The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 12,554
Registered: ‎02-28-2008

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 11 of 63 (241 Views)

Man Made Global Climate Change did not create the hurricanes but made them worse. 

 

 

But the consensus among scientists is that the effects of climate change, such as rising sea levels and warmer oceans, made those storms far more destructive than they would have been in previous decades.
"The short version is, climate change makes these very bad storms worse," said Sean Sublette, a meteorologist with Climate Central, a nonprofit group that studies climate change. "It's not the approximate cause of the storm, but it makes these bad storms worse. And in the case of a really bad storm, climate change can make it totally disastrous or catastrophic."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/us/climate-change-hurricanes-harvey-and-irma/index.html

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,997
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 12 of 63 (241 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

"Actually", I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Wrong again! ....

Your use of accusatory insults such as "pathetic" and "lemming" clearly suggest otherwise.

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

Using facts instead of wishful thinking.

Nope .... insults. Go back to your posts. They're all there for all to see!

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

You don't even realize I concur with your statement BUT there are conversion costs. When the cost of conversion plus the cost of operating is less than operating with coal, that conversion will take place.  I think you having extreme difficulty with reasoning.

Actually, you initially argued that coal was cheaper than natural gas. After I pointed out that you were wrong, you changed your argument.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!

If one were to decide if it was cheaper to build a brand new generating facility, coal would not be chosen.  The 30% coal power that we have is installed ALREADY.  Do you understand yet?

Yup ..... But you do not understand the urgency to replace that coal with natural gas.


 


BTW, it would be a lot less infantile

Another insult!

 

if you just posted a paragraph summarizing your thoughts instead of parsing each three words and responding in a different color.

If you go back to your posts, you will see that it was actually YOU who "responded in different colors" ..... black, red and green!

I consistently posted in one color ..... blue.

 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 11,063
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 13 of 63 (237 Views)

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

"Actually", I just pointed out where you were wrong.

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

Using facts instead of wishful thinking.

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

You don't even realize I concur with your statement BUT there are conversion costs. When the cost of conversion plus the cost of operating is less than operating with coal, that conversion will take place.  I think you having extreme difficulty with reasoning.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!

If one were to decide if it was cheaper to build a brand new generating facility, coal would not be chosen.  The 30% coal power that we have is installed ALREADY.  Do you understand yet?


 


BTW, it would be a lot less infantile if you just posted a paragraph summarizing your thoughts instead of parsing each three words and responding in a different color.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,997
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

[ Edited ]
Message 14 of 63 (225 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 11,063
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 15 of 63 (246 Views)

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

They have done that quite admirably themselves.

If you believe that, then why do you continue to disparage the left anyway?

A massive contradiction NOTHAPPENING!!!

Not so myexper.

Even MORE SO as you continue to contradict yourself in each sucessive posting!

Your post is so pathetic since everyone knows when a fuel is cheaper, they will use it.  You seem to be the only one that doesn't know this.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all.  I'm disputing them.  Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone.  You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,997
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 63 (242 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

They have done that quite admirably themselves.

If you believe that, then why do you continue to disparage the left anyway?

A massive contradiction NOTHAPPENING!!!

Not so myexper.

Even MORE SO as you continue to contradict yourself in each sucessive posting!

Your post is so pathetic since everyone knows when a fuel is cheaper, they will use it.  You seem to be the only one that doesn't know this.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 11,063
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 17 of 63 (240 Views)

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


It's obvious that you didn't understand my post. 

I do understand it. You are looking for a means to disparage the left.

You don't understand which is why you told everyone the electric industry uses 30% coal.  They use coal because it is the cheaper fuel for some utilities.  The left disparages itself.  I don't need to do it for you.

It's not cheaper. The regulations on burning coal add to its cost. Utilities using coal will phase it out as soon as they are able to switch to natural gas or other means.

It's cheaper for those utilities that use coal.  That's why you still have 30% coal.  They will phase it out when another fuel is cheaper - not because you or the left say so.

