The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 61 of 108 (190 Views)

afisher wrote:

The donald supporters keep whining and throwing up smoke screens.   They are ignoring the facts that were released in the emails - that were released by Donald Jr.     

Given their latest excuses - Junior is a dope.    That should makes one ask about the other 2 guys who he invited to the meeting.    Are they so lazy that they don't bother to ask the 5W's about the meeting.  

If the DS say nope they were merely puppy-dogging behind Junior, what does that tell anyone about the upper eschelon of the current regime.     But that is fine, it only shows the depth of the ignorance and denial by the "ds"  

There is a thing called "opposition research". In that vein, he got an email offering "dirt". He agreed to look at it. She actually had a different agenda. He walked out.

Without all the hyperbole, please tell me what I have missed.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 62 of 108 (195 Views)

The donald supporters keep whining and throwing up smoke screens.   They are ignoring the facts that were released in the emails - that were released by Donald Jr.     

Given their latest excuses - Junior is a dope.    That should makes one ask about the other 2 guys who he invited to the meeting.    Are they so lazy that they don't bother to ask the 5W's about the meeting.  

If the DS say nope they were merely puppy-dogging behind Junior, what does that tell anyone about the upper eschelon of the current regime.     But that is fine, it only shows the depth of the ignorance and denial by the "ds"  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 108 (184 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--problem? Yes!

Little donnie jr. knew the real reason behind the meeting was to get dirt from the Russians about Hillary.

Whose real reason, his? If so, sure that was the bait.

Ahh, gee--it was in the e-mail he gleefully responded to with "I love it!"

Four different versions of the truth have seeped from junior's mouth--liar like his father. Why lie if there is nothing to hide??

Of course, "opposition research" is as old as politics.

How many lies have the base defended only to learn they were jyst that--lies!!??

I have no idea what you are calling lies. "Repeal and replace in the first month" - does that count on your list? I'll throw in "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" and we have a wash. 

Problem?--you bet---and denial of the truth does nothing but enable the corruption, and prove that trump sr. was right when he said he lies to his base because they are stupid and will believe anything.  

More hate driven vague generalities.

Care to explain how  after the meeting trump sr., knew thousands if e-mails would be released. Maybe he's psychic??? 

I have no idea what you are referring to.

Last night I saw a video showing your hero with the exact people who set up the treasonous meeting with jr. (CNN).

"your hero" - please make an effort at maturity.

Gee, can't wait to hear the excuses and outcry when this administration falls--don't need a crystal ball to know that--just brains and acceptance of the truth.

Define "falls" - are you expecting an impeachment or the revolution brought about be the neoMarxist's "brown shirts"?

Easy to see how Hitler gained power--some things don't change--and denial of criminal and immoral acts--whether by Hitler or trump--seem to be one of those things. 

How did Hitler gain power that is equatable to our elections. Were the Russians involved in his election?? On the other hand, he had the "brown shirts", here the other side has the "Guy Fawkes masks" as well as the "What do we want, dead cops" little darlings. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 108 (184 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Getting beyond "Der Trumperer, jr.", "Tsar", "lemontops" (there are two of them?), "Speilberg", "Phillip K Dick", "The Matrix", and a lot of shouting - was her interest not the adoption program? Only if one would choose to believe trump, and why would ANYONE with abrain do that.  How many times do you need to be lied to to realize they jave ZERO credibility?  She was here in the US to help address US sanctions against Russia, beginning with the Magnitsky Act which prompted Russia to stop allowing Americans to adopt Russian children.

Yes, it turns out that she was lobbying about the adoption thing. We are in agreement. She used "dirt" as bait to get the meeting. I hope we are in agreement on that. When her real intentions came to light, the meeting ended. I hope we can agree on that.

Russian lawyer who met with Trump Jr. has long history fighting sanctions

"Interest in adoptions"....LMAO!!!

What is the humor - that is what you said she was lobbying about.

Did she not dangle bait about Hillary? Nope, not her.

Who did?

Were any laws broken? Can you assure others none were?

Have you stopped kicking your neighbor's dog? Just answer yes or no please

As to making this stuff up - you are the King, Sir Strawman.

No logic so, naturally, an insult.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 108 (192 Views)

RK--problem? Yes!

Little donnie jr. knew the real reason behind the meeting was to get dirt from the Russians about Hillary.

Ahh, gee--it was in the e-mail he gleefully responded to with "I love it!"

Four different versions of the truth have seeped from junior's mouth--liar like his father. Why lie if there is nothing to hide??

How many lies have the base defended only to learn they were jyst that--lies!!??

Problem?--you bet---and denial of the truth does nothing but enable the corruption, and prove that trump sr. was right when he said he lies to his base because they are stupid and will believe anything.  

Care to explain how  after the meeting trump sr., knew thousands if e-mails would be released. Maybe he's psychic??? 

Last night I saw a video showing your hero with the exact people who set up the treasonous meeting with jr. (CNN).

Gee, can't wait to hear the excuses and outcry when this administration falls--don't need a crystal ball to know that--just brains and acceptance of the truth.

