Latest Update on the Senate Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 31 of 46 (129 Views)

Let's consider the cause for this (if real) disturbing effect.

1. Jrbush attacks a Muslim State, destroys it's infrastructure and leaves it in a state of Civil War. How many Christians died as a result of Muslims retaliating against jr's brutal aggression?

2. jrbush dishonors and disbands the Iraqi Army after they offer to assist in maintaining order after the fall of Saddam. With no honor, no job, no pay and no respect, the Army joins ISIS, who before this was a insignificant gaggle of super radicals and after could kick the butt of the Army of Syria then occupy and hold vast tracts of land in Syria and Iraq. How many Christians died at the hands of the newly invigorated ISIS, thanks to jrbush's stupidity?

3. Lebanon was "the Switzerland of the Mideast", operating for 70 years with a mixed government of Christians and Muslims, with a Christian President and a Muslim Prime Minister. Around 1975, Syria began arming Muslims militants, and the resulting civil war saw Syria turning Lebanon into a vassal state and a base to launch attacks against Israel. As Israel retaliated, radical Muslim groups would attack Christian civilians claiming it was in response to Christian America's backing Israel.

The sad fact is our War for Oil killed more Muslim Iraqi's than the current anti-Christian violence will kill in the next 20 years.

Those seeking to inflame alt-right nutjobs to hate Muslims with distortions of the Cardinal's speech should consider how many more deaths their rhetoric will cause on both sides.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 46 (140 Views)

Richva wrote:

Here is a very nice article on Christian Terrorism. 

--

Of course JimC is correct, it has nothing to do with the topic, just another attempt at obfuscation.   And again the actions of those CLAIMING to be Christians has nothing to do with Christians being killed for their faith. 

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 46 (143 Views)

Richva wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
At this point in history, i believe more Muslims are being killed for their religious beliefs. any outrage or thoughts on this?

Do you have any supporting evidence for your statement @MIseker ?

Here is a very nice article on Christian Terrorism.  All one needs do is Google Muslims killed by Christians and centuries of FACTS just pop right out at you.  I am trying to figure out the point of the post. I think it is a bad thing. Not sure if the author does.  I don't see how it involves the United States. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Hey Rich, You and miseeker shoulder consider starting your own thread on YOUR topic.  You guys are attempting to take this thread OFF TOPIC which is frowned upon by the Moderators.  

This thread is about the rate Christians are being killed for practicing their faith...

By the way, this disclaimer is displayed at the topy of your link:

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.45.20 AM.png

VIMTSTL

Message 34 of 46 (139 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
At this point in history, i believe more Muslims are being killed for their religious beliefs. any outrage or thoughts on this?

Here is a very nice article on Christian Terrorism.  All one needs do is Google Muslims killed by Christians and centuries of FACTS just pop right out at you.  I am trying to figure out the point of the post. I think it is a bad thing. Not sure if the author does.  I don't see how it involves the United States. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Message 35 of 46 (124 Views)

MIseker wrote:

--

Any Muslims being killed are those mostly by other Muslims, not necessarily because of religious beliefs.

Message 36 of 46 (122 Views)

MIseker wrote:

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 46 (126 Views)

MIseker wrote:

And a lot of Muslims killing non Muslims indiscriminately worldwide.

Message 38 of 46 (124 Views)
So it begins.

Message 39 of 46 (125 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

Pointing out sources when the sources lack accuracy and integrity are most assuredly ON TOPIC.

And yes, we are to say that one particular religion doesn't share the same persecution.

To state that the largest and most violent of all religions is now the one being persecuted is a false thesis perpetrated by sources like I have noted.

--

Of course bringing up that sources is off topic, unless one want to use that to cast doubt on the information presented.

As to say that a particular religion is more violent than others is another way to even cast more doubt.  

Can one slam a religion because of what it's followers does rather than the principles it is founded upon, principles to 'love one another'?   Which religion was our country basically founded upon and which has provide refuge for those persecuted because of their religious beliefs?

Message 40 of 46 (120 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:--

Of course pointing out that the sources reporting this are not valid is also off-topic.   Has nothing to do with the topic.

I am not Catholic, but are we to say that one religion is more important than others and doesn't share the same persecution?

Pointing out sources when the sources lack accuracy and integrity are most assuredly ON TOPIC.

Funny... Yet you fail to provide evidence of your allegations concerning accuracy.  Are you refuting any of the facts in the posted article about the one day meeting at the National Press Club?  This would be easy enough to check since MANY were there to HEAR the Washington Archbishop speak on this topic.

Attack without evidence is pretty WEAK...

btw, YOU are the first post in this thread to ATTEMPT to take it OFF TOPIC.  "Knock it Off"...

VIMTSTL