Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Kevin Smith, Progressive Entrepreneur Hero

Message 1 of 18 (271 Views)

Richva wrote:

It just occurred to me that some of our Conservative posters cannot differentiate between democracy and Marxism.  

An interesting concept. On the off chance that it is more than merely a bumper sticker, shall we explore it?

What thinking led you to that thought?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 18 (276 Views)

It just occurred to me that some of our Conservative posters cannot differentiate between democracy and Marxism.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 18 (283 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Although he is not my "idol" I am delighted he stopped the march of the neo-Marxists in the past election.

To be replaced by the Republican march of kakistocracy with a grossly unqualified "Possee of Poseurs" appointed by Trump, a grossly ignorant Alabama racist and innumerable other travesties pretending to be competent...

I'm not sure of the effect of a "Posse of Poseurs" would have on our nation, that element is overlooked by the linguist, but I am sure of the effects of moving further towards Marxism.

It is also uncertain how some supposed "ignorant Alabama racist" is a factor in a discussion of Marxism.

It seems to some the answer to all economic problems is "raise the TMR" and to others the answer to all problems is "attack President Trump".

And poor ol' Kevin Smith - he just gets lost in the shuffle.

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 18 (292 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Although he is not my "idol" I am delighted he stopped the march of the neo-Marxists in the past election.

To be replaced by the Republican march of kakistocracy with a grossly unqualified "Possee of Poseurs" appointed by Trump, a grossly ignorant Alabama racist and innumerable other travesties pretending to be competent...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 18 (296 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

True - we of the right do not engage in such silliness as "hero", "idol" and the like.

I guess we can both agree that Trump is not a hero.  I Googled Conservative hero and got a ton of hits for a philosophy which claims not to have them. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446408/donald-trump-conservative-hero

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XV8E80G/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

https://www.tremr.com/gen-conservative/clarence-thomas-a-humble-conservative-hero

Did you happen to find any references to your fellow posters about who the claim is made?

I personally do not find him to be a Conservative. I guess I'm just an old fashioned Goldwater Conservative. Although he is not my "idol" I am delighted he stopped the march of the neo-Marxists in the past election.

Message 6 of 18 (298 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

True - we of the right do not engage in such silliness as "hero", "idol" and the like.

I guess we can both agree that Trump is not a hero.  I Googled Conservative hero and got a ton of hits for a philosophy which claims not to have them. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446408/donald-trump-conservative-hero

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XV8E80G/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

https://www.tremr.com/gen-conservative/clarence-thomas-a-humble-conservative-hero

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 18 (305 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Is it not possible to express admiration for one man without having to then sully the post with hatred for another?

When you are comparing a Progressive hero to a Conservative hero and the Conservative hero is Trump? No, I am afraid the facts speak for themselves in both cases. 

No, I am saying that if one truly admires someone like Kevin Smith, he should be able to discuss him positively without having to detour to another person falsely labeled "Conservative hero".

Well ,,,,,,,, I would agree that Trump isn't a 'hero' of any kind.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 18 (306 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

The other is an object of ridicule, subject of obscene japes and an international joke.

There is truth about the attacks on our President (not the substance, just their existence). It seems that there are those that automatically attack the successful. Yet, without the successful, where would you get the money for your wealth redistribution.

And then there is, of course, the "snowflake effect" of those stamping their feet because they didn't get their way in the elections (note: "elections" (pl), they got clobbered up and down the line).

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 18 (325 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Is it not possible to express admiration for one man without having to then sully the post with hatred for another?

When you are comparing a Progressive hero to a Conservative hero and the Conservative hero is Trump? No, I am afraid the facts speak for themselves in both cases. 

No, I am saying that if one truly admires someone like Kevin Smith, he should be able to discuss him positively without having to detour to another person falsely labeled "Conservative hero".

Well ,,,,,,,, I would agree that Trump isn't a 'hero' of any kind.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 10 of 18 (327 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I watched "Clerk".

Seriously, Dude, you gotta get a new hero.

Ah but think of an entreupenure running up $60K to do a film.  You look at the film but I look at the business model.