Nope .... Natural gas is already cheaper!

Not for the 30% who are still using coal.  I guess you don't understand how businesses work.

No, you don't understand that it takes time and investment to switch fron coal.

I understand and the companies understand.  It is you that doesn't understand.  They won't convert to another fuel until it is cheaper.

 

 

I said utilities use the "mix" of power that is cheapest based on installation costs, operating costs, and maintenance costs. 

Which is why they have been and will continue to eliminate coal.

Yes they will if it is cheaper for them in the long run or NOT if it is cheaper to keep coal.

No ..... they will eliminate coal as soon as able to switch to natural gas.

They will eliminate coal as soon as another fuel is cheaper.  If natural gas is cheaper including the conversion costs, then they will convert.  Not because you or the left say so.

Nope ...... Natural gas is already cheaper!

So why do the 30% still use coal?

Again, it takes time and investment to switch from coal.

It takes time and MONEY.  When the cost of conversion and operating from another fuel is cheaper, that will be the time they convert.  Not because you and the radical left want it.

 

 

That's why they all don't have one type of generation.  Understand how they make their decisions yet? 

Yup ..... Do you understand the health risks of burning coal yet?

Yes and that's why they use electrostatic precipitators on coal plants to minimize that risk.

And that adds cost to the burning of coal ..... and STILL does not eliminate its health hazards and climate changing emissions.

Precipitators DO add to the cost of burning coal and they are using it despite that because it is still cheaper for the 30% to use coal.  They won't convert because you don't like coal.

Never said that. They'll convert as soon as able as natural gas is already cheaper!

If natural gas was cheaper, they would convert immediately.  They don't follow your whims.

Never said they did. And they all can't convert immediately as already explained.

They all would convert mmediately if cheaper.  Since it's NOT cheaper, they are still generating with 30% coal!

 

 

They don't walk in lockstep with the left lemmings.

And with that comment, you've just further proved my understanding (the real intent) of your post.

I see you're starting to catch on.

No ..... I always knew that you were never serious about  the topic and only used it as yet another opportunity to disparage the left!

As I said before, I don't need to disparage the left. 

Yet you do so anyway!

I don't need to since the left does it well without help.

Yet you do so anyway ..... again contradicting yourself!

I'm stating a truism.

 

They have done that quite admirably themselves.

If you believe that, then why do you continue to disparage the left anyway?

A massive contradiction NOTHAPPENING!!!

Not so myexper.

Even MORE SO as you continue to contradict yourself in each sucessive posting!

Your post is so pathetic since everyone knows when a fuel is cheaper, they will use it.  You seem to be the only one that doesn't know this.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 11,063
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 18 of 63 (237 Views)

Richva wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Are you in charge of evaluating the left wing studies (surveys by "Climatologists" who depend on this drivel for their livelihood) and then mandating rules for everyone?  I didn't think so.


Naw. I was looking at the peer reviewed studies by scientists who depend upon their reputations for solid science in order to receive promotions and funding. The ones who's careers would be destroyed if they were caught attempting to falsify their findings. 


Those "scientists" wouldn't have jobs unless they were hawking this "bogus science".  Solid science doesn't exist that accurately predicts the temperature of the globe hundreds of years from now.  In fact they sometimes have extreme difficulty predicting the path of a hurricane, the weather tomorrow, or even a week in advance. Everyone knows that man is contributing to CO2 and warming but not the extent of the warming.  I guess you have forgotten when those brilliant climatologists were predicting cooling a while back.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,997
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 63 (274 Views)

Post removed by poster.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 12,554
Registered: ‎02-28-2008

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 20 of 63 (259 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Are you in charge of evaluating the left wing studies (surveys by "Climatologists" who depend on this drivel for their livelihood) and then mandating rules for everyone?  I didn't think so.


Naw. I was looking at the peer reviewed studies by scientists who depend upon their reputations for solid science in order to receive promotions and funding. The ones who's careers would be destroyed if they were caught attempting to falsify their findings.