AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Mattis Says NBC Report On Trump Is ‘Absolutely False’

Message 21 of 79

Olderscout66 wrote:

Here's the actual NBC article:

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest-ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

According to the officials present, Trump’s advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised. Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the buildup. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned.

The Reuters article said nothing about NBC being mistaken, and NBC never said Der Trumper "called for" (ordered) an increase in our Nuke supply.

So the SECDEF is correct, Der Trumper did not ORDER such an increase, but seems he thought it sounded like a good idea, doesn't it? It was after this briefing Tillerson observed POTUS was a moron, which he is for wanting to undo decades of progress in nuclear disarmament because Kim called him a dotard, which he also is.

Nice try wingers, but your attempts to discredit actual News is failing miserably everywhere outside the Republibubble.

If NBC didn't say it - what is the flap??

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 79

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

????????

How can I decide for myself if you think Mattis is a liar?  You can decide for yourself.

Just to clarify - you want me to decide if you think Mattis is a liar. Do I have that right?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 79

Centristsin2010 wrote:

I have several thoughts:
1) I clicked on the red stuff and went right to the NBC page. That sorta attributes I would think;  I'd recommend "Red Stuff for Dummies" as "the red stuff" are links to different pages and don't include the source of the article posted. But again you are lying...."The Hill" isn't the "NBC Page".  It's hilarious when you highlight your own lies.You don't like the NBC attribution?
2) If there is some sort of a violation involved I would thing that would be the responsibility of the AARP Monitors, not a self-appointed one;  Well, there lies the problem.....you "thing". "You thing"????
3) So waddaya think - is NBC lying or is Mattis?  I'm betting on Mattis.  Thanks for asking. Any particular reason since we don't know who the "unnamed sources" you prefer to believe are?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 79

ChasKy53 wrote:

You've explained it very well. They said they will destroy us from within without a shot being fired. Without due diligence this could easily happen. It seems to be working with a small part of our society.The Alt-Right white supremacists seem to have gained a foothold in the Republican Party. The Republicans need to wake up and cleanse their Party of them.

Yes, chas, "they" did say that. "They" are quoted below.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/111856-ussrkhrushchev-we-take-america-without-firing-ann-dickerson

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 79

Richva wrote:

Just to be clear......THREE whistleblowers independently confirmed the "Moron" statement and the "increase our nukes 10 fold" statement.  O arne administration talking head is denying it under intense scrutiny from Trump. 

Logic says the NBC article is correct. 

Who are they?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 79

Here's the actual NBC article:

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest-ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

According to the officials present, Trump’s advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised. Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the buildup. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned.

The Reuters article said nothing about NBC being mistaken, and NBC never said Der Trumper "called for" (ordered) an increase in our Nuke supply.

So the SECDEF is correct, Der Trumper did not ORDER such an increase, but seems he thought it sounded like a good idea, doesn't it? It was after this briefing Tillerson observed POTUS was a moron, which he is for wanting to undo decades of progress in nuclear disarmament because Kim called him a dotard, which he also is.

Nice try wingers, but your attempts to discredit actual News is failing miserably everywhere outside the Republibubble.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 79

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Jim, shouldn't you credit the Daily Caller for this article or are you claiming it as yours?

Does that mean that you believe NBC lied or that you think NBC didn't lie or don't know or care - just interested in busting a fellow poster's chops?

So do you really think that the 'Daily Caller' is a reliable source? The Alt-Right certainly does !

Sorry I couldn't com up with any thing from thinkprogress  or daily kos but how about:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-nuclear-mattis/mattis-slams-false-reports-on-trump-requ...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 79

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

Wow, three people say Trump made the comment. Seems......interesting. 

Three officials who were in the room during the meeting told NBC News that the president's comments came after he viewed a briefing slide charting the reduction of the nation's nuclear weapons since the late 1960s.

You are assuming that NBC told the truth and Mattis lied - why?

They both told the truth as they were covering different parts. Trump never presented a policy request to increase the number as he knows nothing about them. That's why the session. During his schooling he learned we had a lot more years ago and said that was great we should look at that. He was being his usual 10 year old child self. That is what NBC reported and what the Sec. of State called him names about. Now people who understand the subject new that, but the people who are under the control of the Russian Bots are like Trump and do not understand any of this. They just follow orders from the masters. The Sec. of defence covered a formal policy request which was never made by our child President.

What have Russian Bots to do with NBC - did they plant the story?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 79

Olderscout66 wrote:

So somebody asked Mathis if Der Trumper called for (ordered) a 10-fold (1000%) increase in our Nuclear Weapons stockpile, and Mathis says it's not true.

Not a problem, NBC never reported that - what they said was Der Trumper WANTED a large increase in our nukes, so Mathis answered a fake question (from a Fox reporter perhaps?) to disguise Der Trumpers latest version of re-militarizing the Rhineland, and the Trumpettes have ANOTHER "bright-shinny" to distract them from the disaster that is tRump.

Wingers really need to do a little research BEFORE they defend Lemontop - they're constantly looking foolish by trying to denfend a fool who won't give anyone a straight story.

I know who Mattis is and I know what he said. Who are they unnamed sources and exactly what are their quotes?

Does Fox now own Reuters?\

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-nuclear-mattis/mattis-slams-false-reports-on-trump-requ...

Now, about looking foolish.....................

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 79

CriticalThinking wrote:

In my lifetime, I've never seen a President of the United States describe the free press as "An Enemy of the People". 

When the press gives the people biased slant on the days event. "enemy of the people" does seem appropriate. If you don't think so, please say why rather than just constantly posting the bumpersticker.

In my lifetime, I've never seen a President try to censor a TV network because he doesn't like what they say about him. 

Has he actually tried? Sounds like a bit of hyperbole on your part.

And yes, Steve Bannon and his cohorts are doing exactly what Joseph Goebbels did as Minister of Propaganda during the Hitler regime in Germany. 

And what was that?

Hitler:   Make Germany Great Again

Trump: Make America Great Again

Every American President but one has put America first. Do you see that as a "bad thing"?

Hitler: Blame Jews

Trump: Blame Muslims

Blame the Muslims for what? A part of the Muslim world has declared war on us. 

Trump hired White Nationalists to work in the White House. I never imagined anything like this would happen in America. Nazis are White Nationalists. Trump Cult Members are in denial.

Sadly, anyone not marching around with their fist in the air screaming "Black Power" or "Kill the cops" is a White Nationalist to the radical left. Or maybe they really don't believe that but use it as a tool in their "revolution". The old "divide and conquer" game.

Americans were repulsed by the demonstration of Nazis and the KKK in Charlottesville

Yes they were. And they were repulsed by the masked, armed soldier of antifa. And they were repulsed by the way the Democrat officials allowed things to get out of hand so as to get their political photo-ops.

But Trump and his minions weren't the least bit upset

I found the entire fiasco to be upsetting. Do I qualify as a "minion"?