Easy to see how Hitler gained power--some things don't change--and denial of criminal and immoral acts--whether by Hitler or trump--seem to be one of those things. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 108 (189 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Getting beyond "Der Trumperer, jr.", "Tsar", "lemontops" (there are two of them?), "Speilberg", "Phillip K Dick", "The Matrix", and a lot of shouting - was her interest not the adoption program? Only if one would choose to believe trump, and why would ANYONE with abrain do that.  How many times do you need to be lied to to realize they jave ZERO credibility?  She was here in the US to help address US sanctions against Russia, beginning with the Magnitsky Act which prompted Russia to stop allowing Americans to adopt Russian children.

Russian lawyer who met with Trump Jr. has long history fighting sanctions

"Interest in adoptions"....LMAO!!!

Did she not dangle bait about Hillary? Nope, not her.  Were any laws broken? Can you assure others none were?

As to making this stuff up - you are the King, Sir Strawman.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 108 (183 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Jimc--Oh please! He received a message telling him Russians an international lawyer who happens to be a Russian citizen had dirt on Hillary, and he's too stupid to see a problem??? Kushner left the meeting out when reporting meetings with foreign entities on his security form--that shows consciousness of guilt. trump jr went in Jake Tapper's (CNN) and called DNC liars who lacked a moral compass when asked about the meeting that had already occurred--why would he do that if he thought he'd done nothing wring.possibly he thought Tapper was doing something "wring" - reporters are supposed to report the news, not create the news.

trump sr., telegraphed the release of the e-mails that were discussed in the e-mail, which FBI has.

You are merely repeating trump jr.'s lawyer explanation as to how his client could commit treason and not know.  has "treason" seriously been alledged? Makes no sense--to anyone who is thinking and not in deep denial. Makes no sense that Manafort would be present. None of the excuses make sense!

The entire family is dirty--I would think one would get tired of defending things that are immoral and negatively impact this country's security.

Time to get REAL!! blind hatred

mimi--Repubs. are starting to figure out there is a criminal in and many more around the WH. blind hatred

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 108 (187 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:
  • The Trump campaign sought out the help of Russians to win the presidency. It also contradicts a number of claims made by the White House, the campaign and Trump Jr. himselfm claims made as recently as this weekend. For an administration and campaign that have repeatedly denied contact with Russians and had their denials blow up in their faces, it's yet another dubious chapter.
  • Trump Jr. told the Times in March that he never met with any Russians while working in a campaign capacity.
  • What's notable here is that Trump Jr. vociferously denied the Russians were trying to help Trump just a month after meeting with a Russian who promised damaging information on Clinton.

1) "Was offered", not "sought out".

2) "a Russian national", not "the Russians".

3) "Denied contact with the Russian government", not "Russian nationals".

4) (last item) Again the implied "Russian government" vs a lawyer who does business in this country who happens to be a Russian citizen.

All this is no more than a lame effort to continue the thought that Putin got Trump elected. No proof of this has been offered so, instead, all this other jazz is constantly bombarding us.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 108 (187 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

So basically what you are saying is that she offered to collude but when that didn't happen; all that came to the collusion meeting should get a pass.

What they should get IS a pass....... a "do not pass go" "go directly to jail" type pass.

Watch in the coming days as Junior is thrown under a bus and left for dead by the rest of the GRIFTER TRUMP FAMILY.

So basically what I am saying is, she offered political "dirt", when they met she revealed her real intention, they left. It really isn't that complicated.

conservative/republican rationalizations/disengenuities/falsehoods really are quite transparent and simplistic, aren't they?

So transparent and simplistic that any logical and rational adult whose thought processes aren't muddied by rightwing prejudice can see through them...

Words sans meaning. Let's try this in nice simple, easy steps:

1) She asked for a meeting promising useful political information. T/F?

2) Once they sat down, her real agenda came out - the adoption program. T/F?

3) The meeting ended. T/F?

I frankly can not see any political ideology nor "wing" jazz in that basic set of facts. The confusion comes in when someone tries to change it into something it isn't.

Hey - good - answer my "words sans meaning" with - Kellyanne's trademarked dissembling dirtbaggery...

Does Kellyanne allow her techniques to be used without attribution?

I must have misread the topic. I didn't realize it was about the techniques of Ms. Conway. 

Now, what about numbers 1 thru 3 above - any thoughts on the topic (this topic)?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 108 (177 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

mimi0000 wrote:

Where is the Republican outrage on this?    

Generally speaking Republicans (at least Conservative ones) save their outrage for something outrageous. Things like selling the office of SecState to enrich the family business or "unmasking" of American citizens spied on for purely partisan reasons or destroying subpoenaed material and getting away with it.

Outrageous stuff like that.

So Republicans only get outraged when they make something up instead of when something actually happens.

So, no need to restate. The original was quite sufficient. Think of it this way - the family business did get money from nations that received US dollars and her husband did get 1/2 million dollar fees from nations that received US dollars. ("actually happened")

On the other hand, a meeting was asked for, it was held, when the real purpose became apparent, it ended. Problem???