Are You Ready for the Next Natural Disaster? AARP Live Can Help You Get Prepared Tonight at 10 p.m. Watch here

Re: Misogynist Donald attacks another woman.

Message 1 of 295 (219 Views)

This thread has gone off topic, become repetitive, and borders on hostile.

Thank you for your contributions.  The thread is now closed.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 295 (240 Views)

mimi0000 wrote:

Here's the basic question for Grandpa.

Is it your honest opinion that women are equal to you?

That is as with anyone dependent upon their character.  There is many who deserves no respect just as there is with men.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 295 (246 Views)

Here's the basic question for Grandpa.

Is it your honest opinion that women are equal to you?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 295 (253 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

IMHO , you are sinking too low Tex trying to support such behavior. I never thought you would have supported someone as destructive as Trump !!!

I am being logical. 

Nope .... you're defending Trump's misogyny!

If one is going to preach equality, then it has to apply to everyone. 

How nice Tex.  But you conveniently omit that Trump's treatment of women is NOT EQUAL to his treatment of men!

And this is based more on partisanism than anything. 

Nope .... it's based on looking the other way on Trump's vile and vulgar actions toward women!

As far as I can gather, Trump isn't particular in being antagonistic just towards a certain gender, but equally.

Well you have '"gathered" incorrectly Tex!

As one example, when did Trump say that he is entitled to grab men by the crotch as he stated for his entitlement to grab women there Tex?

Whether I agree with Trump's actions or not isn't the question, but how can someone complain about his being a misogynist when women isn't his only targets?

Because his attacks on women are far more ferocious, vile and vulgar than his attacks on men. Trump also inserts sexual perversion when he attacks women Tex!

Therefore this is mainly based of partianship.

Nope .... it's based on a contrived fallacy to defend Trump no matter how vile his actions!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 295 (260 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

Were they paid the same in the military Tex , well they are NOT in civilian life !!!

Yes, there is a pay scale depending on pay grade and time in service.  And are you knowledgable with pay of professionals?   I understand some women in the broadcast industry are paid millions per year. 

The point is that there is a certain group here arguing that women should be treated equally but here Trump is being castigated purely because his comments were directed to a female. 

No Tex ... NOT "purely because" ..... It's "because" Trump's vile vulgar insults to women are FAR MORE ferocious and obnoxious than any insults to men. And on top of that Tex, Trump has also added sexual overtones and is obsessive with attacking women. His grotesque insults on women are NOT in any way equivalent to any of his insults to men!!!

So everyone should be treated equally except when Trump has negative words directed towards a woman?

Negative words directed towards women? .... Ludicrous Tex ..... Trump's insults "towards women" are vile, vulgar, obnoxious, sexual ..... far more than just "negative" as you would like to diminish!!! 

Message 6 of 295 (263 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

I was raised by a loving hardworking single Mom and Chivalry will never be dead in my life , so maybe you're asking the wrong person Tex.

I was raised to be respectful to everyone, but when anyone chooses to engage in the public rhelm or to occupy a positing equal to males, then they have to accept the bad with the good.    Women cannot expect to get special treatment in that case just because of their gender.

Message 7 of 295 (268 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

IMHO , you are sinking too low Tex trying to support such behavior. I never thought you would have supported someone as destructive as Trump !!!

I am being logical.  If one is going to preach equality, then it has to apply to everyone.  And this is based more on partisanism than anything.  As far as I can gather, Trump isn't particular in being antagonistic just towards a certain gender, but equally.

Whether I agree with Trump's actions or not isn't the question, but how can someone complain about his being a misogynist when women isn't his only targets?  Therefore this is mainly based of partianship.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 295 (273 Views)

I was raised by a loving hardworking single Mom and Chivalry will never be dead in my life , so maybe you're asking the wrong person Tex.

Message 9 of 295 (276 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

I'm not exactly supporting Trump but those who have been claiming equality for both men and women, but then arguing about Trump's misogyny because of his comments.  Sort of hypocritical when one argues that both genders are equal, but then criticizes Trump for picking on poor little ole Mika? 

So, is both genders supposed to be equal in the professional world or not?  Trump isn't supposed to say anything negative about a woman or not?  Can't have it both ways.  This is questioning the hypocrisy of some posters here, not necessarily defending Trump. 

So what is the liberal definition of equality?  Equal when they say so?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 295 (281 Views)