Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,732
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 63 (146 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

Back to the topic .....

This is a new approach

Not really ...... though for you perhaps.

 

 

I recently viewed

Very good.

Indeed .... try it instead of looking the other way to evade known facts!

 

an excellent documentary

Of course it was.

I'm glad you agree!

 

 

on the History Channel

Good channel usually

Usually? ..... Well It probably is tough when they present facts that negate what you want to believe!

 

 

that should alarm

Why get people upset since you are?

Because rapid climate change is putting our lives and that of our children, grand children and all future generations at severe risk!

 

 

all people

Whenever it says "all people" you know it's not true.

That's why I stated "all people who recognize facts".

You left out that qualifier in your disingenuous truncation!

 

who recognize facts

The left thinks that only they are capable of recognizing facts.

Because the right habitually ignores and denies facts!

 

 

and scientific data.

Is the left able to comprehend scientific data?

Yes ..... while the right ignores any data which does not support what they'd like to believe!

 

 

The documentary is titled "Two Degrees:

Better title would be first degree.

Nope ..... we're already past the one degree of climate change ..... and you would know that if you were aware of scientific data and facts!

 

 

The Point of No Return".

Point of no return sounds like the writer was trying to get more people in the Climate Change boat.

Nope .... It's an enormously serious event that should not be minimized ....... especially by someone who apparently never saw the documentary and thus has no idea what it represents!

 

 

It's fun reading like this, isn't it?

It was fun addressing and correcting all the misinformation and unsubstantiated claims!

 

 

 

 


 


 

Trusted Social Butterfly
Posts: 2,911
Registered: ‎03-06-2012

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 63 (158 Views)

Richva wrote:

So, if I look at the posts and the links, I think we can all agree that man made global climate change is making the hurricanes worse and more frequent. 


Tropical storms not intensifying

 

The potential intensity of tropical cyclones has not increased in recent decades, contrary to expectations in a warming world.

 

James Kossin of the US National Climatic Data Center in North Carolina assessed past storm intensity by analysing 30 years of cloud-top temperature data from satellite imagery of tropical cyclones. This removed uncertainties found in other atmospheric analysis techniques. He did not find an increase worldwide in the average potential intensity of storms, even though a warmer climate is thought to support stronger cyclones.

 

The lack of a trend is largely due to the poleward migration of tropical cyclones into climates that are less able to fuel intense storms than the tropics, Kossin says.

 

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v515/n7526/full/515167a.html?foxtrotcallback=true

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,825
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 3 of 63 (176 Views)

myexper wrote:

Back to the topic .....

This is a new approach.

 

I recently viewed

Very good.

an excellent documentary

Of course it was.

on the History Channel

Good channel usually

that should alarm

Why get people upset since you are?

all people

Whenever it says "all people" you know it's not true.

who recognize facts

The left thinks that only they are capable of recognizing facts.

and scientific data.

Is the left able to comprehend scientific data?

 

The documentary is titled "Two Degrees:

Better title would be first degree.

The Point of No Return".

Point of no return sounds like the writer was trying to get more people in the Climate Change boat.

 

It's fun reading like this, isn't it?

 

 

 

 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,732
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 4 of 63 (184 Views)

Back to the topic .....

 

I recently viewed an excellent documentary on the History Channel that should alarm all people who recognize facts and scientific data.

 

The documentary is titled "Two Degrees: The Point of No Return".

 

 

 

 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,732
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 63 (187 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

"Actually", I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Wrong again! ....

Your use of accusatory insults such as "pathetic" and "lemming" clearly suggest otherwise.

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

Using facts instead of wishful thinking.

Nope .... insults. Go back to your posts. They're all there for all to see!

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

You don't even realize I concur with your statement BUT there are conversion costs. When the cost of conversion plus the cost of operating is less than operating with coal, that conversion will take place.  I think you having extreme difficulty with reasoning.

Actually, you initially argued that coal was cheaper than natural gas. After I pointed out that you were wrong, you changed your argument.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!

If one were to decide if it was cheaper to build a brand new generating facility, coal would not be chosen.  The 30% coal power that we have is installed ALREADY.  Do you understand yet?

