How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,723
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 41 of 295 (116 Views)

Tx  I am going to disagree with you in your statement of Trump' He is not an equal oportunity abuser and insulting both sexes.

Please name all the men that he has insulted and then make a list of the women that he has insulted publicly.?  I am sure that you will see the difference in numbers.

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 40,786
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 42 of 295 (110 Views)

@rker321

 

Either one is talking about equality or not.  And if one is talking about equality then it's fair to say that men and women in the professional or public world has to be considered on an equal basis, no exceptions.  And that is exactly what this topic is about.  My opinion of equality is based on experience in situations where no one could expect special treatment. 

 

I have already said that Trump is an equal opportunity abuser of language towards others.  So what is the problem? 

 

As far as here, with the tone of this forum, one cannot take it personally.  It isn't like other discussion sites where civility is enforced and followed by all.  There is no doubt that a good many are here for the discord. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,723
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 43 of 295 (102 Views)

Look Tx,, let's agree to disagree, and yes you have been here longer than me, and I have been here a lot longer than many others, I don't feel that is going to make a differencedo you?
I and many others have a different opinion on what is equality and what is not. You are not going to change, and neither are we.
Whether you are wrong or right or vice versa, is really not the issue.
The issue is, that Trump has never been a kind man where women are concerned.
He did it  dufing his campaign  when he called Fiorina ugly, then he proceeded to do the same with Megan Kelly, then he also called  Ted Cruz wife ugly,Again and again, in all the aspects of his life his comments about women have never been kind or gentle.
I guess that he only see women as a 10, and if nothing else, he disregards them.

That is the fact. so let's keep equality to the side  for a moment, and now complete Trump's judgement  as a man that prides himself in insulting women whenever he feels he has the right to do so.

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 40,786
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 44 of 295 (110 Views)

@myexper

 

And you forget that women in the professional world is supposed to be equal as men?  Or at least they demand to be, yet want to be treated differently?   You haven't introduced anything but keep repeating the same old argument over and over.  And repeating the same old clichés such as 'straw man', 'misogamy', etc., over and over.   I believe that women, just like men, in the corporate and political world has to prove themselves on their own merits, no special favors.  And as I've posted, Trump is an equal opportunity abuser of words towards anyone.

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 40,786
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 45 of 295 (123 Views)

rker321 wrote:

My experience.

I am afraid that you have been caught in a loop. and it is going to be difficult to get out of that loop.

Tx, has decided to be contrary on anything that anyone has to say, and RK  will defend this actions with his never ending questions. his diversionary tactics and will conmpletely try to turn around all topics.

Having been in the message board for many many years, and having dealt with both. I can tell you, that you will be answering their posts forever. and never get a really direct answer to anything that that you may post.
Good luck to you in your endeavor, and if you triumph my blessings.


To the contrary, I believe I'm being objective and have no problem countering what I feel is wrong.  And as far as being on this message board for many years, I've been around way longer than you, in fact altogether since 2005, and there has been many posters who has come and gone, only one or more that has been here that long.

 

As far as posters who goes on and on forever, I would suggest a look be taken at someone who keeps repeating the same thing over and over, not you.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,723
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 46 of 295 (119 Views)

My experience.

I am afraid that you have been caught in a loop. and it is going to be difficult to get out of that loop.

Tx, has decided to be contrary on anything that anyone has to say, and RK  will defend this actions with his never ending questions. his diversionary tactics and will conmpletely try to turn around all topics.

Having been in the message board for many many years, and having dealt with both. I can tell you, that you will be answering their posts forever. and never get a really direct answer to anything that that you may post.
Good luck to you in your endeavor, and if you triumph my blessings.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,515
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

[ Edited ]
Message 47 of 295 (122 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper

 

Doesn't matter if you drag up everything but the kitchen sink for any reason. 

I only introduced known facts about Trump's misogamy Tex .... to negate the absurd defense of Trump's misogamy!

 

Doesn't matter Trump's position as President. 

Absurd! ..... The "position of President" is most significant .... in spite of Trump's complete incompetency in that position!

 

He apparently is an equal opportunity insulter,

Nope .... Trump is obsessed with insulting women Tex.

