Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: New Republican Party

Message 41 of 49 (106 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I have been saying all along how deep racism runs in America. I have been saying all along that the KKK white supremacists have found a home in the Republican Party. Trump appointed Bannon and that strengthened his foothold ....... it is the foothold of white supremacy within our government now. Trump needs their support and will cater to the whims of Bannon and his constituents. It could get even worse and that is what is scary.

You can say that the Kluxers lean Republican and I can say that Black Power or Black Nationalists lean towars the Dems but can we not drop that and look more at the average American who is neither.

But then Trump isn't trying to appeal to the "average American".  Those he appointed are white supremacists and far right. Those he supports running for office are far right kooks. His tax plan favors the 1%.  Hmmmm ..... so much for "the average American".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Trusted Social Butterfly

New Republican Party

Message 42 of 49 (119 Views)

3 White Nationalists hired to work in the Trump White House

A federal judge is not qualified because his parents were born in Mexico

Both the Nazi Party and KKK praise the Trump Administration

etc.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 43 of 49 (109 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I have been saying all along how deep racism runs in America. I have been saying all along that the KKK white supremacists have found a home in the Republican Party. Trump appointed Bannon and that strengthened his foothold ....... it is the foothold of white supremacy within our government now. Trump needs their support and will cater to the whims of Bannon and his constituents. It could get even worse and that is what is scary.

You can say that the Kluxers lean Republican and I can say that Black Power or Black Nationalists lean towards the Dems but can we not drop that and look more at the average American who is neither.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 49 (137 Views)

"He wants this, kind of, European-style, populist, new-right upheaval and he's going about trying to make it happen," Kristol continued, adding, "Given that Trump is in the White House more or less supporting this -- I take it pretty seriously."

AKA  Nazism

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 49 (149 Views)

Mlseker:  And he plans to do much of that by funding and advancing primary challenges to more than a dozen Republican senatorial candidates, a trick that will likely further mutate the DNA of the GOP.

I get that he's going after the GOP establishment, but I fail to see what the next step in his plan would be. He seems bent on getting the most freakish & radical candidates (Roy Moore for example) into office.....but then what? What does he want out of a collection of people with outlandish views who are unable to legislate? So what is the end game if these folks are unable to advance an agenda through congress?

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 49 (139 Views)

MIseker wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I brought this up because one of our venerable posters declared he was with Trump in ushering in the NEW party. I read a lot of related stuff..evangelicals believeing he was chosen by God, the new party is pushing us to the state europe was in vis the religious wars that helped begat separation of church and state etc.

My signature quote says it all.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 49 (146 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I brought this up because one of our venerable posters declared he was with Trump in ushering in the NEW party. I read a lot of related stuff..evangelicals believeing he was chosen by God, the new party is pushing us to the state europe was in vis the religious wars that helped begat separation of church and state etc.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 49 (160 Views)

Treasured Social Butterfly

New Republican Party

Message 49 of 49 (167 Views)

From a statement by Bill Kristol:

"I don't think it's any great mystery, Stephen Bannon wants to destroy the old Republican Party," said Kristol. "He does not agree with it. He thinks that it's bad for the country. He doesn't like free trade. He doesn't like modern immigration policy. He doesn't like old-fashioned Republican internationalism.

"He wants this, kind of, European-style, populist, new-right upheaval and he's going about trying to make it happen," Kristol continued, adding, "Given that Trump is in the White House more or less supporting this -- I take it pretty seriously."

which leads to a great article..

http://prospect.org/article/gop-now-white-nationalist-party-and-isn%E2%80%99t-changing-anytime-soon

From the link:

One needn’t look far for the evidence. Just take a peek at what Steve Bannon is up to. Even as he explained his ideology to my boss and colleague, Robert Kuttner, as “economic nationalism,” what Bannon is really doing, Kuttner observes, is combining economic nationalism with white nationalism. And he plans to do much of that by funding and advancing primary challenges to more than a dozen Republican senatorial candidates, a trick that will likely further mutate the DNA of the GOP. In a binary system such as ours, this is a particularly effective tactic, since once the general election comes around, most voters will select their favored candidate from one of the two major parties, often without much more knowledge than the candidate’s party affiliation. These days, most people who consider themselves Republican would recoil at the thought of checking the box next to a Democrat’s name.

Worth a read, because there is plenty more. 

So it begins.