AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 1 of 108 (25 Views)

NOT states " Pick CNN or Huff n Puff or whatever you want.  Unless they are out and out lying, Obama and the Democrats increased Food Stamps.  Obama - the Food Stamp President as he will be known. Trump's goal is less people on Food Stamps and MORE people working - something the left doesn't like! "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's be totally honest OK NOT !!!

There were two very important factors to list when speaking fairly about the increase in food stamps or SNAP.

1)  The number of food stamp beneficiaries ticked upward under G.W. Bush due to his policies that broadened eligibility for the program and more aggressive efforts to get eligible Americans to apply for the food stamp benefits. These G.W. Bush policies remained in effect under Obama.

2) The Great Recession from 2007 - 2009 , which drove the number of food stamp recipients to record highs.

So yes , the number did increase under Obama , but lets be fair in explaining why !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

Message 2 of 108 (51 Views)

No answers , but so many questions - Nauseating !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 108 (62 Views)

creppelrm wrote:

It was never food stamps that threw this country into a depression.  It was corporate greed and corporate welfare.  Matter of fact if it was corporate greed and depressions they caused that brought about food stamps.  So actually the GOP is responsible for food stamps, unemployment benefits, medicade and all the other good programs we use when the GOP messes things up.

What corporate welfare caused the great depression?? I don't think we had food stamps back then.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 108 (63 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Loyal Americans do not use their office to enrich the family business.

Now that we have resolved the "loyal Americans" issue, shall we talk about the realities of how politicis (sadly) really work??

You are right, they don't rk9152, and that is exactly what Trump and family are doing. Loyal Americans don't collude with the Russians and Putin to influence our elections either. Politics wouldn't work this way if all Americans, including those with Blind Hatred for the Left, would show Trump that they will not stand for it instead of blindly following and supporting him

Once again, meeting with lobbyist/lawyer is not "colluding with the Russians and Putin". Can we not put that one to bed.

Can you point out any examples of "blind hatred for the left"? Sounds like just parroting the truth about the left as a cover.

I know of no one "blindly following President Trump". Where is there to go that he is "leading us" (supposedly). I personally did support him as opposition to the Republican establishment and I certainly supported him as opposition to Hillary.

Since that time I have defended common sense in this rather than let the pettiness of tRump, homosexual references to his mouth, agent orange, and the rest go by.

Then when the supposed "collusion" comes up, I defend, not the President but logic. Example - meeting with a lobbyist/lawyer legally admitted to the country by the Obama (notice the "adult" capital "O") Administration is not treason. When I argue against that dumb idea, I am not defending the President, I am defending common sense. To me, that is the whole point of "discussion boards".

Why don't you believe the emails that Donnie, Jr. released?

I do. He was offered "opposition research" and he said, "yep". He found out it was something else and he walked. What is your point?

Again, if you really have no interest in discussing the topic - post anything and I promise you the last word.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 108 (78 Views)
Spoiler
CT--Absolutely 💯% correct!!
Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

NYT IS REPORTING THAT ERIC TRUMP MET WITH RUSSIAN LAWYER LAST JUNE TO GET DAMAGING INFO. ON HILL

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 108 (105 Views)

Even if one agrees with the Trump's goals, as stated by NH, that means nothing as he can change his positions in a heartbeat. Please note how he's signing off on the Obama Iran Nuclear Treaty for the 2nd time.

The only thing that matters to Trump is his massive ego and winning. He's not a conservative and he has no core values.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 108 (109 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

Oh trivisonno.com - what a great legit source , much more accurate than CNN

Pick CNN or Huff n Puff or whatever you want.  Unless they are out and out lying, Obama and the Democrats increased Food Stamps.  Obama - the Food Stamp President as he will be known. Trump's goal is less people on Food Stamps and MORE people working - something the left doesn't like!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 108 (112 Views)

Oh trivisonno.com - what a great legit source , much more accurate than CNN

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 108 (115 Views)

creppelrm wrote:

It was never food stamps that threw this country into a depression.  It was corporate greed and corporate welfare.  Matter of fact if it was corporate greed and depressions they caused that brought about food stamps.  So actually the GOP is responsible for food stamps, unemployment benefits, medicade and all the other good programs we use when the GOP messes things up.

The GOP is responsible for Food Stamps?????  Just look at the chart and you will see what YOUR Democrat President Obama did for food stamps:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 108 (123 Views)

What does G.W. Bush's Patriotic lifetime Republican Ethics Lawyer Richard Painter know - throw him under the bus as well ,  Far Right Republicons  !!!