Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Jared, oops I forgot, a mere 100

Message 1 of 16 (163 Views)

rker321 wrote:

How many times can a person ammend anything on their security paperwork?

Can they doing in an infinite manner? Is there a law that would prevent any of this happening.?

Under the current 'administration' AND a substantial number of posters on this forum, there appears to be an assumption that a security clearance is a right unless criminal behavior has been 'proven'. 

Similar in assumptions, I suppose, to the 'must issue' mandates some states have for CCP.

Access to classified information formerly required the individual to be 'trustworthy', not susceptiblle to blackmail or extortion for any reason, and have an established 'need to know'...and that's just for starters.  Self certification wasn't enough.....the FBI had to weigh in with a favorable recommendation AFTER a thorough background investigation.  Now?  Well...........

So...the answer to your questions in order....apparently at least some applicants AND holders get to amend anything at all as long as the administering authority allows it to continue.  That should tell you something.

Furnishing information to the Government for clearances or other critical purposes require that the person declare the information is true and correct under penatly of perjury.  You've probably signed one.  The federal statute is 28 U.S.C ~ 1746.  Perjury is perjury.  It is criminal and it does have to be proven.  Is Perjury or moral turpitude grounds for denial of a Security Clearance or refusal to approve a person to HAVE a Security Clearance, if you prefer?  Used to be.  Now?  Well......... 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 16 (168 Views)

Apparently, some here seem to not know how or who is responsible for doing the vetting of new people in the WH.     Possibly they don't even care.    They only do handsprings when they learn that understaffing of Departments say money.   Competency - so 2009 - it is no longer required.

And that, IMO, is why they sound so incompetent and have to come up with excuses when they have a guy who has had to update his list of contacts  over the past 6 months.    Had there been competent staff running the "transition team" or meeting with Department Heads from the previous Administration, they could have learned how the process works.    Instead, they ignored that option and instead decided that firing all the upper management of Departments,  which removes all the historical knowledge of how best to get things done, so we see this sort of nonsense.

FYI:   Sessions lack of information should be reason for dismissal, because he has been in gov't long enough to know the procedures as he sat on committees that also required Security Clearances - he knew how to game the Administration and did.     Is that something that donald supporters approve of?    Apparently so.    

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 16 (176 Views)

How many times can a person ammend anything on their security paperwork?

Can they doing in an infinite manner? Is there a law that would prevent any of this happening.?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 16 (182 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Alferd  this guy has done what apparently the laws allow him to do.
It is embarrasing that he can keep his clearance and have had to ammend it so many times. I wonder if there is a limit in which they can forget and then remember while they keep thier clearance

He's an embarassment to the nation.

It appears that there may not be any limit with the crooks and unconvicted felons in trump's maladministration.

But Alferd is there a Federal law that covers any of this?

yes, they are skirting the law in many of these instances. but remember, top cop is Sessions, just as slimy as they are.

Try to focus. Sessions is not the issue. What law was broken is the issue.

The TOPIC of this discussion thread is that Jared had to add about a hundred additional names to his list of foreign contacts on his disclosure form - after the fact.

Whether that constitutes "oops, I forgot" or " I didn't initially intend to list these if "some people" hadn't been looking so closely " is a matter for each individual to make up their own mind about...

Trusted Social Butterfly

Jared, oops I forgot, a mere 100

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 16 (195 Views)

Did Jared report that meeting with the Russian attorney linked to the Kremlin?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 16 (198 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

It is embarrasing that he can keep his clearance and have had to ammend it so many times. I wonder if there is a limit in which they can forget and then remember while they keep thier clearance

It appears that there may not be any limit with the crooks and unconvicted felons in trump's maladministration.

yes, they are skirting the law in many of these instances. but remember, top cop is Sessions, just as slimy as they are.

Try to focus. Sessions is not the issue. What law was broken is the issue.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 16 (202 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

He's an embarrassment to the nation.

Jared is reprehensible scum.

I decline to post any answer to or discuss apologetics for Jared's moral and ethical bankruptcy and abject failure to act patriotically.

Sounds like no law can be cited so (typically) insults are used as a "go-to" position.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 16 (203 Views)

"Should have come clean sooner" is a phrase bandied about. But we should remember two things.

1) President Trump was not the candidate at the time, however;

2) The DNC didn't "come clean" about their corruption of their own primary process and screamed "foul" when it was released via a hack.

The "goose and the gander" idea comes in here.

Message 9 of 16 (236 Views)

afisher wrote:

In a sane and busy world, an individual may be forgiven (?) that they forgot an minor detail about a meeting - but perhaps not one like Donnie Junior, who was all sorts of happy about, but a minor event.

So it is a bit curious, that Jared, Mr. "I'm the major voice of WH" who has been scrutinized because of his various meeting with foreigners, looking for funding, that even the Republicans have said that they want more specifics on his activities as the drip, drip, drip of his meetings continue to be highlighted in the press.   

Now donald supporters are going to poo-poo this, saying that he is part of the WH family and who cares about his security clearance...but perhaps they will reconsider:

From The Hill:   

White House adviser Jared Kushner reportedly updated his federal disclosure form several times to include more than 100 names on a list of foreign contacts.

Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law, updated the list of foreign contacts on his disclosure form — which he needed to submit to get security clearance — three times, The New York Times reported.

He added more than 100 names to it, people close to Kushner told The Times.

How many DUI drivers have been sent to jail for 10 such events?   Will the DS folks continue to ignore that those in the WH are abject liars and should not be trusted with national security, which apparently is now devolved into a massive "pay to play" business.

Yes - The Worst Ugliness of this Entire Russian Fiasco is that Kushner is the only one - at least the only one we know about now - who was part of this whole Russian Conspiracy that is still working in the Whitehouse & Still allowed access to our Nations most Closely Held Secrets....................yeah Trump is still there but he's too stupid to retain anything for longer then a few minutes..............and everyone understands Kushner is a even bigger Money W h o x x................than Trump - so every US Secret is For Sale and the fact that he's still allowed a Top Secret Security Clearance & access is Criminal...................................

Someone - Anyone - Name one thing off the Trump to Kushner Assignment List that he's even started working on - never mind succeeding with................

1. Israeli - Palestinian Peace - Nope

2. Infrastructure Reform - Nope

3. Cyber Security Reform - Nope

What are these people doing besides hiring the Best Attorneys Money Can Buy to Protect their Backsides?

N O T H I N G - For you or I or anyone else

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Message 10 of 16 (241 Views)

rker321 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rker321 wrote:

So it begins.