Yup ..... But you do not understand the urgency to replace that coal with natural gas.


 


BTW, it would be a lot less infantile

Another insult!

 

if you just posted a paragraph summarizing your thoughts instead of parsing each three words and responding in a different color.

If you go back to your posts, you will see that it was actually YOU who "responded in different colors" ..... black, red and green!

I consistently posted in one color ..... blue.

 


 


You are the one who insists on making this forum unreadable by analyzing every three words and posting your thought on each phrase. 

Far more than "every three words" as you fallaciously accuse!

 

 

Try to make your thoughts more concise by NOT parsing every few words and asking questions that are meaningless.

My thoughts are quite concise, pointing out errors and omissions as exemplified in the analysis of your posts.

Apparently, having those errors and omissions exposed is the root for your unwarranted criticism of my posting method.


 


Your posting "method" is infantile at best

Another insult!

 

 

and makes the post unreadable by others

Doubtful as you responded to it.

 

 

instead of just posting your OPINION.

No .... I choose to respond with facts, not opinion.

 

 

Your OPINION is just that - your OPINION and mine is just my OPINION. 

No .... I responded with facts. You responded with denial of facts.

 

Your opinion isn't right because you disagree with my every three words.

Naw .... I'd say pretty much EVERY WORD!

And once again ..... with facts ..... not opinion.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,825
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 6 of 63 (203 Views)

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

"Actually", I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Wrong again! ....

Your use of accusatory insults such as "pathetic" and "lemming" clearly suggest otherwise.

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

Using facts instead of wishful thinking.

Nope .... insults. Go back to your posts. They're all there for all to see!

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

You don't even realize I concur with your statement BUT there are conversion costs. When the cost of conversion plus the cost of operating is less than operating with coal, that conversion will take place.  I think you having extreme difficulty with reasoning.

Actually, you initially argued that coal was cheaper than natural gas. After I pointed out that you were wrong, you changed your argument.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!

If one were to decide if it was cheaper to build a brand new generating facility, coal would not be chosen.  The 30% coal power that we have is installed ALREADY.  Do you understand yet?

Yup ..... But you do not understand the urgency to replace that coal with natural gas.


 


BTW, it would be a lot less infantile

Another insult!

 

if you just posted a paragraph summarizing your thoughts instead of parsing each three words and responding in a different color.

If you go back to your posts, you will see that it was actually YOU who "responded in different colors" ..... black, red and green!

I consistently posted in one color ..... blue.

 


 


You are the one who insists on making this forum unreadable by analyzing every three words and posting your thought on each phrase. 

Far more than "every three words" as you fallaciously accuse!

 

 

Try to make your thoughts more concise by NOT parsing every few words and asking questions that are meaningless.

My thoughts are quite concise, pointing out errors and omissions as exemplified in the analysis of your posts.

Apparently, having those errors and omissions exposed is the root for your unwarranted criticism of my posting method.


 


Your posting "method" is infantile at best and makes the post unreadable by others instead of just posting your OPINION.  Your OPINION is just that - your OPINION and mine is just my OPINION.  Your opinion isn't right because you disagree with my every three words.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,248
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 7 of 63 (213 Views)

Anyone up for discussing how climate change has made the hurricanes worse? I like the last posting by Richva:

 

But the consensus among scientists is that the effects of climate change, such as rising sea levels and warmer oceans, made those storms far more destructive than they would have been in previous decades.
"The short version is, climate change makes these very bad storms worse," said Sean Sublette, a meteorologist with Climate Central, a nonprofit group that studies climate change. "It's not the approximate cause of the storm, but it makes these bad storms worse. And in the case of a really bad storm, climate change can make it totally disastrous or catastrophic."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/us/climate-change-hurricanes-harvey-and-irma/index.html

 

Why is it that so often deniers want to read an article like this one and then go on saying "now they claim that climate change is causing the hurricanes"?  Why is it that deniers cannot study this information on their own and see that the conclusions are accurate? Climate Change has increased the severity of the hurricanes.

