Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Mattis Says NBC Report On Trump Is ‘Absolutely False’

Message 31 of 79 (89 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

How many journalists has Trump jailed? How many did Obama jail? Do you really want to play that Hitler game?

Same old story with Trump.  Lots of wind and bluster with nothing accomplished.  He is railing at reporters who reported things he did not like where Obama quietly jailed reporters who released classified materials.  

Trump really is a moron, isn't he?

You seemed to have skipped the part where one reads the post they are responding to. Again, how many journalists has Trump jailed and how many did Obama jail? That was based on one of those silly "Hitler" posts.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 79 (124 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Secretary of Defense James Mattis discredited a questionable NBC report Wednesday that claimed President Donald Trump demanded a tenfold increase in the size of the nuclear arsenal.

“Recent reports that the President called for an increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal are absolutely false,” Mattis said in a statement. “This kind of erroneous reporting is irresponsible.”

The NBC report suggested that Trump’s surprising request caused Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to call the president a “moron,” part of another report which both the secretary of state and the president have criticized for inaccuracies.

Trump rejected Wednesday’s report as fake news, calling NBC out on Twitter and putting them on the same level as CNN, which the president has repeatedly attacked for its false reporting.

Trump called NBC’s style of reporting and journalism “disgusting” when speaking to reporters Wednesday.

“It is frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write,” he said, adding that a number of outlets are writing stories based on sources that simply do not exist.

Trump explained that, while he expects the U.S. to maintain top-notch nuclear capabilities, he believes that a substantial tenfold increase in the size of the nuclear arsenal would be excessive and unnecessary.

BY Ryan Pickrell

"President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest-ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room."

Trump Wanted Tenfold Increase in Nuclear Arsenal, Surprising Military

So, Jim's source for the OP article is saying that "3 of trump's highest-ranking national security leaders" lied about what trump said.  Wouldn't surprise me that his administration lies....wouldn't be the first time now, would it?

So, that is based on the assumption that NBC told the truth. How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

NBC has credibility, trump does not.  Wouldn't be the first time someone in his administration lied to cover for his idiocy.

And Mattis? Is he now a liar (your favorite word)?  You can decide for yourself.....

Those who are honest rarely ever hear that word.  Not surprisingly, you think it's others favorite word.  

????????

How can I decide for myself if you think Mattis is a liar?  You can decide for yourself.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 79 (124 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

What do you think of Jim plagiarizing someone else's work?  Rather common for Conservatives, isn't it?  Melania, Cotton, Crowley, etc.
I have several thoughts:
1) I clicked on the red stuff and went right to the NBC page. That sorta attributes I would think;  I'd recommend "Red Stuff for Dummies" as "the red stuff" are links to different pages and don't include the source of the article posted. But again you are lying...."The Hill" isn't the "NBC Page".  It's hilarious when you highlight your own lies.
2) If there is some sort of a violation involved I would thing that would be the responsibility of the AARP Monitors, not a self-appointed one;  Well, there lies the problem.....you "thing".
3) So waddaya think - is NBC lying or is Mattis?  I'm betting on Mattis.  Thanks for asking.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 79 (121 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

In my lifetime, I've never seen a President of the United States describe the free press as "An Enemy of the People". 

In my lifetime, I've never seen a President try to censor a TV network because he doesn't like what they say about him. 

And yes, Steve Bannon and his cohorts are doing exactly what Joseph Goebbels did as Minister of Propaganda during the Hitler regime in Germany. 

Hitler:   Make Germany Great Again

Trump: Make America Great Again

Hitler: Blame Jews

Trump: Blame Muslims

Trump hired White Nationalists to work in the White House. I never imagined anything like this would happen in America. Nazis are White Nationalists. Trump Cult Members are in denial.

Americans were repulsed by the demonstration of Nazis and the KKK in Charlottesville

But Trump and his minions weren't the least bit upset

You've explained it very well. They said they will destroy us from within without a shot being fired. Without due diligence this could easily happen. It seems to be working with a small part of our society.The Alt-Right white supremacists seem to have gained a foothold in the Republican Party. The Republicans need to wake up and cleanse their Party of them.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 79 (122 Views)

Just to be clear......THREE whistleblowers independently confirmed the "Moron" statement and the "increase our nukes 10 fold" statement.  O arne administration talking head is denying it under intense scrutiny from Trump. 

Logic says the NBC article is correct. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 79 (127 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Jim, shouldn't you credit the Daily Caller for this article or are you claiming it as yours?

Does that mean that you believe NBC lied or that you think NBC didn't lie or don't know or care - just interested in busting a fellow poster's chops?

So do you really think that the 'Daily Caller' is a reliable source? The Alt-Right certainly does !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 79 (116 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

Wow, three people say Trump made the comment. Seems......interesting. 

Three officials who were in the room during the meeting told NBC News that the president's comments came after he viewed a briefing slide charting the reduction of the nation's nuclear weapons since the late 1960s.

You are assuming that NBC told the truth and Mattis lied - why?

They both told the truth as they were covering different parts. Trump never presented a policy request to increase the number as he knows nothing about them. That's why the session. During his schooling he learned we had a lot more years ago and said that was great we should look at that. He was being his usual 10 year old child self. That is what NBC reported and what the Sec. of State called him names about. Now people who understand the subject new that, but the people who are under the control of the Russian Bots are like Trump and do not understand any of this. They just follow orders from the masters. The Sec. of defence covered a formal policy request which was never made by our child President.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 79 (117 Views)

That's quite an imagination you guys have on the left...LOL!!

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 79 (122 Views)

So somebody asked Mathis if Der Trumper called for (ordered) a 10-fold (1000%) increase in our Nuclear Weapons stockpile, and Mathis says it's not true.

Not a problem, NBC never reported that - what they said was Der Trumper WANTED a large increase in our nukes, so Mathis answered a fake question (from a Fox reporter perhaps?) to disguise Der Trumpers latest version of re-militarizing the Rhineland, and the Trumpettes have ANOTHER "bright-shinny" to distract them from the disaster that is tRump.

Wingers really need to do a little research BEFORE they defend Lemontop - they're constantly looking foolish by trying to denfend a fool who won't give anyone a straight story.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 79 (119 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Jim, shouldn't you credit the Daily Caller for this article or are you claiming it as yours?

Does that mean that you believe NBC lied or that you think NBC didn't lie or don't know or care - just interested in busting a fellow poster's chops?

It means what the poster asked ..... and not your contrived interpretations.