The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

[ Edited ]
Message 41 of 215 (267 Views)

I actually believe that the Catholic approach to the bible is probably the most reasonable one.
As a Catholic we simply don't memorize the Bible we read it but we don't memorize verses, we more think about the bible as history and stories of the time and anecdotes of the people that were there at the time.

The Jews, are the most verifiable source of what was happening at the time.
They were always writing down everything that was happening around them.

the Old Testament shows us their accuracies  of the times.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 215 (253 Views)

@nctarheel

You're still avoiding answering the question of can you or anyone prove there is no God, or that  the Bible is wrong.   Of course instead you are attempting to obfuscate the issue.  

So have a good day.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 215 (255 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

If a believer can not show proof of the existence of a God, then who will?????????

Still not answering the question but kicking the ball around.  Therefore it is evident that you can't answer either way. 

Basically what started this was the insistance that the earth is millions of years old.   But to those who holds religious beliefs, now called creationism, it doesn't matter how old it is, because these beliefs are based on the future and the hereafter rather than the past. 

Why the dependence upon proved error laden writings from the past consisting of third, fourth and up to tenth hand copies by unverified/unverifiable copyists - when modern science can prove things that many creationists/intelligent design advocates insist is otherwise - but will never be able to prove?

Like - for instance - the video showing absolute proof of the irrefutable relationship between humans and chimpansees through a much older common ancestor...

How To Shut Up Pesky Creationists - YouTube

Science - like everything else is a creation of god...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 215 (256 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

If a believer can not show proof of the existence of a God, then who will?????????

Therefore it is evident that you can't answer either way. 

As my thought experiment made clear; it is difficult to prove the non-existence of something... sometimes it is impossible.

On the other hand, if you are a believer in something's existence, it should be easy to prove "it" is there. As with the Empire State Building, there should be many things to point to in regards to proving something's existence.

That you continue the circular argument of "I asked you first"; I must come to the conclusion that you have no tangible proof of the existence of a God.

Trusted Social Butterfly

LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

Message 45 of 215 (259 Views)

Good points NC. Anybody can make up something and then claim we can't prove it doesn't exist. That proves nothing other than a person can make up their own version of reality.

Scientists can prove the earth is 4.6 billion years old and the Universe is around 13 billions years old. 

Trump voters do not care about facts, documentation, and proof. They believe whatever their hero tells them and never question the man. It's just like creationism.

Message 46 of 215 (251 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

Still not answering the question but kicking the ball around.  Therefore it is evident that you can't answer either way. 

Basically what started this was the insistance that the earth is millions of years old.   But to those who holds religious beliefs, now called creationism, it doesn't matter how old it is, because these beliefs are based on the future and the hereafter rather than the past. 

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 47 of 215 (265 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Of course I've asked for someone to prove there is no God first, so I'm waiting for that answer instead of another question.  Your attempt here is apparently because you can't answer that. 

Here is my proof that there IS NO God and that the Bible IS NOT right:

"Of course I've asked for someone to prove there is no God first, so I'm waiting for that answer instead of another question. Your attempt here is apparently because you can't answer that"- @TxGrandpa2

Here's my reasoning.

Let's say we were arguing about the existence of the Empire State Building. You take the side that IT EXISTS and I take the side that IT DOESN'T EXIST. You ask me to prove it doesn't exist. It is rather hard to do because there it is.... standing in New York City.

However, if I asked you to back up YOUR BELIEF that the Empire State Building DOES EXIST then you would be able to produce facts, figures, and pictures from a multitude of sources. You could provide the history of construction, the height, the owners names, etc. etc. etc.

Same with God. It is hard to prove he DOES NOT exist because while buildings are built to his name, his name is different in every society, his looks are different in every society, the religious rules are different in every society and, in fact, more people have died due to religious zealotry (people defending their religion as the one and true religion) than all the wars ever fought.

You have taken the side that he DOES EXIST; therefore, as with the example of the Empire State Building, you should have multiple factual and tangible items to point to, to prove the existence.

The fact that you DON'T HAVE those items and just create a "I asked you first" scenario proves to me that you have no proof...... and you are a believer.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 215 (257 Views)

Gee  are we starting this again?

Please,,  please,   please,,  do leave religion where it belongs.  and that is in your home and in church.

Message 49 of 215 (259 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Can you prove that there is no God or that the Bible is wrong?   

Can YOU prove that there IS a God or that the Bible IS right?

Of course I've asked for someone to prove there is no God first, so I'm waiting for that answer instead of another question.  Your attempt here is apparently because you can't answer that. 

Message 50 of 215 (252 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

And why is it upsetting to you if someone doesn't believe in religion? I try to force my beliefs on no one, as it should be.

Can you honestly say that you don't?  Can you point out where I am upset but just pointing out that there are some who can't stand it when someone says anything about religion.

And of course, disagreement is based more on partisanism rather than any of these topics.