AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

Message 31 of 193 (91 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Can you prove that there is no God or that the Bible is wrong?   

Can YOU prove that there IS a God or that the Bible IS right?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 32 of 193 (100 Views)

RK--Thank you for your less then juvenile compliment---wouldn't expect anything else from such an insightful (NOT) Alt. Right trump supporter-

America first = isolationism--stupid idea in an ever shrinking world, global economy, and a world where working with other cultures is of utmost importance.

Anything insightful to say to that, or are you just worried I may get a kudo??

so sad!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 193 (103 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Nope - dead wrong! - again!   Observation of the real world.

Can you prove that there is no God or that the Bible is wrong?  And why is it upsetting when anyone professes faith in religion?  Are you afraid they might just be right?

Have a good evening Alferd.

And why is it upsetting to you if someone doesn't believe in religion? I try to force my beliefs on no one, as it should be. I profess a faith in God and not one religion and I have no one here that gives me guff about it. But then to me whatever someone else wants to believe is entirely up to them and I give them no guff about it. It takes two to argue, so if you are in an argument, don't entirely blame the other person.

Have a good night.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 193 (91 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

NC--Thank you for your very insightful and educational post!

Deep as always.

So, how would you express your view of the thought. If "America first" is bad, what is good??

I would simply say to tell the truth. Trump doesn't mean all of America first, he means the top 1% of America first.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 193 (92 Views)

@alferdpacker--As I'm sure you know,  Native American belief is also very similar to all other religions you have mentioned. Nice to have educated and intelligent conversation with regard to this subject, as so many get almost hysterical when confronted with the reality of religion.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 36 of 193 (99 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Can you prove that there is no God or that the Bible is wrong?  And why is it upsetting when anyone professes faith in religion?  Are you afraid they might just be right?

It never has mattered which writing you believe or what name you use - all gods and all religions came from the same single source just as there's never been the slightest question that faithful and observant Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in and worship the god that Abraham obeyed.

Does that exclude other beliefs/religions?   Don't be silly.

Science and religion are only different ways of seeing how things are.

Being a non-religious scientist is just another of the hundreds of perfectly acceptable ways of worshiping by living without harming your fellow human.

KAKISTOCRACY
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 193 (99 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Unnecessary to address any of that post - fact and reality need no explanation, justification or support.  

Their existence is proof entirely sufficient unto themselves.

Are you agreeing that the liberal rhetoric here is very similiar to that of the communistic countries today and that of the old Soviet Union? 

Please explain the rhetoric of the communistic countries, and the old Soviet Union. Did you ever visit any of them before or after?

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 38 of 193 (107 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Unnecessary to address any of that post - fact and reality need no explanation, justification or support.  

Are you agreeing that the liberal rhetoric here is very similiar to that of the communistic countries today and that of the old Soviet Union? 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 193 (98 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 40 of 193 (112 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Says an equal amount about the credulity and illogical irrationality of conservatism.

Perhaps you can show where you are correct?  No, it is liberalism here who is actively attempting to disprove religion just as is done in communistic countries and as was done in the Soviet Union.  Now you are paraphrasing the scriptures in defining faith in God with politics?

And which group is busy attempting to 'attack' anyone who choses to not follow lock-step with their beliefs?   Is there a reason why anyone isn't allowed to have faith in religion? 

KAKISTOCRACY