Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Looters caught by Local 10 cameras arrested by Fort Lauderdale police

Message 1 of 33 (48 Views)

saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Your suggestion of racism is silly. It started as a "let's bash Fox" but the same reporting was done by ABC and Miami Herald among others.

What are you're talking about?  What started as "let's bash Fox".

I hope your question has been answered BY THE ABOVE!!! 

Obviously not; you still haven't explained why you interjected Fox in this issue.

Because this is the second topic on basically the same subject - the first one was the supposed racism of a Tucker Carlson report on looters.

Are we cool now???

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 33 (64 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Your suggestion of racism is silly. It started as a "let's bash Fox" but the same reporting was done by ABC and Miami Herald among others.

Obviously not; you still haven't explained why you interjected Fox in this issue.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 33 (82 Views)

saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

The "racist reporting" jazz.

The looting story originated on a local Ft Lauderdale TV station.  It happens to be an ABC affiliate but ABC network news did not originate or purposely carry the story.  If you were watching an ABC network news station at the time, you would have saw the cut-away to that local FL station & its biased-sounding anchors.  Then you'd next see ABC network taking back control and assiduously avoiding the blatantly racially-motivated "story" that snuck in during the cut-away. 

I'm not blaming ABC. just pointing out that it was reporting on "looters" not "blacks" wherever it was reported. That is quite an assumption you are making about that "snuck in" and your later "rinky-dink" station comment. By the way, that "rinky-dink" Washington Post also showed the pix.

More proof of racial bias: I repeat, show us even one news story of the much more common hurricane crime of price gouging that included the criminal's photo.  Can't find one?  Then maybe the stories of the dangers from the disaster were more important as they should have been to that rinky-dink tv station that originated the obviously racially-motivated "looting" story. 

Is not the act of hiding a looter or gouger's face just as racist as showing it? It assumes a racial component rather than simply a criminal component. 

I wouldn't doubt that FOX network news then rebroadcast the story; so what's new?  Many racist news and fake news sources did.  I repeat: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  

Message 4 of 33 (100 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

The looting story originated on a local Ft Lauderdale TV station.  It happens to be an ABC affiliate but ABC network news did not originate or purposely carry the story.  If you were watching an ABC network news station at the time, you would have saw the cut-away to that local FL station & its biased-sounding anchors.  Then you'd next see ABC network taking back control and assiduously avoiding the blatantly racially-motivated "story" that snuck in during the cut-away. 

More proof of racial bias: I repeat, show us even one news story of the much more common hurricane crime of price gouging that included the criminal's photo.  Can't find one?  Then maybe the stories of the dangers from the disaster were more important as they should have been to that rinky-dink tv station that originated the obviously racially-motivated "looting" story. 

I wouldn't doubt that FOX network news then rebroadcast the story; so what's new?  Many racist news and fake news sources did.  I repeat: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  

Message 5 of 33 (104 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

gordyfl wrote:

lotters will be shot.jpg

Sign must have been created by a Texan.....or a trump supporter...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 33 (115 Views)

saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:  Have you considered the possibility that the reporting was "looter" motivated as opposed to "racially" motivated?

Since when is looting a bigger story and of greater significance to the public than thousands of price-gouging events?  The reason the local TV station originated this while the many gouging crimes were ignored or reported as sterile facts with no photos of those criminals is because it was an opportunity to denigrate blacks. Face it, just how important was the news when you consider the magnitude of what was going on at that time.

Try reading the comments made to the reposted (by fake news sites) video and photos of this event?  No doubt there about racial motivation. 

It really isn't an "either/or" situation. Price gouging is, of course, also disgusting in that it takes advantage of people in a bad situation.

And, yes there was a lot more going on that needed reporting on - and it was reported on.

Message 7 of 33 (138 Views)

rk9152 wrote:  Have you considered the possibility that the reporting was "looter" motivated as opposed to "racially" motivated?

Since when is looting a bigger story and of greater significance to the public than thousands of price-gouging events?  The reason the local TV station originated this while the many gouging crimes were ignored or reported as sterile facts with no photos of those criminals is because it was an opportunity to denigrate blacks. Face it, just how important was the news when you consider the magnitude of what was going on at that time.

Try reading the comments made to the reposted (by fake news sites) video and photos of this event?  No doubt there about racial motivation. 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 33 (155 Views)

gordyfl wrote:

lotters will be shot.jpg

Sign must have been created by a Texan.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 33 (163 Views)

saworld wrote:

I saw the black looters story first on TV and then images repeated all over the place on Facebook.  It certainly looks like a racially motivated story to me & I blame the local TV station for that bias.  Thankfully when ABC switched back to national coverage of the hurricane disaster, there was no further airing of that footage & they stuck with the more important issues surrounding the disaster.

Why is that story so obviously racially motivated (besides the words and tone of voices of the local newscasters)?  Because not one story, comparably identified with photos of the thieves, was aired or published about the price gougers.  Just faceless numbers of the thousands of complaints.

If there had been comparable coverage, we wouldn't have heard anything else about the disasters.  And a nickel bet with anyone who doubts that the race of the gougers would definitely skew white.

Have you considered the possibility that the reporting was "looter" motivated as opposed to "racially" motivated?

Let's face it - it has gone well beyond that nasty ol' Fox.

Message 10 of 33 (175 Views)

lotters will be shot.jpg