AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Trusted Social Butterfly

LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

Message 11 of 193 (99 Views)

What does God look like?

Where does God live?

Is God male or female?

Does God simultaneously monitor the conversations and actions of over 6 billion humans?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 193 (97 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

Since they can't prove God exists, they drum up their old standby that we cannot prove God doesn't exist. 

But of course if someone can't prove that something doesn't exists how can they deny it does?

Referring to evolutionist theories doesn't prove that it wasn't in God's plan to create the earth that way. 

Of course - it's been inescapably obvious for well over a century that evolution - supported and enhanced by all the rest of science - is the scientifically proved accurate and factual description of what H.Sapiens/science has learned thus far about how evolution - "the machinery of creation" - has worked/works - subject, of course to new discoveries adding to/modifying that description...

Religion ONLY deals with "who", and science ONLY deals with "how", making them mutually exclusive and never even remotely capable of proving/disproving each other.

Even members of the genus and species that's the closest living cousin of a Chimpanzee (H. Sapiens) can see that...

KAKISTOCRACY
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 193 (98 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

So, let me make sure I understand the point of your above post.

I would believe that if one was intent on engaging in serious discussions they would offer substance to posts instead of attempting to play oneupsmanship.

If one wanted to engage in serious discussions then no doubt they would engage in such.  This shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 193 (91 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I'm not here to prove anything wrong because it is not the right venue to do so.  If this was a serious study group then I would do so.  There are sites that serious looks could be taken for discussion of issues, but this is not one. 

@TxGrandpa2,

So, let me make sure I understand the point of your above post.

You are saying that if this were a SERIOUS discussion board; you would then PROVE to me the existence of God but since this is NOT A SERIOUS discussion board; you won't.

Is there a SERIOUS discussion board in which you participate where you would feel comfortable PROVING the existence of God to me?

Please direct me to said discussion board.

Message 15 of 193 (88 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

Since they can't prove God exists, they drum up their old standby that we cannot prove God doesn't exist. 

But of course if someone can't prove that something doesn't exists how can they deny it does?

Referring to evolutionist theories doesn't prove that it wasn't in God's plan to create the earth that way. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

LET'S TELL THE REAL TRUTH

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 193 (83 Views)

Obviously nobody on the planet can prove there is a God because there is none. If someone could have proven there was a God, it would have happened a long time ago. People believe in a version of God for a variety of reasons, but nobody ever has and nobody ever will prove God exists. 

Message 17 of 193 (83 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

I, therefore, have given you the opportunity to take a non-believer, PROVE to him that he is wrong, and make him a believer.

No, instead of answering the question you are attempting to confuse the issue by throwing it back.  I'm not here to prove anything wrong because it is not the right venue to do so.  If this was a serious study group then I would do so.  There are sites that serious looks could be taken for discussion of issues, but this is not one. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 193 (92 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel

You're still avoiding answering the question of can you or anyone prove there is no God, or that  the Bible is wrong.   Of course instead you are attempting to obfuscate the issue.  

So have a good day.

I am not obfuscating anything.

Through my thought experiment, I created a simple challenge for you.

Since it is the responsibility of the believer to PROVE the existence of God to the non-believer.

And it has been done that way for thousands of years.

And if that isn't the way it is done;  then what use are missionaries???

I, therefore, have given you the opportunity to take a non-believer, PROVE to him that he is wrong, and make him a believer.

It seems that you refuse to take up the challenge.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 193 (85 Views)

I actually believe that the Catholic approach to the bible is probably the most reasonable one.
As a Catholic we simply don't memorize the Bible we read it but we don't memorize verses, we more think about the bible as history and stories of the time and anecdotes of the people that were there at the time.

The Jews, are the most verifiable source of what was happening at the time.
They were always writing down everything that was happening around them.

the Old Testament shows us their accuracies  of the times.

Message 20 of 193 (71 Views)

@nctarheel

You're still avoiding answering the question of can you or anyone prove there is no God, or that  the Bible is wrong.   Of course instead you are attempting to obfuscate the issue.  

So have a good day.