Save 30% on AARP Smart Driver™ online course during Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Use code DDA

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,196
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 1 of 46 (34 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

That tag line is an off topic invitation

 



--

But of course your's isn't?  Have a nice day.


Of course -  mine is too

KAKISTOCRACY
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 39,456
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 2 of 46 (41 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

That tag line is an off topic invitation

 



--

But of course your's isn't?  Have a nice day.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
— Albert Einstein —
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 39,456
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 3 of 46 (42 Views)

Richva wrote:

I was just pointing out how many examples we have here in the U.S. of Christians trying to persecute those they consider sinners. Far too many to mention, I guess. 


--

Could we also conclude that there are those who are against anyone who are attempting to stick to their moral and spiritual beliefs?  Would that fit into your category? 

 

Of course one group is allowed to force their opinions on others, but the group that are being forced upon are completely wrong.  According to what you say that could be categorized as religious persecution wouldn't it?  Therefore isn't Christians the ones being perscuted for their beliefs?

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
— Albert Einstein —
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,835
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 4 of 46 (44 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:


It addressed a comment in your post.


 



--

The 'comment' was a quote from Albert Einstein, and was included as my signature line.  But I'm sure that the late Albert Einstein would just thank you for your comments but would disagree with your calling it a contradiction.

And "I'm sure" that you are completely incorrect. 

Einstein was a genius of math, science and logic.

As such, it's unbelievable that he would be so irrational as to believe contrived religious beliefs supersede known scientific facts.

 

 

Now that this is settled I hope you have a good day today....

Thanks ..... You have a good day too Tex. 

Always glad to help you out!

 


 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,196
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 5 of 46 (50 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Science and religion are best considered as opposite sides of the same coin representing all of existence.



--

On the topic of science versus religion, which of course is completely off topic, I'll yield to someone who is considered to have been the most eminent of scientists.  Especially when compared to anonymous posters on a discussion forum hiding behind a pseudonym.

 

Anyone without a preconceived bias against religion could see that they don't necessarily contradict the other as far as secular matters, with true science actually proving concepts of religion.  Even science cannot explain what happens to a person after death, but is where religious faith and belief does.


That tag line is an off topic invitation

 

KAKISTOCRACY
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,577
Registered: ‎02-28-2008

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 6 of 46 (54 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Richva wrote:



Kind of like in this country where Christians refused to perform marriages if they felt the couple was sinning?  Or Christians passed laws allowing them to refuse to serve or give medical care to people they considered active sinners? 

 

 


--

Neither comment has anything to do with the topic. 


No. The comments were responding to the dismissal by another poster of the idea that Christians persecute Muslims on a regular basis and how the Muslim extremists got their attitudes toward Christians.  I was just pointing out how many examples we have here in the U.S. of Christians trying to persecute those they consider sinners. Far too many to mention, I guess. 

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 39,456
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 7 of 46 (66 Views)

myexper wrote:


It addressed a comment in your post.


 



--

The 'comment' was a quote from Albert Einstein, and was included as my signature line.  But I'm sure that the late Albert Einstein would just thank you for your comments but would disagree with your calling it a contradiction.

 

Now that this is settled I hope you have a good day today....

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
— Albert Einstein —
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,473
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 8 of 46 (67 Views)

People of all religions have suffered persecution at some time or another. Interestingly or curiously, it is often people of another religion that are the persecutors.  Keep in mind that the word 'religion' is not synonymous with 'Christian'.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 39,456
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 9 of 46 (69 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Science and religion are best considered as opposite sides of the same coin representing all of existence.



--

On the topic of science versus religion, which of course is completely off topic, I'll yield to someone who is considered to have been the most eminent of scientists.  Especially when compared to anonymous posters on a discussion forum hiding behind a pseudonym.

 

Anyone without a preconceived bias against religion could see that they don't necessarily contradict the other as far as secular matters, with true science actually proving concepts of religion.  Even science cannot explain what happens to a person after death, but is where religious faith and belief does.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
— Albert Einstein —
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,835
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Nearly One Christian Killed Every Hour for Practicing Faith

Message 10 of 46 (72 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

 

Your new slogan by Albert Einstein is most profound  ..... especially the part about "religion without science is blind." 

 

Now if people would only practice what they preach ....

 

 


--

Apparently some posters continue fishing for negative comments to make in regards to the topic or other posters. 

An attempt to evade your obvious contradiction.

 

There has been no denial that there is some correlation between religion and science.

To deny scientific facts when they de-bunk what you want to believe is a classic example of "religion without science is blind." 

 

That is the reason for using the quote.

No .... you can't have it both ways Tex .....

If you truly believe that quote, then you can't deny scientific facts just because they get in the way of what you want to believe.

 

Besides the comment has nothing to do with the  topic. 

It addressed a comment in your post.