AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

Message 51 of 193 (79 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Something better than the jingoistic, anti-semitic "America First" of the alt-Right?

How about "America, With Liberty and Justice for ALL!"

Or "America - The Moral Highgorund"

Or "America - Home of the Brave and Honest"

None of those work with Republicans in power, so the RW won't like them.

I believe in America first. Now, you see that as antisemitic, others see it as racist, others see it as Nazi. So, what is your view - "America second, third, what"? How about, "America, no big deal".

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 193 (81 Views)

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The percentage of U.S. adults who believe that God created humans in their present form at some time within the last 10,000 years or so, the strict creationist view has reached a new low. Thirty-eight percent of U.S. adults now accept creationism, while 57% believe in some form of evolution, either God-guided or not, saying man developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life.

My guess is the 38% who still believe in creationism make up the Trump voter base.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 193 (85 Views)

Something better than the jingoistic, anti-semitic "America First" of the alt-Right?

How about "America, With Liberty and Justice for ALL!"

Or "America - The Moral Highgorund"

Or "America - Home of the Brave and Honest"

None of those work with Republicans in power, so the RW won't like them.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 193 (81 Views)

The WORDS "America First" are great. The ACTION "America, Russia's Lapdog" are not.

Being a Twit, Lemontop tweets good, but being a Twit, he leads not at all.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 193 (83 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

NC--Thank you for your very insightful and educational post!

Deep as always.

So, how would you express your view of the thought. If "America first" is bad, what is good??

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Deep as always.

So, how would you express your view of the thought. If "America first" is bad, what is good??

Depending on who says those words.  lOL  LOL  LOL

Since the wording was, "how would you express your view" - the "who" seems quite obvious.

Do you have an opinion?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 193 (95 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Deep as always.

So, how would you express your view of the thought. If "America first" is bad, what is good??

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Deep as always.

Depending on who says those words.  lOL  LOL  LOL

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 193 (84 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Deep as always.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 193 (73 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I am a believer in "America first" does that make me "bad"?

The AMERICA FIRST phrase has an ugly past. I am sad to see that you subscribe to it.

The term AMERICA FIRST arose from the AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE that existed just prior to World War II. Its purpose was basically to keep America out of WWII. In a sense, its agenda called for America to be isolationist.

The lead spokesperson for the AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE was Charles Lindbergh. Lindbergh was admired in Germany and the admiration was returned by him as he was impressed by their military strength.

Lindbergh identified THE AMERICAN JEW as the force pulling the United States into war. He was clearly ANTI-SEMITIC as evidenced by the following quote, "The greatest danger to this country lies in their(JEWS) large ownership and influence in motion pictures, our press, our radio, and our government.

Since 1940, the phrase AMERICA FIRST has been forever linked with the ANTI-SEMITIC rantings of Lindbergh and thus, is considered ANTI-SEMITIC when used.

Does belief in AMERICA FIRST make you bad??????

Knowing the history of the phrase, I will leave that to your own conscience.

O.K. so "America first" is bad to the left.

How about "America last" or "America not special" or "America just like everybody else". What is the patriotic way to express it to the left??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 193 (83 Views)

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 193 (80 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I am a believer in "America first" does that make me "bad"?

The AMERICA FIRST phrase has an ugly past. I am sad to see that you subscribe to it.

The term AMERICA FIRST arose from the AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE that existed just prior to World War II. Its purpose was basically to keep America out of WWII. In a sense, its agenda called for America to be isolationist.

The lead spokesperson for the AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE was Charles Lindbergh. Lindbergh was admired in Germany and the admiration was returned by him as he was impressed by their military strength.

Lindbergh identified THE AMERICAN JEW as the force pulling the United States into war. He was clearly ANTI-SEMITIC as evidenced by the following quote, "The greatest danger to this country lies in their(JEWS) large ownership and influence in motion pictures, our press, our radio, and our government.

Since 1940, the phrase AMERICA FIRST has been forever linked with the ANTI-SEMITIC rantings of Lindbergh and thus, is considered ANTI-SEMITIC when used.

Does belief in AMERICA FIRST make you bad??????

Knowing the history of the phrase, I will leave that to your own conscience.