 

Many on the right see climate change as a mantra of the left and their hatred for the left is so strong that they accept nothing that they believe comes from the left. Sad but true. This also is true sometimes about some of those from the left.  Climate Change and Global Warming are not 'Left', 'Right' issues, they are Science Issues. The vast majority of scientists globally know that the rate/speed of Global Warming and Climate Change increasing is caused by man releasing CO 2 into the atmosphere. The scientific thing to do is to reduce releasing CO 2 as much as we possibly can.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Moderator
Posts: 1,185
Registered: ‎11-03-2015

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 8 of 63 (222 Views)

This thread has gone off topic.

 

Please return to the topic and refer to the guidelines.

http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,732
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 9 of 63 (239 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

"Actually", I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Wrong again! ....

Your use of accusatory insults such as "pathetic" and "lemming" clearly suggest otherwise.

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

Using facts instead of wishful thinking.

Nope .... insults. Go back to your posts. They're all there for all to see!

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

You don't even realize I concur with your statement BUT there are conversion costs. When the cost of conversion plus the cost of operating is less than operating with coal, that conversion will take place.  I think you having extreme difficulty with reasoning.

Actually, you initially argued that coal was cheaper than natural gas. After I pointed out that you were wrong, you changed your argument.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!

If one were to decide if it was cheaper to build a brand new generating facility, coal would not be chosen.  The 30% coal power that we have is installed ALREADY.  Do you understand yet?

Yup ..... But you do not understand the urgency to replace that coal with natural gas.


 


BTW, it would be a lot less infantile

Another insult!

 

if you just posted a paragraph summarizing your thoughts instead of parsing each three words and responding in a different color.

If you go back to your posts, you will see that it was actually YOU who "responded in different colors" ..... black, red and green!

I consistently posted in one color ..... blue.

 


 


You are the one who insists on making this forum unreadable by analyzing every three words and posting your thought on each phrase. 

Far more than "every three words" as you fallaciously accuse!

 

 

Try to make your thoughts more concise by NOT parsing every few words and asking questions that are meaningless.

My thoughts are quite concise, pointing out errors and omissions as exemplified in the analysis of your posts.

Apparently, having those errors and omissions exposed is the root for your unwarranted criticism of my posting method.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,825
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Making Hurricane Season Worse

Message 10 of 63 (262 Views)

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Obtaining natural gas from fracking and shale, as well as the enormous stock pile of natural gas, have already driven the cost of natural gas below that of coal.

Please update yourself and become informed instead of insulting my posts and denying known facts!


I'm not insulting your posts at all. 

Actually, that's "all" you did!

"Actually", I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Wrong again! ....

Your use of accusatory insults such as "pathetic" and "lemming" clearly suggest otherwise.

 

 

I'm disputing them. 

Using insults and misinformation!

Using facts instead of wishful thinking.

Nope .... insults. Go back to your posts. They're all there for all to see!

 

 

Since the utility industry has 30% coal and already has that equipment installed, it will be awhile before that coal is gone. 

Nope ..... the cheaper natural gas provides incentive to switch to it and dump coal ASAP.

You don't even realize I concur with your statement BUT there are conversion costs. When the cost of conversion plus the cost of operating is less than operating with coal, that conversion will take place.  I think you having extreme difficulty with reasoning.

Actually, you initially argued that coal was cheaper than natural gas. After I pointed out that you were wrong, you changed your argument.

 

You may dispute it but you are dead wrong.

I was disputing your misinformed belief that coal was cheaper than natural gas ..... which of course (in your words) is dead wrong!

If one were to decide if it was cheaper to build a brand new generating facility, coal would not be chosen.  The 30% coal power that we have is installed ALREADY.  Do you understand yet?

Yup ..... But you do not understand the urgency to replace that coal with natural gas.


 


BTW, it would be a lot less infantile

Another insult!

 

if you just posted a paragraph summarizing your thoughts instead of parsing each three words and responding in a different color.

If you go back to your posts, you will see that it was actually YOU who "responded in different colors" ..... black, red and green!

I consistently posted in one color ..... blue.

 


 


You are the one who insists on making this forum unreadable by analyzing every three words and posting your thought on each phrase.  Try to make your thoughts more concise by NOT parsing every few words and asking questions that are meaningless.