Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

Message 11 of 215 (165 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:
They can't prove God exists any more than they can prove Santa exists. It's a cultural myth just like Santa.

I would believe that there is more proof that God exists than there is about Santa Claus.  But of course it could said that mankind is a conceited being, thinking that they are superior to anything or anyone.  I do believe that there are some who cannot stand that anyone would believe in a superior being than mankind such as God.

Psalms 14:1

This is like playing the party game of 'Telephone'.  The thread/topic started out about Trump and has evolved into a discussion about whether God exists.  From politics to religion.

Never fails!!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 215 (171 Views)

@TxGrandpa2, It's like "Pearls Before Swine"...

Hope you are having a good day.

VIMTSTL
Trusted Social Butterfly

LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

Message 13 of 215 (164 Views)

Believing in God is very similar to believing in Santa Claus. How does Santa deliver all those presents around the world in one night? Of course he has help from God.

All kidding aside. When we grow up, we realize that Santa is nothing more than a cultural myth. But for an array of reasons, people desperately want to cling to the idea that God is real. They can't prove God exists any more than they can prove Santa exists. It's a cultural myth just like Santa.

Message 14 of 215 (166 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Evolution is an established and accepted fact of science - and as you know - God created science.

And why shouldn't God show us his resume?

So you accept that God exists?  God has showed his resume in his creation.

Do you have definite proof that the earth is billions of years old?  The theory is that it is.  And that all of a sudden, 'poof' it started evolving from nothing?  Is there anything that says that God allowed the earth to evolve over billions of years in his creation?  The past is gone and for us it is the future we need to be concerned about.

You are the one arguing the evolution 'theories' not me, as I believe that this could have been a logical path to the creation.

Further, the reason I posted to Rker that is absolutely no good to discuss something like this is because some just wants to repeat the same nonsensical charges about one's beliefs.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 215 (166 Views)

Well, whatever, !!!!!!  it sort of make it easier to believe in a Supreme being, after all is not too good to believe that I am poor because?..............  and others are rich?............. that I am not beautiful?........................
I guess that I am good because I do believe that eventually there will be benefits from being good.

Perhpas that is a selfish manner but, is a truthful one.
That is why any kind of discussion regarding the existance of God is really silly,  

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 215 (178 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

When I look at the starts at night. and see so many of them.I think that such a universe didn't formed by itself. didn't happen just by chance, that there was no outside force that actually was the one that created that universe. You may call it God or Nature and its evolution, but whomever it was, 
They sure did a great job.

A good analogy to this is like someone, something carrying a box of parts, they are thrown into the air, and they miraculously gather together to form a perfectly good automobile, computer, etc.  It would never happen.

Actually it's a bogus analogy that has been used to gull the credulous for years - an adaptation of the long ago discredited and wholly fallacious "Watchmaker" analogy.   If there was a watchmaker to make the watch - who made the watchmaker?   And so on and so on ad infinitum...

Insisting that the literal biblical creation story comes from an unquestionably inerrant source, that the earth isn't roughly four and a half billion years old - but is six thousand, ten thousand, or even a hundred thousand years old - is an error the equivalent of which is on the order of insisting that the distance from New York to San Francisco is less than a hundred feet.

The krebs cycle - and well over a hundred thousand other complex biochemical processes in your body - that are the result of the evolutionary process (the machinery of creation) are what are keeping you alive, thinking, and posting.

Evolution is an established and accepted fact of science - and as you know - God created science.

God created evolution to be his "machinery of creation".

And why shouldn't God show us his resume?

Message 17 of 215 (181 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Tx.  I am now looking at a movie on TV  Called Inherit the Wind, and you remind me of the preacher in that movie. 
I guess now, in your eyes, I am not a Christian or an American. well, thank the Lord that your words have no power or value.

To the contrary, I was agreeing with your post.  Psalms 19:1....."The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament showeth his handiwork"

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 215 (177 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

When I look at the starts at night. and see so many of them.I think that such a universe didn't formed by itself. didn't happen just by chance, that there was no outside force that actually was the one that created that universe. You may call it God or Nature and its evolution, but whomever it was, 

A good analogy to this is like someone, something carrying a box of parts, they are thrown into the air, and they miraculously gather together to form a perfectly good automobile, computer, etc.  It would never happen.

As far as someone pointing out particular people who calls themselves Christians yet by their actions are wrongdoers; a person could call themselves anything, even an American, but that doesn't make them a citizen.  It is following the doctrine that makes one a Christian.

There is absolutely no good in discussing anything like this here.

Tx.  I am now looking at a movie on TV  Called Inherit the Wind, and you remind me of the preacher in that movie. 
I guess now, in your eyes, I am not a Christian or an American. well, thank the Lord that your words have no power or value.

Message 19 of 215 (186 Views)

rker321 wrote:

As far as someone pointing out particular people who calls themselves Christians yet by their actions are wrongdoers; a person could call themselves anything, even an American, but that doesn't make them a citizen.  It is following the doctrine that makes one a Christian.

There is absolutely no good in discussing anything like this here.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 215 (188 Views)

NC--The Repubs. have long used fear as a way to garner support--many call themselves Christians--more along the lines of the Old Testament--whose sole purpose, it always seemed to me,  was to frighten people into submission.

Move forward--New Testament, which, for the most part, throws out the eye for an eye, cast into the depths of Hades rhetoric with stories meant to teach man how to interact kindly with one another. And then the Repubs. call themselves Christians--using Old Testament values and techniques to rape Americans of life saving services and steal from them,  telling them that it is ok, and all for their own good. 

This is not religion--this is manipulation and greed.

I will leave belief in God, Christ, Allah, etc. to the individual--but I do know that the Repub. use of Christianity to forward it's hateful agenda has nothing to do with religion in any form, unless it is the religion of lies, greed, racism, and hatred, 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!