How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: MEALS ON WHEELS RATTLED

Message 41 of 82 (82 Views)

Here's the truth about Meals on Wheels in Trump's budget

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/18/meal-on-wheels-trump-budget-proposal-cuts/993...

President Trump's first budget proposal to Congress last week specifically identified steep cuts to hundreds of domestic programs, but Meals on Wheels wasn't one of them.

The popular program — which mainly uses volunteer drivers to provide hot meals to older Americans across the country — doesn't directly receive federal funding.

The truth: Trump's budget calls for the elimination of one program that some of the nation's 5,000 Meals on Wheels groups rely on: Community development block grants, a $3 billion program that started in the Ford administration to give states and cities more flexibility in how they combat poverty.

Here's why. The majority of Meals on Wheels programs get most of their federal funding through the Administration for Community Living, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services that serves the elderly and disabled. That agency has a $227 million line-item for "home-delivered nutrition services."

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 82 (77 Views)

It's pathetic to see some Conservatives complain that less than $2.00 of their Federal taxes each year goes to support the sick, the disabled and the elderly.  It speaks volumes about their character, empathy and being an American.  I bet a few of them actually consider themselves "Christians".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 82 (77 Views)

I knew that all of this would become an issue, Finally the Democrats learned a lesoon from Obama's time and all the criticiisms regarding his vacations and how much the tax payers costs etc. Now, we ill also know how much money Trump's vacations are costing the tax payers. I have a feeling that Obama's was cheap in comparison.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 82 (76 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Obviously, using Federal funds for Meals on Wheels, which saves the Federal Government millions of dollars in BOTH Medicare and Medicaid costs makes sense to most with an understanding of business, healthcare and the three programs.
Based on that theory, just imagine how much money the federal government could save if it just controlled all money and took care of all the needs of all the citizens.

Yes, imagine.....

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Obviously, using Federal funds for Meals on Wheels, which saves the Federal Government millions of dollars in BOTH Medicare and Medicaid costs makes sense to most with an understanding of business, healthcare and the three programs.
Based on that theory, just imagine how much money the federal government could save if it just controlled all money and took care of all the needs of all the citizens.

Yes, imagine.....

Does that mean you support the government controlling all money and attending to the needs of all people?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 82 (69 Views)

"Ultimately, you judge the character of a society, not by how they treat the rich and the powerful and the privileged, but by how they treat the poor, the condemned, the incarcerated."

https://www.facebook.com/TED/posts/10155075167340652

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 82 (60 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

OK Kidboy you want to talk about WASTE , how about our Tax payers spending 3 MILLION Dollars every weekend for Trump to entertain at the " South White House " in Florida. At this pace it will end up costing us 600 MILLION Dollars during his term and that's just for Florida , try adding Trump Tower NYC and all of his kids " Business " trips.  All the hypocrites who complained about Obama are Crickets now !!!

I seriously doubt that Meals on Wheels caters those events so they are extraneous to this discussion.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 82 (59 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yes, imagine.....

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 82 (55 Views)

afisher wrote:

Apparently the hater's of Seniors seem to believe as Mulvanely - if you can't see progress, then a program is a failure.    Maybe people should be taking pictures of the corpses as senior are found dead from starvation when this program becomes unfunded by the FED.    What the current idiots in DC are using to would judge "success" "   More seniors die due to starvation, BUT yea success because less money spent on Social Security and Medicare- their metric is $$$$, not people.  

Are these oh-so smart folks going to eliminate education grants for Medical School - because that too has produced only a fixed number of physicians, aka, see no progress.

It is obscene that some here seem to believe that society (charitable giving) in a local area is the solution to a problem - unless of course it negatively affects them.    If a city is too poor so support a MoW program - well then those Seniors deserve to die?   

They use totally bogus charities to support their ignorance.   

Ah, the rhetoric of hate again. When one questions the government funding a private charity that means they hate Seniors. That sorta overlooks the fact that not every Senior is a ward of the State.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 82 (51 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
umbarch64 posted..

[2] It is my opinion and subjective too, for the most part. You repeatedly use that technique to disseminate propaganda. I try to call 'em like I see 'em. I didn't expect you to agree....so what?

============================================

propaganda...no way!

I just posted my opinion with what I have read and experienced..how local government is much more efficient in spending tax payers money than the Federal Government.

Well now they will have the opportunity to show how efficient they are going to have to be, without all the money that are going to have to put into that program alone to actually deal with all that need that need it, and of course their efficiency will be most tested with all the cuts that are being dropped down to the States. so the proof will have to be in the pudding, no excuses this time

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 82 (51 Views)
rk posted..

==========================================================

That is spot on.