AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Trusted Social Butterfly

Mattis Says NBC Report On Trump Is ‘Absolutely False’

Message 41 of 79

In my lifetime, I've never seen a President of the United States describe the free press as "An Enemy of the People". 

In my lifetime, I've never seen a President try to censor a TV network because he doesn't like what they say about him. 

And yes, Steve Bannon and his cohorts are doing exactly what Joseph Goebbels did as Minister of Propaganda during the Hitler regime in Germany. 

Hitler:   Make Germany Great Again

Trump: Make America Great Again

Hitler: Blame Jews

Trump: Blame Muslims

Trump hired White Nationalists to work in the White House. I never imagined anything like this would happen in America. Nazis are White Nationalists. Trump Cult Members are in denial.

Americans were repulsed by the demonstration of Nazis and the KKK in Charlottesville

But Trump and his minions weren't the least bit upset

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Mattis Says NBC Report On Trump Is ‘Absolutely False’

Message 42 of 79

rk9152 wrote:

How many journalists has Trump jailed? How many did Obama jail? Do you really want to play that Hitler game?

Same old story with Trump.  Lots of wind and bluster with nothing accomplished.  He is railing at reporters who reported things he did not like where Obama quietly jailed reporters who released classified materials.  

Trump really is a moron, isn't he?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 79

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

How can I decide for myself if you think Mattis is a liar?

????????

Well, Mathis is under Trump's watchful eye and Trump can't identify the three , independent, whistleblowers who reported Trump wanting to increase the number of U.S. Nukes 10 fold (and Tillerson's "Moron" comment).  

I guess if you look at three independent and free sources against one guy trying to save is job, I will go with the three independent and untouchable resources every time. 

I guess we could. Who are those three independent and free sources so we can evaluate them?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 79

CriticalThinking wrote:

As I've stated before, the first thing Hitler did was imprison and/or execute members of the press because he knew a free and indpendent press is the enemy of a dictator. Hitler then made Joseph Goebbels his "Minister of Propaganda", the same role Steve Bannon and Company plays for Trump.

Unfortunately, members of the Trump cult are falling for this, and just like their hero, they continually attack our free press. Now their hero wants to stifle NBC, sounds just like one of HItler's first steps.

Intelligent people understand a FREE and INDEPENDENT PRESS is the foundation of our freedom.

How many journalists has Trump jailed? How many did Obama jail? Do you really want to play that Hitler game?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Mattis Says NBC Report On Trump Is ‘Absolutely False’

Message 45 of 79

"President Trump is still President and he is winning the narative"

Yes he's still President but he isn't winning any narrative. That's happening only among Trump Cult members, the rest of the country is dealing with the reality of a failing Presidency. By the way, has anyone seen any Republican Senators disagree with the comments from Senator Corker? I don't think so.

Message 46 of 79

rk9152 wrote:

????????

Well, Mathis is under Trump's watchful eye and Trump can't identify the three , independent, whistleblowers who reported Trump wanting to increase the number of U.S. Nukes 10 fold (and Tillerson's "Moron" comment).  

I guess if you look at three independent and free sources against one guy trying to save is job, I will go with the three independent and untouchable resources every time. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 79

Richva wrote:

The one guy (Mattis) in Trump's crosshairs says he did not do it. The three whistleblowers Trump can't identify say he did. 

I know where my money is. 

How do you know three whistler blowers said that? You only have the NBC report. On the other hand Mattis came out publicly (not via leaking). 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 79

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Secretary of Defense James Mattis discredited a questionable NBC report Wednesday that claimed President Donald Trump demanded a tenfold increase in the size of the nuclear arsenal.

“Recent reports that the President called for an increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal are absolutely false,” Mattis said in a statement. “This kind of erroneous reporting is irresponsible.”

The NBC report suggested that Trump’s surprising request caused Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to call the president a “moron,” part of another report which both the secretary of state and the president have criticized for inaccuracies.

Trump rejected Wednesday’s report as fake news, calling NBC out on Twitter and putting them on the same level as CNN, which the president has repeatedly attacked for its false reporting.

Trump called NBC’s style of reporting and journalism “disgusting” when speaking to reporters Wednesday.

“It is frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write,” he said, adding that a number of outlets are writing stories based on sources that simply do not exist.

Trump explained that, while he expects the U.S. to maintain top-notch nuclear capabilities, he believes that a substantial tenfold increase in the size of the nuclear arsenal would be excessive and unnecessary.

BY Ryan Pickrell

"President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest-ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room."

Trump Wanted Tenfold Increase in Nuclear Arsenal, Surprising Military

So, Jim's source for the OP article is saying that "3 of trump's highest-ranking national security leaders" lied about what trump said.  Wouldn't surprise me that his administration lies....wouldn't be the first time now, would it?

So, that is based on the assumption that NBC told the truth. How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

NBC has credibility, trump does not.  Wouldn't be the first time someone in his administration lied to cover for his idiocy.

And Mattis? Is he now a liar (your favorite word)?  You can decide for yourself.....

Those who are honest rarely ever hear that word.  Not surprisingly, you think it's others favorite word.  

????????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 79

Centristsin2010 wrote:

What do you think of Jim plagiarizing someone else's work?  Rather common for Conservatives, isn't it?  Melania, Cotton, Crowley, etc.
I have several thoughts:
1) I clicked on the red stuff and went right to the NBC page. That sorta attributes I would think;
2) If there is some sort of a violation involved I would thing that would be the responsibility of the AARP Monitors, not a self-appointed one;
3) So waddaya think - is NBC lying or is Mattis?

Message 50 of 79

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010, perhaps in all the hast to insult someone you missed the last paragraph and the name of the author.  Was someone insulted?

Trump explained that, while he expects the U.S. to maintain top-notch nuclear capabilities, he believes that a substantial tenfold increase in the size of the nuclear arsenal would be excessive and unnecessary.

BY Ryan Pickrell

btw, President Trump is still President and he is winning the narative (sic) regardless of the desires of the dishonest media.  I LOVE IT!!  I'm so happy to hear you "love it". 

And who is President this morning?  That would be President Trump, and yes I love it.  Cool.  I'll send you some lotion and a Cosmopolitan magazine.  And of course you love it; fascists love fascists.

Moving the agenda forward, one day at a time.  It makes the left crazy...  Actually, it makes any intelligent person vomit.  One day at a time.  Thank God....it's all anybody can take.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.06.54 AM.png

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/10/11/democratic-strategist-trump-is-on-the-road-to-ree...

He won't even win his party's nomination......

btw, your message of "HATE anything Trump" is resonating with the American people.  Sane people will rule the day.  Keep it up!  I intend to, but thanks for your permission.

LOL!!  LMAO!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.