 

and just because in this case it was directed towards a female doesn't matter.

Trump's most vile and most vulgar insults were ALL directed at women Tex!

 

  Equality if equality if a person is in the public world. 

Trump's misogamy has nothing to do with any "equality" Tex.

 

All that other stuff you keep bringing up has nothing to do with this, but is just an attempt to further throw dirt.

An absurd description for "bringing up" facts Tex

 

It is much like someone calling him 'little donnie', 'idiot', etc.  Just attempts to bring him down to their level.

Wrong again .... Trump is responsible for the low level he has created for himself!

 

 

And of course you keep over using that phrase 'straw man' argument.  I would venture to say that repeating the same things about a person, whoever they are, is just as much the same.  We have seen here the same old arguments over and over,

Because you employ such an argument "over and over" Tex.

 

so

 

From Wikipedia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

 

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man"."

Yup .... and that's exactly what you do when you refute an argument that I never made Tex!

 

Who here keeps using that term towards someone who they disagree with?

The term was used toward a poster who continually resorts to straw man arguments Tex!

 

 

Have a good day there pardner.

A disingenuous gesture.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 40,786
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 48 of 295 (148 Views)

@myexper

 

Doesn't matter if you drag up everything but the kitchen sink for any reason.  Doesn't matter Trump's position as President.  He apparently is an equal opportunity insulter, and just because in this case it was directed towards a female doesn't matter.  Equality if equality if a person is in the public world. 

 

All that other stuff you keep bringing up has nothing to do with this, but is just an attempt to further throw dirt.  It is much like someone calling him 'little donnie', 'idiot', etc.  Just attempts to bring him down to their level.

 

And of course you keep over using that phrase 'straw man' argument.  I would venture to say that repeating the same things about a person, whoever they are, is just as much the same.  We have seen here the same old arguments over and over, so

 

From Wikipedia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

 

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man"."

 

Who here keeps using that term towards someone who they disagree with?

 

Have a good day there pardner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,515
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 49 of 295 (152 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

My question has to do with the PC definitions of equality. We are taught that the genders are equal. Well, if that is true, why is insulting women different from insulting men?



Yes, the theme here among the liberals is that both genders are equal, but now they are nailing Trump for his comments to a female, solely on that basis

Not true Tex!

 

 

If women are equal then what's the problem? 

The "problem" is with what you conveniently omit Tex.

- You conveniently omit that the man insulting women is the POTUS. And those insults consist of vile, vulgar, sexual deviate statements!

- You also conveniently omit that the man insulting women has a notorious history and obsession with attacking women.

- You also conveniently omit that one of Trump's insults is his self proclaimed entitlement as a celebrity to grab women in the crotch, an insult he never uses on men!

 

As such, any attempt at the equivalency you suggest is ludicrous and an enormous fallacy!

 

 

Is the equality only when a female wants to be involved in areas historically in the male domain? 

Trump's vile and vulgar treatment of women is not an issue of any "equality" Tex. What you fail to recognize is that ....

- The "male" insulting women is the POTUS. And those insults consist of vile, vulgar, sexual deviate statements!

- The "male" insulting women has a notorious history and obsession with attacking women.

- One of Trump's insults is his self proclaimed entitlement as a celebrity to grab women in the crotch, an insult he never uses on "males"!

 

So once again, any attempt at the equivalency you suggest is ludicrous and an enormous fallacy!

 

 

But they still have to be treated with chivalry?

That was NEVER suggested nor implied.  So it's just another one of the many straw man arguments you continually introduce Tex!



 

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 40,786
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 50 of 295 (149 Views)

mimi0000 wrote:

Grandpa,  If only you could walk in a woman's shoes you would understand this Issue.  Through out history  women had equality in many cultures.  


No, the issue is that there has been many posts here calling for equal rights for men and women, but now they are calling for special treatment. 

 

There is much in the news about women wanting equal rights in the business world and in the military.  But if women want to be equal, then they have to accept the same treatment as men.  If they occupy a position that has been historically for men, then they have to walk the walk...no more chivalry or special treatment because of their gender.

 

The question is does women want equality, or is it that they want to be more equal than men.  Would the same criticism of this topic be applied to a man if he was targeted by Trump?  I think not.