AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Looters caught by Local 10 cameras arrested by Fort Lauderdale police

[ Edited ]
Message 11 of 33 (279 Views)

I saw the black looters story first on TV and then images repeated all over the place on Facebook.  It certainly looks like a racially motivated story to me & I blame the local TV station for that bias.  Thankfully when ABC switched back to national coverage of the hurricane disaster, there was no further airing of that footage & they stuck with the more important issues surrounding the disaster.

Why is that story so obviously racially motivated (besides the words and tone of voices of the local newscasters)?  Because not one story, comparably identified with photos of the thieves, was aired or published about the price gougers.  Just faceless numbers of the thousands of complaints.

If there had been comparable coverage, we wouldn't have heard anything else about the disasters.  And a nickel bet with anyone who doubts that the race of the gougers would definitely skew white.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 33 (280 Views)

“There’s a special place in hell for people like that"

And that is precisely the sentiment expressed on the Tucker Carlson show that our resident leftwing racist decided to play the "white guilt" card on and accuse their fellow posters of being racists.

Message 13 of 33 (292 Views)
As Hurricane Irma raged, thieves sledgehammered way into Little River businesses

It looked as if Hurricane Irma’s powerful winds had swirled through the 14 businesses that occupy the Junction Lofts building in Miami’s Little River district. File cabinets were overturned. Pictures were ripped off walls. Papers were strewn about.

Except it wasn’t Irma’s howling winds that tore through the building Sunday night as the storm made its way through South Florida: It was thieves armed with a sledgehammer powerful enough to tear through metal doors that were supposed to keep the building safe from hurricane-force winds.

Stuart Jordan, who owns Edge Orthopedics in the Junction Lofts, said once inside the thieves stole everything they could, then decided to make a mess of it.

“There’s a special place in hell for people like that,” he said.

Joy Fowler works for the building’s landlor Steven Karvellas. She said as soon as it got dark out, the thieves smashed their way into the building at 7151 NE Second Ave., and wiped out each business.

“The tenants are mortified,” she said.

Fowler said Miami police had already seen the damage at 7151 NE Second Ave., and that the tenants were contacting insurance adjustors. She also said the company that owned the building would now hire a security company to protect it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

More looting... Despicable!!

VIMTSTL

Message 14 of 33 (272 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Beware looters, that is my point. 

FYI if you read the original article you will LEARN the race of the looters was in fact not mentioned.

While I appreciate that you point out the fact that race is not mentioned in the article; the article's title is:

LOOTERS CAUGHT BY LOCAL 10 CAMERAS....................

It has a VIDEO attached which shows that EVERY ONE of the looters were of one race.

I find your point being rather than "Beware Looters" to be "Beware Black Looters".

A review of the archives would further reinforce that statement.

As I pointed out earlier, there was no problem finding a white example of a looter.

But that slant would not fit your criteria.

I have no control over "your" mind and how it works or sees the world.

You seem to be obsessed with the need for everything to be about race.  Here is another news flash for you.  Not everyone views the world like you seem to.

So sorry for you...

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 33 (272 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

FYI if you read the original article you will LEARN the race of the looters was in fact not mentioned.

While I appreciate that you point out the fact that race is not mentioned in the article; the article's title is:

It has a VIDEO attached which shows that EVERY ONE of the looters were of one race.

I find your point being rather than "Beware Looters" to be "Beware Black Looters".

As I pointed out earlier, there was no problem finding a white example of a looter.

The poster does not select the race of the looter. The camera does not select the race of the looter. The TV station or newspaper does not select the race of the looter.

If someone want to play "Dueling looter races" - go for it.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 33 (301 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Message 17 of 33 (320 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Epster wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Richva wrote:

Well, good. Thieves got arrested. And your point would be????

Maybe you missed my original comment.  Font too small?

Looters Beware!

@jimc91 I hope you see the kudos I give you as recgnition of your willingness to take this treatment. I commend you.

@Epster, yes and thank you.  

Any poster that posts here knows just how "EMOTINAL" our friends are on the left.  Its actually a sad commentary to allow ones emotions to completely drive their life.  There is so much more to live for.

I actually posted this a couple days ago. the difference between this one and Tuckers is the language used..straight up, no race baiting or fear mongering. It was on the CBS morning news too. Again, no fear mongering.

as far as :News Flash!!  The election is over, lets get on with things. then why did you post a pic of Obama today?

So it begins.

Message 18 of 33 (316 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

https://www.local10.com/weather/hurricane-irma/looters-caught-by-local-10-cameras-arrested-by-fort-l...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looters BEWARE!!

I can't imagine why you posted this particular article?

To whom are you directing your warning?

The LOOTERS.

I imagine that the subjects, all being BLACK, is the qualifier for being the subject of your post.

Otherwise, you might have also included 30 year old Keith Adams, pictured below, also as an example of a looter. He was caught on Saturday.

But I guess he doesn't meet your criteria.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/10/19/441EB0F900000578-0-They_join_30_year_old_Keith_Adams_wh...

Beware looters, that is my point.  Most Floridians find that behavior despicable.

FYI if you read the original article you will LEARN the race of the looters was in fact not mentioned.  It is your mind working overtime to insert words that are simply not in the article.

Why does this so consume you?

@nctarheel

VIMTSTL

Message 19 of 33 (310 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Richva wrote:

Epster wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

It doesn't change the fact that Blacks are highlighted as the sole perpetrators of looting. Happened in New Orleans, in Houston, and now, in Florida.

@nctarheel The issue then should be taken up with biased media, not the person who posted the story. You are, of course, free to waste your time, sir. I am free to decide you've wasted enough of mine. Good night.

You raise a good point about the media but it also demonstrates the limited scope of the person who did the original post. 

@Richva If you read the original post you will find the writer did not mention the race of the looters.  

The race appears to live rent free in the minds of you and @nctarheel.  EVERYTHING appears to be about race.

....said the person who made little to no effort to be "Fair and Balanced".

Glad the looters got caught!  Good photo-journalism.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 20 of 33 (305 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

https://www.local10.com/weather/hurricane-irma/looters-caught-by-local-10-cameras-arrested-by-fort-l...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looters BEWARE!!

I can't imagine why you posted this particular article?

To whom are you directing your warning?

I imagine that the subjects, all being BLACK, is the qualifier for being the subject of your post.

Otherwise, you might have also included 30 year old Keith Adams, pictured below, also as an example of a looter. He was caught on Saturday.

But I guess he doesn't meet your criteria.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/10/19/441EB0F900000578-0-They_join_30_year_old_Keith_Adams_wh...

Do you see everything as a racial issue? 

I guess the old "Hammer sees EVERYTHING as a nail" applies here.

Consider a hobby to fill some of your spare time... Good Grief!!

Given the content of posts posted here by Conservatives, I think it's a fair question.  If the video was all your family members, would you have posted it?  If they were all white, would you have posted it?  Fair questions....   Did you make any effort to be "Fair and Balanced"?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.