Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 11 of 108 (186 Views)

It was never food stamps that threw this country into a depression.  It was corporate greed and corporate welfare.  Matter of fact if it was corporate greed and depressions they caused that brought about food stamps.  So actually the GOP is responsible for food stamps, unemployment benefits, medicade and all the other good programs we use when the GOP messes things up.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 12 of 108 (172 Views)

pc6063 wrote:
Spoiler

NH--You are correct--trump's main concern is trump. Your reasoning with regard to helping Americans less well off  is pure Republican rhetoric, which neglects the reality of those truly in need.

BTW, were you not living in the US when Mr. Obama pulled this country out of a near depression?  And also, just what has trump "done for you"?

Just wondering!

Shoring up our Southern border (patrols with teeth), trying to revamp the crazy tax code, trying to eliminate the taxes Obama foisted on many Republicans including myself.  Obama "pulled the country out of a depression"?  How, by increasing by 50% food stamps?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 108 (171 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Loyal Americans do not use their office to enrich the family business.

Now that we have resolved the "loyal Americans" issue, shall we talk about the realities of how politicis (sadly) really work??

You are right, they don't rk9152, and that is exactly what Trump and family are doing. Loyal Americans don't collude with the Russians and Putin to influence our elections either. Politics wouldn't work this way if all Americans, including those with Blind Hatred for the Left, would show Trump that they will not stand for it instead of blindly following and supporting him

Once again, meeting with lobbyist/lawyer is not "colluding with the Russians and Putin". Can we not put that one to bed.

Can you point out any examples of "blind hatred for the left"? Sounds like just parroting the truth about the left as a cover.

I know of no one "blindly following President Trump". Where is there to go that he is "leading us" (supposedly). I personally did support him as opposition to the Republican establishment and I certainly supported him as opposition to Hillary.

Since that time I have defended common sense in this rather than let the pettiness of tRump, homosexual references to his mouth, agent orange, and the rest go by.

Then when the supposed "collusion" comes up, I defend, not the President but logic. Example - meeting with a lobbyist/lawyer legally admitted to the country by the Obama (notice the "adult" capital "O") Administration is not treason. When I argue against that dumb idea, I am not defending the President, I am defending common sense. To me, that is the whole point of "discussion boards".

Why don't you believe the emails that Donnie, Jr. released?

Trusted Social Butterfly

NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 14 of 108 (172 Views)

Trump Jr  lied and/or changed his story about this meeting multiple times, so why would anyone believe him when he said nothing happened? 

Next, it is a violation of Federal Campaign Law to accept anything of value from someone who's from a foreign country. In this case, unknown data/negative emails on Hillary was apparently offered to the Trump campaign. Trump Jr and company went to this meeting to obtain that data. If that happened, it was clearly a violation of federal law. 

The other legal question is one where I don't know the answer.. Does going to a secret meeting with a foreigner to collect something of value to the Presidential campaign constitute a violation of law in itself, even if nothing was actually obtained during the meeting?

Finally, several attorneys said there is a possible conspiracy to commite a crime law involved with this meeting. I'm not sure about that, but I am positive about the first violation of law cited in this post.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 108 (158 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--With regard to the whole of your last post. Ridiculous, delusional, and seriously silly.

How anyone can deny the corruption within this WH and those around it screams ignorance. 

Gee, I miss adult discussion.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 108 (135 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Now that we have resolved the "loyal Americans" issue, shall we talk about the realities of how politicis (sadly) really work??

You are right, they don't rk9152, and that is exactly what Trump and family are doing. Loyal Americans don't collude with the Russians and Putin to influence our elections either. Politics wouldn't work this way if all Americans, including those with Blind Hatred for the Left, would show Trump that they will not stand for it instead of blindly following and supporting him

Once again, meeting with lobbyist/lawyer is not "colluding with the Russians and Putin". Can we not put that one to bed.

Can you point out any examples of "blind hatred for the left"? Sounds like just parroting the truth about the left as a cover.

I know of no one "blindly following President Trump". Where is there to go that he is "leading us" (supposedly). I personally did support him as opposition to the Republican establishment and I certainly supported him as opposition to Hillary.

Since that time I have defended common sense in this rather than let the pettiness of tRump, homosexual references to his mouth, agent orange, and the rest go by.

Then when the supposed "collusion" comes up, I defend, not the President but logic. Example - meeting with a lobbyist/lawyer legally admitted to the country by the Obama (notice the "adult" capital "O") Administration is not treason. When I argue against that dumb idea, I am not defending the President, I am defending common sense. To me, that is the whole point of "discussion boards".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 108 (135 Views)

RK--With regard to the whole of your last post. Ridiculous, delusional, and seriously silly.

How anyone can deny the corruption within this WH and those around it screams ignorance. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 108 (143 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 108 (142 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

RK-- getting real deals with facing reality, and has nothing to do with maturity, but if you'd like, get real mature and face the truth that trump is a national security risk who allowed the Russians to meddle in our presidental elections with full knowledge. 

Yes, reality as opposed to the made up, hate based conjecture you offered above. No one has shown where he has allowed any meddling. On the other hand, there is information about the previous Administration having such information and doing nothing about it prior to the elections. Additionally, to this day, the DNC refuses to allow the FBI experts to look into Russian hacking on their computers. That is a telling comment from the Dem side.

RK, the international lawyer was not the Russian operative. You need to keep up with your news.

Originally she was the only one referred to and yet the hate filled left was using the term "Russian operative". And, no matter how many and who were involved the simple reality remains - "dirt" was offered, a meeting was granted, the real intent came out, the meeting ended. There was no giving up of secrets, no debts incurred.

Bottom line - if you can get away from the blind hatred (either sincere or just politically inspired) you see there is nothing worth talking about in this.

I guess colluding with a foreign power to compromise our Presidential election is good but talking about adoptions is bad.

"Opposition reaearch" is not illegal. A person's citizenship does not make that person a "foreign power".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 108 (135 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

mimi0000 wrote:

Where is the Republican outrage on this?    

Generally speaking Republicans (at least Conservative ones) save their outrage for something outrageous. Things like selling the office of SecState to enrich the family business or "unmasking" of American citizens spied on for purely partisan reasons or destroying subpoenaed material and getting away with it.

Outrageous stuff like that.

So Republicans only get outraged when they make something up instead of when something actually happens.

So, no need to restate. The original was quite sufficient. Think of it this way - the family business did get money from nations that received US dollars and her husband did get 1/2 million dollar fees from nations that received US dollars. ("actually happened")

On the other hand, a meeting was asked for, it was held, when the real purpose became apparent, it ended. Problem???

I didn't restate anything I just pointed out that some people here only get upset with the stories they make up instead of getting upset when actual crimes are committed.

Is "opposition research" illegal?? If so, please cite the law. If the claim is "collusion" please cite the law and the relationship to what happened.