Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Highlighted

Re: JOE SCARBOROUGH ASKED A GREAT QUESTION

Message 1 of 58 (157 Views)

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 58 (165 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Lovers hold everyone accountable except their hero. What is counterprodictive for the White House is the non-stop lying coming out of the Trump Administration. But you will never see a Trump Minion complain about the pervasive dishonesty of Trump and his staff. They will always blame someone else, such as Joe Scarborough. If you're not LOL, you should be.

Everyone else realizes the problem is Donald Trump.

The topic is not supposed "Trump Lovers", some "hero", "a Trump Minion", "Trump and his staff", nor "LOL. The topic is Morning Joe and he was a "never Trumper" from the get-go. So it is not surprising that he "left the room".

It's really as simple as that. All the partisan hyperbole is just that.

Joe - being a decent and honorable man - could no longer stand the stench of corruption and dishonesty of the racist liar and his supporters...

Just that simple.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 58 (175 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Lovers hold everyone accountable except their hero. What is counterprodictive for the White House is the non-stop lying coming out of the Trump Administration. But you will never see a Trump Minion complain about the pervasive dishonesty of Trump and his staff. They will always blame someone else, such as Joe Scarborough. If you're not LOL, you should be.

The topic is not supposed "Trump Lovers", some "hero", "a Trump Minion", "Trump and his staff", nor "LOL. The topic is Morning Joe and he was a "never Trumper" from the get-go. So it is not surprising that he "left the room".

It's really as simple as that. All the partisan hyperbole is just that.

Trusted Social Butterfly

JOE SCARBOROUGH ASKED A GREAT QUESTION

Message 4 of 58 (192 Views)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 58 (194 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Now, regarding the initial question.
I don't know in reality as to why Joe decided to become an Independent. I feel that he has gotten frustrated with everything that is going on with the Trump/Russia/lies issue and that the Republicans in Congress and Senator are ether too afraid or simply don't want to rock to boat at this time.

I feel the same frustration with the Republican Party, but I will not quit and try to ride the storm 
Eventually as usual the waters will recede and everything will be back to normal. and that is a fact.

Were you a regular viewer, you would have been aware that he was a "never Trumper" before anyone thought of the Russia/lies issue.

As to the establishment Republicans, this is ideal for them. They never wanted him in the first place. However, they are confronted with a problem - the voters who liked his agenda as well as his "outsider" status and style.

To some, the people who got exactly what they asked for and, as a result, stick with him against the attacks of the left and the establishment are referred to a minions - or even "rubes".

Some can't seem to understand that constant and often violent attacks against their President and what he stands for can be counter-productive.

Message 6 of 58 (201 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

You didn't watch the R-primary debates?

I did. Do you have a point to make about "despicable racism, bigotry and prejudice" 

Those that did speak out were quickly eliminated. 

We are talking about a debate, are we not??

I'll put it this way for you: Any candidate that openly spoke out about Trump's character flaws, whether during the debates, or on the campaign trail, was never given serious consideration by the Party of Trump. Some of them went on to be Never Trump, and remain so, and good for them. 

Governor Kasich begged his party to listen to reason and come to their senses, but no chance. Kasich is a good and decent man, and I would have voted for him over Clinton any day. As a moderate, I believe he would have tried to work with D's and would have made a serious effort to unify the country, and strengthen alliances abroad. But R's in the Party of Trump would have none of that. 

Trump, on the other hand, has ripped apart the R-party to form what is essentially the Trump Party. He is ripping the country apart, and putting rifts in world alliances. Even his WH staff and good many in his administration are at odds. He is like one human wrecking ball. He has shown himself to be vain, vile, immoral, and unethical, all by his own actions over many years. There's a history, and no one who voted for him cared because he could "shoot someone on 5th Ave" and his supporters would still be with him.

That's really all I have to say on the matter.

No, put it this way - address, "despicable racism, bigotry and prejudice" which is the post you are replying to. What is all that jazz??

The TOPIC is the fact that "Joe Scarborough asked a great question"

rk9152 is nowhere near being on topic.

True. rk9152 went off topic to discuss an off topic comment by another poster. Interestingly, you did not comment on that poster being off topic. Any reason for that???

Yep.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 58 (211 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

True. rk9152 went off topic to discuss an off topic comment by another poster. Interestingly, you did not comment on that poster being off topic. Any reason for that???

Being off topic I sort of think now that it may not be a TOS  issue, we have seen a post that after a moderator locked it, it was possible to continue to post.

Now, regarding the initial question.
I don't know in reality as to why Joe decided to become an Independent. I feel that he has gotten frustrated with everything that is going on with the Trump/Russia/lies issue and that the Republicans in Congress and Senator are ether too afraid or simply don't want to rock to boat at this time.

I feel the same frustration with the Republican Party, but I will not quit and try to ride the storm 
Eventually as usual the waters will recede and everything will be back to normal. and that is a fact.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 58 (228 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

I did. Do you have a point to make about "despicable racism, bigotry and prejudice" 

I'll put it this way for you: Any candidate that openly spoke out about Trump's character flaws, whether during the debates, or on the campaign trail, was never given serious consideration by the Party of Trump. Some of them went on to be Never Trump, and remain so, and good for them. 

Governor Kasich begged his party to listen to reason and come to their senses, but no chance. Kasich is a good and decent man, and I would have voted for him over Clinton any day. As a moderate, I believe he would have tried to work with D's and would have made a serious effort to unify the country, and strengthen alliances abroad. But R's in the Party of Trump would have none of that. 

Trump, on the other hand, has ripped apart the R-party to form what is essentially the Trump Party. He is ripping the country apart, and putting rifts in world alliances. Even his WH staff and good many in his administration are at odds. He is like one human wrecking ball. He has shown himself to be vain, vile, immoral, and unethical, all by his own actions over many years. There's a history, and no one who voted for him cared because he could "shoot someone on 5th Ave" and his supporters would still be with him.

No, put it this way - address, "despicable racism, bigotry and prejudice" which is the post you are replying to. What is all that jazz??

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 58 (234 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 58 (240 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote: