Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: ONCE AGAIN, TEXAS VIOLATES THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

Message 21 of 30 (449 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 - You're right about that! They wouldn't pass for Texan would they?

--

Of course the phony attempts would make any Texan laugh, especially my sister-in-law who is also a retired teacher, and who uses impeccable English in her speech, and a native Texan.

As far as the basis for those lawsuits, that comes down to personal opinion and is mostly a matter here for Texans.  The homestate the original poster claims isn't exactly innocent in costing that state big buck because of it's laws.  The phrase, 'physician heal theyself ' should apply when pointing out shortcomings in other states when similar situations exist in every state of the union.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 30 (452 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

More of a phony attempt at a Appalachian accent, mostly common among Western Tennessee, Eastern North Carolina, West Virginia, and Kentucky.  Even then it's obvious since instead of 'ya', it would be "y'all", instead of 'dad blame', it would be 'dad gum', etc.

Suggest it not be used around Texans because they would more than likely 'split their sides' from laughing so hard.  Y'all wouldn't want that would you?

@TxGrandpa2 - You're right about that! They wouldn't pass for Texan would they?

I don't argue with the premise of the original post, in that federal courts have found for cases of voter discrimination. And yes, our Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General are among the most anti-federalists people on the planet. But remember, these baseless lawsuits are costing Texas taxpayers when they lose, and they lose quite often. Texas has to reimburse the federal government for court costs. 

Maybe someday Texas taxpayers will get tired of their money being spent for baseless lawsuits. Meanwhile our education system is taking yet, another hit in the coming budget. Lawmakers are presently catching a lot of flack from concerned parents over proposed charter school vouchers vs. public education spending. Remains to be seen how it plays out.

Message 23 of 30 (453 Views)
On a personal basis, I find it offensive and in poor taste when anyone attempts to mock the speech of any group of people. Guess some want to keep the divide forever. It is sad when anyone or any group thinks they are better educated, are more articulate, or any other insert one would want here. I always find it to be a lack of self esteem that causes this. In other words, "I don't have it pal, so I will put someone down."

Soosie

Message 24 of 30 (455 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Myexper- be careful with that there  Texan drawl ya' been a usin'! some dad blame Texan mighta just think you all are from there! Funny, but, sadly, correct.

--

More of a phony attempt at a Appalachian accent, mostly common among Western Tennessee, Eastern North Carolina, West Virginia, and Kentucky.  Even then it's obvious since instead of 'ya', it would be "y'all", instead of 'dad blame', it would be 'dad gum', etc.

Suggest it not be used around Texans because they would more than likely 'split their sides' from laughing so hard.  Y'all wouldn't want that would you?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 25 of 30 (465 Views)

Myexper- be careful with that there  Texan drawl ya' been a usin'! some dad blame Texan mighta just think you all are from there! Funny, but, sadly, correct.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 26 of 30 (487 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

The most racist state in the Union is again costing your tax money and my tax money as it violates the U.S. Constitution.

Texas don't need no stinkin U.S. Consti-tu-shun ..... just like the prez-e-dent don't need it neither!

It just keeps a gitt'n in the way of MAKING AMERICA WHITE AGAIN.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 30 (504 Views)

Ap-this pretty much explains the "great division" within this country.

thank you 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 30 (512 Views)

John Prine : Some Humans Aint Human - YouTube

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 29 of 30 (521 Views)

NC-  and should we be surprised that the predominate political party in Texas is the republican party?

Valued Social Butterfly

ONCE AGAIN, TEXAS VIOLATES THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

[ Edited ]
Message 30 of 30 (526 Views)

The most racist state in the Union is again costing your tax money and my tax money as it violates the U.S. Constitution.

And, once again, it makes the National News in doing so.

It intentionally violated the Federal Voting Rights Act in that it INTENTIONALLY discriminated against minority voters.

There have been three rulings in Federal Court to this effect.

It is the same old players, the TEXAS legislature, the TEXAS Attorney General, and the TEXAS Governors.

To cause the Federal Government to go to court to make TEXAS end their INTENTIONAL INSTITUTIONAL RACISM cost both you and I millions of dollars.

No other state flies in the face of the Law of the Land in order to continue its INSTITUTIONAL RACIST activities more than the state of TEXAS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/court-again-finds-intentional-voter-discrimination-in-texas/ar-BBA6...