last one is the truth of it all.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 28 (109 Views)
It's not looking good for Moore. If he did it he needs to withdraw, if he didn't do it he needs to fight it. If he gets elected and found to have committed the acts of which he's accused he should resign or removed. If it's found to be false he should sue.

My gut tells me he's guilty, I hope I'm wrong.

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony

Message 20 of 28 (107 Views)

rk9152 wrote: