Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 11 of 295 (176 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

Were they paid the same in the military Tex , well they are NOT in civilian life !!!

Yes, there is a pay scale depending on pay grade and time in service.  And are you knowledgable with pay of professionals?   I understand some women in the broadcast industry are paid millions per year. 

The point is that there is a certain group here arguing that women should be treated equally but here Trump is being castigated purely because his comments were directed to a female.  So everyone should be treated equally except when Trump has negative words directed towards a woman? 

Now you are bringing in pay scales. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 295 (171 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mimi0000 wrote:

Grandpa,   What confounds me is that any thinking person would try to misconstrue, or twist, my comment to " justify negative attitudes in the workplace".

The topic is mostly about the workplace and women in it.

No it's not .... The topic is about "Misogynist Donald attacks another woman"!

If anyone had worked for me during my career, they would have found that there was no special treatment for anyone.  My opinion is that if anyone is filling a place in public, they shouldn't be accorded any special privileges not given to all. 

NOT making vile, vulgar insults at women is not considered "special privilege" Tex.  It's rationally expected!!!

Of course Trump isn't an angel, but from what has been said, neither is Hillary on the flip side. 

And "of course" the topic is about Trump's misogyny and vulgar insults to women and NOTHING to do with Hillary!

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 295 (170 Views)

Were they paid the same in the military Tex , well they are NOT in civilian life !!!

Tex , you just can't stop thinking of your girl Hillary !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 14 of 295 (165 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

It's amazing how some try and defend Trump, even some so called 'Independents'.

Independence is the mark of someone who is willing to have their own views, in spite of ridicule, rather than marching to the drumbeat of the crowd.  These support neither party, nor person but has their own views.  Those marching to the drumbeat of the crowd has to see what the view is before speaking out, basically being followers.

Continually defending Trump, no matter how vile his actions, is "marching to the drumbeat of his supporters"!

Message 15 of 295 (190 Views)

mimi0000 wrote:
Since you are referring to subordinates and people who worked for you there was no equality because you had control. Were there women on your level that were equals to you?

And of course my experience was in the military where equality was judged on rank and position.  Female soldiers was treated on an equal basis.  And of course I had control, but then again I served under female superior officers.

My point has been that yes, I had female soldiers who wanted preferential treatment like the Private who wanted me to help carry her field gear after my giving her a ride in our office's vehicle.  She asked why I couldn't be a gentleman and help her unload it at their barracks.  My reply was that I was not a gentleman but a NCO.  She found out quickly.  That was just one example. 

The point of my posts is that I expected men and women to equally perform their work the same.  No preference.  But there were allowances made for personal problems for both.  My best programmer was female.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 295 (178 Views)

mimi0000 wrote:

I was asked by Senator Conklin to testify for his 1972 New York State Bill to make it unlawful for Creditors to discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, color, or creed. 

I was married, mother of 4, held an Executive position with a very good salary, owned property but was refused a car loan unless my husband or father signed for me.  Women could not get credit on their own.

I testified in the Albany Senate Chambers.   After I finished a Senator came over to me, put his arm around my waist.... way around my waist.... squeezed  me and said “Nice job honey”.  

How would you interpret that?

By the way,  the bill passed.

I'd love to hear how men interpret that. I interpret that as his attempt to put you in your place. Which is "less" than him. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 295 (177 Views)

MImi

Typical politician!!!!!!! LOL  no wonder men are unable to understand what we are speaking about. unless perhaps is their own wives suffered the action.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 295 (177 Views)
Since you are referring to subordinates and people who worked for you there was no equality because you had control. Were there women on your level that were equals to you?

Super Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 295 (185 Views)

I was asked by Senator Conklin to testify for his 1972 New York State Bill to make it unlawful for Creditors to discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, color, or creed. 

I was married, mother of 4, held an Executive position with a very good salary, owned property but was refused a car loan unless my husband or father signed for me.  Women could not get credit on their own.

I testified in the Albany Senate Chambers.   After I finished a Senator came over to me, put his arm around my waist.... way around my waist.... squeezed  me and said “Nice job honey”.  

How would you interpret that?

By the way,  the bill passed.

Message 20 of 295 (192 Views)

mimi0000 wrote:

Grandpa,   What confounds me is that any thinking person would try to misconstrue, or twist, my comment to " justify negative attitudes in the workplace".

The topic is mostly about the workplace and women in it.  If anyone had worked for me during my career, they would have found that there was no special treatment for anyone.  My opinion is that if anyone is filling a place in public, they shouldn't be accorded any special privileges not given to all. 

Of course Trump isn't an angel, but from what has been said, neither is Hillary on the flip side. 

And yes the poem "IF" by Rudyard Kipling has always been one of my favorites and has served me well during difficult times during my career.

If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;