Message 1 of 79 (34 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

????????

How can I decide for myself if you think Mattis is a liar?  You can decide for yourself.

Just to clarify - you want me to decide if you think Mattis is a liar. Do I have that right?

Naw, you rarely get much "right".  No one called him a liar...doesn't mean he's telling the truth though. I'm willing to bet that confuses some fools.

If he is not lying and he is not telling the truth - is he simply ignorant of the facts that the "unnamed sources" are familiar with? Who said he wasn't lying? That is where I am trying to get clarity - do you think he is lying" Without knowing who the "unnamed sources" are, how can such an assessment be made? The who is not relevant. Highly relevant. Without knowing who they are or if they even exist it is impossible to determine their credibility.

As to "fools" - only a fool (or one only concerned with their biases) would accept such a position.  Well, I see you're confused. You betcha. Your double-talk has that effect on rational people.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Mattis Says NBC Report On Trump Is ‘Absolutely False’

Message 2 of 79 (40 Views)

The left here seem to believe they possess the gift of "MIND READING"...

Thank GOD we have the gift of "DISCERNMENT"!!!

VIMTSTL
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 79 (48 Views)

Did trump say what he was reported to have said?  It's likely....it sounds like something he would say.  Would those in the room set him straight?  It's likely.....   Is it likely Mattis defended his boss?  It's likely....

Not sure what the fuss is all about....trump wasn't the brighest guy in the room, likely said something ignorant as we all do at times, and was likely corrected by those with more understanding.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 79 (55 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

????????

How can I decide for myself if you think Mattis is a liar?  You can decide for yourself.

Just to clarify - you want me to decide if you think Mattis is a liar. Do I have that right?

Naw, you rarely get much "right".  No one called him a liar...doesn't mean he's telling the truth though. I'm willing to bet that confuses some fools.

If he is not lying and he is not telling the truth - is he simply ignorant of the facts that the "unnamed sources" are familiar with? Who said he wasn't lying? Without knowing who the "unnamed sources" are, how can such an assessment be made? The who is not relevant.

As to "fools" - only a fool (or one only concerned with their biases) would accept such a position.  Well, I see you're confused.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 79 (57 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I never claimed that "Americans said it", quote me saying that, or it is yet another false claim that you so often make about other posters.

Trying to write off the KKK and the Alt-Right having influence in the White house and the Republican Party as "balance" is another thing the Alt-Right would do. Using an erroneous term such as "Black Nationalists" is also what the Alt Right would do. 

Well, somebody must have said it or we wouldn't be talking about it. But then you do like the "quote" game don't you?

Seeing a balance in our nation is not something that reasonable people do. and "Black Nationalists" is a valid term. What is your problem with it?

If you really didn't know who said it, here ya' go comrade:

http://www.azquotes.com/author/7985-Nikita_Khrushchev

‎10-12-2017 01:10 PM

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 79 (70 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I never claimed that "Americans said it", quote me saying that, or it is yet another false claim that you so often make about other posters.

Trying to write off the KKK and the Alt-Right having influence in the White house and the Republican Party as "balance" is another thing the Alt-Right would do. Using an erroneous term such as "Black Nationalists" is also what the Alt Right would do. 

Well, somebody must have said it or we wouldn't be talking about it. But then you do like the "quote" game don't you?

Seeing a balance in our nation is not something that reasonable people do. and "Black Nationalists" is a valid term. What is your problem with it?

If you really didn't know who said it, here ya' go comrade:

http://www.azquotes.com/author/7985-Nikita_Khrushchev

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 79 (74 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

What's wrong with the term "Black Nationalist"? The way the far Right uses it for one thing - somehow implying Black protesters seek a racist Government when that is the current objective of the GOP, only GOPers seek total power for a different race.

I have no problem with Black Nationalists. Just pointing out that they are the other side of the coin from White Nationalists.

Fortunately each is a very small group having no effect on our Nation - GOPers or DEMers.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 79 (111 Views)

What's wrong with the term "Black Nationalist"? The way the far Right uses it for one thing - somehow implying Black protesters seek a racist Government when that is the current objective of the GOP, only GOPers seek total power for a different race.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 79 (115 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Well, Khrushchev said it but you said Americans said it - I had not heard that. All I heard was nonsense about all those Kluxers and Nazis running around DC.

And, a posted elsewhere, the people you are concerned about have as much influence on the Reps as the Black Nationalists have on the Dems. Think of it as a balance and move on to bigger things.

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Well, Khrushchev said it but you said Americans said it - I had not heard that. All I heard was nonsense about all those Kluxers and Nazis running around DC.

And, a posted elsewhere, the people you are concerned about have as much influence on the Reps as the Black Nationalists have on the Dems. Think of it as a balance and move on to bigger things.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 79 (138 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

Wow, three people say Trump made the comment. Seems......interesting. 

Three officials who were in the room during the meeting told NBC News that the president's comments came after he viewed a briefing slide charting the reduction of the nation's nuclear weapons since the late 1960s.

You are assuming that NBC told the truth and Mattis lied - why?

They both told the truth as they were covering different parts. Trump never presented a policy request to increase the number as he knows nothing about them. That's why the session. During his schooling he learned we had a lot more years ago and said that was great we should look at that. He was being his usual 10 year old child self. That is what NBC reported and what the Sec. of State called him names about. Now people who understand the subject new that, but the people who are under the control of the Russian Bots are like Trump and do not understand any of this. They just follow orders from the masters. The Sec. of defence covered a formal policy request which was never made by our child President.

What have Russian Bots to do with NBC - did they plant the story?

Yes

Well, if the story was planted by Russian Bots, that would seem to indicate it is not true ("fake news") and NBC is a willing tool of the Russian Bots.

An interesting perspective.

Not a clue do you have.