ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: John Kelly declares ‘I’m not quitting,’ in surprise briefing appearance

Message 1 of 11

John Kelly has devoted his life and considerable talent to defending America against all enemies, foriegn or domestic. Now he's doing his level best to prevent an egomanical emotional and intellectual 6-year-old in an obese 71-year-old body from wrecking the Nation. GEN Kelly continues to defend his Nation, providing adult supervision in the World's most dangerous elder-care facility - the one that can destroy civilization if the inmate has a bad hair day AND REALIZES IT.

No mindreading required - just rational analysis of the actual news of the day. I do understand how those on the Right may see this as a supernatural power, some sort of ESP,  it having been absent from Republicans for nearly half a century now.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 11

Richva wrote:

Kelly has to be thinking "Geez, you **bleep** a little to the guy at the next urinal and the next thing you know you have to do a press conference"

More mind reading from the left - bathroom mind reading at that.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 11

Kelly has to be thinking "Geez, you **bleep** a little to the guy at the next urinal and the next thing you know you have to do a press conference"

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 11

Somehow the folks here are pretending that Kelly didn't say the word:   TODAY at the end of the quoted statement.    Was is too hard to accurately cut / paste?  

"Although I read it all the time, pretty consistently, I'm not quitting today," John Kelly says cbsn.ws/2gzvdZR

Of course the misrepresentation of his actual statement would not make the same impact, but YES, of course, you are welcome.   

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 11

Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152: Next Question????

You don't seem to be familiar with the meaning of "verbatim". The OP was a cut n paste from Fox.

ver·ba·tim
vərˈbādəm/
adverb & adjective
adverb: verbatim; adjective: verbatim
  1. in exactly the same words as were used originally.

Yes, and I seem to recall posting other sources saying the same thing. So - your point??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 11

rk9152: Next Question????

You don't seem to be familiar with the meaning of "verbatim". The OP was a cut n paste from Fox.

ver·ba·tim
vərˈbādəm/
adverb & adjective
adverb: verbatim; adjective: verbatim
  1. in exactly the same words as were used originally.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 11

nctarheel wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly made a surprise appearance at Thursday's press briefing to assure reporters that he is "not quitting" and is "not frustrated" in the job -- in an apparent swipe at rampant media reports. 

Once again, a verbatim "news" report is posted with no attribution to its original author, the fake news organization, FOX NEWS.

It is of interest that when the source is BRIETBART, FOX NEWS, THE WASHINGTON TIMES, or other fake news source; the poster leaves off the attribution.

Is it that they are aware that the news source is illegitimate;

Is the poster claiming what is written as their own????????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/12/white-house-chief-kelly-unless-thing...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-chief-staff-kelly-declares-he-s-not-getting-fir...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-12/trump-s-chief-of-staff-says-he-s-not-quitting-or-...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chief-staff-john-kelly-im-quitting-today-fired/story?id=50435201

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/12/557413240/white-house-chief-of-staff-john-kelly-i-m-not-quitting-or-be...

Next Question????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 11

Olderscout66 wrote:

IMHO, Kelly is hanging around to help with the transition when a couple more cabinet officers finally admit Der Trumper is incapable of discharging the duties of POTUS and they chuck the dotard.

Did you discuss the matter with the General or is that just another of your mind reading thingies?

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 11

jimc91 wrote:

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly made a surprise appearance at Thursday's press briefing to assure reporters that he is "not quitting" and is "not frustrated" in the job -- in an apparent swipe at rampant media reports. 

Once again, a verbatim "news" report is posted with no attribution to its original author, the fake news organization, FOX NEWS.

It is of interest that when the source is BRIETBART, FOX NEWS, THE WASHINGTON TIMES, or other fake news source; the poster leaves off the attribution.

Is it that they are aware that the news source is illegitimate;

Is the poster claiming what is written as their own????????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 11

IMHO, Kelly is hanging around to help with the transition when a couple more cabinet officers finally admit Der Trumper is incapable of discharging the duties of POTUS and they chuck the dotard.