How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: North Korean Crisis a Product of Failed Pre-Trump Leadership

Message 31 of 65 (219 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

That piece of excrement that you are alluding about, ain't going to save you from having an atomb bomg thrown into any of our allies or even us, throwing an atom bomb into anyone in NK.

So. what is your solution. continue with the very innefective  diatraibe of insults that will not resolve any issues.

Anyone growing up in the late 1940s or 1950s should be familiar with the 'duck and cover' drills at school.  This was due to the fear of the Soviet Union; I remember while stationed on Guam around 1958 when we went on Red Alert.  It was a Strategic Air Command base and the B-47s on the tarmac was warming up their jets ready for take-off.  This is looking a lot like it was back then, and Guam is at the center.

But I have wonder if Kim Jong Un is familiar with the theory of Mutual Assured Distruction as we were back then? 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I remember the drills very well. We also got a day off when they issued food rationing books to everyone.

Now to current times. N. Korea has been issuing threats to the US for years now, and they were accepted with the fact they were just that, and came from some very mentally unstable people. Our Presidents handled them, and we many times did not even know about them. How about I think it was 2013 when N. Korea made the same threat about Guam and it never made it into the press. Why was that?  Could it be that now we have two sides that are mentally unstable and feed off of each other. There are experts who say that is the case and that puts us on the path to a possible war. I wounder if Donald is familiar with the theory of Mutual Destruction. My bet is no. Could be China will have to play the adult in the room to both parties. How sad. By the way listen to Donald's phone call to the Gov. of Guam. He tells him that he will be known around the world, and tourism will increase greatly from this. Only someone mentally unstable would put that in to a phone call about the possibility of war.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 65 (233 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rker321 wrote:

We have riots in Virginia because some want to take that monument down and others don't

Sorry, @rker321,

You way off the mark as to the reason for the riots in Virginia.

We have riots in Virginia because the ALT-RIGHT movement has ORGANIZED.

It has ORGANIZED because they have been emboldened by a racist President with a mostly racist Cabinet.

To hear these neo-Nazis, KKK members, and militia members shouting "THE JEWISH MEDIA IS GOING DOWN" and "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" brings back the memories of newsreels relating to the "AMERICA FIRST" movement of the 1930's led by Charles Lindbergh and his minions.

It is no mistake that THE PORCINE PRESIDENT uses as his motto, "AMERICA FIRST"

The riots in Virginia are a natural course of events based on the Anti-Semitic, Anti-Muslim, Anti-Black, anti-Immigrant positions of this Administration.

These riots will only get worse.

You, as an immigrant, and I, as a member of a minority religion will need to watch our backs as these DEPLORABLES get more and more energized by the ALT-RIGHT position of this Administration..

Actually, she is right. The rest is the usual hate filled rhetoric of the "only us, everyone else is evil" groupthink.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 65 (223 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Do you have any ideas as to how we should deal with Kim and his nuclear tipped missiles?

You must work in a U.S. Intelligence office.

I have heard from no where/no one that Kim Jong Un had any "nuclear tipped missiles".

The best that is understood, at the moment, is that he has miniaturized warheads and has a longer range missile.

Nothing about guidance systems, or the ability to send a missile with warhead into space and have it return into the atmosphere without detonating upon re-entry has been evidenced.

These are huge issues that NK would have to resolve to have viable weapons.

Trump's irresponsible war mongering has affected the stock markets world wide and will, in turn, affect the economy.

He is too stupid to realize that.

one plus one equals two.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/11/542837087/as-rhetoric-escalates-what-do-we-know-ab...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 65 (219 Views)

You are probably correct NC, but it is so sad to see this country develop into what we are seeing today.

Very sorry, to see what this country is becoming. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 65 (216 Views)

rker321 wrote:

We have riots in Virginia because some want to take that monument down and others don't

Sorry, @rker321,

You way off the mark as to the reason for the riots in Virginia.

We have riots in Virginia because the ALT-RIGHT movement has ORGANIZED.

It has ORGANIZED because they have been emboldened by a racist President with a mostly racist Cabinet.

To hear these neo-Nazis, KKK members, and militia members shouting "THE JEWISH MEDIA IS GOING DOWN" and "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" brings back the memories of newsreels relating to the "AMERICA FIRST" movement of the 1930's led by Charles Lindbergh and his minions.

It is no mistake that THE PORCINE PRESIDENT uses as his motto, "AMERICA FIRST"

The riots in Virginia are a natural course of events based on the Anti-Semitic, Anti-Muslim, Anti-Black, anti-Immigrant positions of this Administration.

These riots will only get worse.

You, as an immigrant, and I, as a member of a minority religion will need to watch our backs as these DEPLORABLES get more and more energized by the ALT-RIGHT position of this Administration..

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 65 (216 Views)

If NK  doesn't have the ability to really strike anything. then I guess that we both have idiots for leaders.
The NK for trying to bluf their way thru, and Trump for following the same  amount of bluffing.
Two blowhards talking to each other.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 65 (206 Views)

TrumpTweeting everything he does is new and stupid.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 65 (209 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Do you have any ideas as to how we should deal with Kim and his nuclear tipped missiles?

You must work in a U.S. Intelligence office.

I have heard from no where/no one that Kim Jong Un had any "nuclear tipped missiles".

The best that is understood, at the moment, is that he has miniaturized warheads and has a longer range missile.

Nothing about guidance systems, or the ability to send a missile with warhead into space and have it return into the atmosphere without detonating upon re-entry has been evidenced.

These are huge issues that NK would have to resolve to have viable weapons.

Trump's irresponsible war mongering has affected the stock markets world wide and will, in turn, affect the economy.

He is too stupid to realize that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 65 (196 Views)

rker321 wrote:

sit again in your chair and blame whomever you please., Because if we start a war or if NK starts a war, it won't matter at all.

As they used to say on Saturday Night Live, "simmer down now...".

For reasons I have previously noted, Kim Yong Un will not start a military conflict; especially not a nuclear one. As I said, there could only be two outcomes: (1) If he loses, he is deposed (2) He could get killed outright during a conflict.

He wants neither of those outcomes; he wants to stay ruler of his bankrupt, starving country.

As far as the Unitd States starting a preemptive conflict I don't THINK TRUMP IS THAT STUPID; although I could be wrong. Since he has been poking his stick at Kim Jong Un and at Venezula; his ratings have gone up......... and noone knows better than TRUMP about ratings.

He may think a preemptive strike would send his ratings even higher.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 65 (197 Views)

I have said many times that eventually we would have the government that we deserve, and this one is it.
What is happening in this country.? we have riots in Virginia because some want to take that monument down and others don't
Don't all of those people have nothing really constructive to do? 
I guess, that in a way a real war, one that could destroy part of this nation is becoming the thing to expect and perhaps need.. Perhaps then, many would actually grow up, and really have something to cry about.
Seeing that the only solution is to deal with NK in an attack manner, is kidding ourselves as to the consequences of such actions.
I am not willing to die for something that at this point, I don't think is important enough.
Sit down with  the Chinese, and actually listen to what they have to say. Sorry, I don't see the need to waste American lives not at this time, not for the NK  idiotic government.