AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 7,451
Registered: ‎07-30-2009

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 41 of 68 (99 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??


@rk9152 Cearly to INSULT Republicans and President Trump...

 

 

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,429
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 42 of 68 (99 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
there is NOTHING "Democratic" about the DEMOCRAT party. We see that in the suppression of free speech, ideas different ..


Still upset over losing your spokesman Milo Yianopolis. It must be tough losing a spokesman so like yourself.

How about the loss of free speech - you cool with that??


So are you alright with Trump interfering with free speech?


Now, what is that - a "cat thing", a "strawman", or a "look over there". Please read the post you are responding to and focus.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,429
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 43 of 68 (97 Views)

xrepub wrote:

The proper name is democratic party. Some repugs insist on calling it the democrat party, and they are wrong, as usual. Some even go so far as to insist that the name be changed to suit their own biases. I sometimes use the term repug to refer to those republicans who do that.


Yes, and our President's name is Trump, not the other cutsey variations.  The Republican Party is capitalized and it's members are "Republicans, not "repugs".

 

So, your point is??

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 7,471
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 44 of 68 (118 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
there is NOTHING "Democratic" about the DEMOCRAT party. We see that in the suppression of free speech, ideas different ..


Still upset over losing your spokesman Milo Yianopolis. It must be tough losing a spokesman so like yourself.

How about the loss of free speech - you cool with that??


Nope. Im fine with Milos holding his views out as mainstream Republican. Besides, the only entity NOT allowed to impinge on free speech is the Government. COnstitution and all.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,343
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 45 of 68 (118 Views)

 Very uninformed answer.

science has proven that people are born with predispositions as to sexual orientation and gender identification. Homosexuality and feeling like one is born  with the incorrect gender, has been going on throughout history. it is not a politically cool thing to do,  in fact these people go through emotional Hades.  Your statement is totally out of touch with reality  and   to make it political is really ridiculous and incorrect. 

Mr.  Pecker advise you to get in touch with the real world and I do the same.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,872
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

[ Edited ]
Message 46 of 68 (124 Views)

j868138h wrote:

 

Oh...and BTW...assertions to the contrary, you cannot choose your gender - Biology and The Almighty did that for you.  You can choose how you "Feel" snowflake depending on what seems to be politically correct at the moment - but you are either an XY (male) or XX (Female, with  a very, very few trisomy exceptions.


Dead wrong.

Kim Petras, and over a thousand more all over the world are living proof that you're dead wrong.

 

Kim Petras - Wikipedia

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,284
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 47 of 68 (126 Views)

j868138h wrote:

The Democratic part of the elewction is the beauty of the ELectoral College which the founders, in their collective wisdom, put in place to prevent a handful of major population centers from overriding the overall will of the people.  More than 2/3 of all counties went for TYrump - across America so the will of the people, especially those in your hated "flyover" country was heard and implemented.

 

And generally, when I say you, if not obvious to the post I'm responding to it's the collective you of the left wing AARP.org I'm addressing as they clearly have a n agenda to imp;lement a fully socialist agenda.  From Each, To each...has never worked will never work in practice.  Free markets and the opportunity to pursue dreams and happiness is what America is supposed to be about.

 

Oh...and BTW...assertions to the contrary, you cannot choose your gender - Biology and The Almighty did that for you.  You can choose how you "Feel" snowflake depending on what seems to be politically correct at the moment - but you are either an XY (male) or XX (Female, with  a very, very few trisomy exceptions.

 

 

 


I am sure that you believe what you have written,  and I won't argue with you, because you have the right to your conclusions.

They are not mine. and I happen to think differently than you on this subject.  I believe that it is a myth about the electoral college and all of the reasons that for years have been drummed into the American mentality, In that case, they should all States have the same amount ot Senators and Congressmen disregarding of the population.
I believe that our Costitution is great. and that the Founders did a great  job with it. but as all things in time they become old and not true to the intent that they were created.
let me explain,  Like I have stated. I am a Republican who voted for Trump in the primaries, but these are my words that have been printed too many times in this message board.  I will close my eyes, pinch my nose and vote in the general elections for Clinton.  Why?

because there is nothing more dangerous to a democratic system, than to have on Party in charge of both parts of the goverment, Sorry but I truly believe that there is the need to create a balance of power and now there is none.

There are too many things that I don't agree with the Democratic Party and there are also many things that I don't agree with the Republican Party. and that is the reason, that when I vote, I make sure of what I am voting for, and for whom. I do as much research as possible and then make my own decission disregarding of Party
Actually, I consider myself more alligned to the Libertarian Party than with the Republican Party as it has developed.
I do not make the mistake of blaming or accusing AARP of anything because I don't have the proof of anything at all, and contrary with what we have today, I do not engage in alternative facts.
I can only offer an opinion and that is the extent that I will go in this message board. Otherwise, my credibility would not exixt.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,527
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 48 of 68 (120 Views)

Absurd!  ...an obvious bait which should be left alone.  Enabling makes behavior worse....or so the experts say.  Who am I to argue.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,343
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 49 of 68 (122 Views)

Rk-- with reference to a decent Canadate for the 2016 elections,  maybe the Democrats ( of the Democratic party) didn't figure they had to come up with anybody seeing that buffoon Trump was the nominee on the Republican side.

 Seriously you know why Trump won--it's because those. Rlonging to Democratic Party were so sure that Clinton would win that they became complacent. It wasn't because Trump is some hero like you seem to think. 

And just another reminder, Trump didn't  win the popular vote. and  the majority of Americans didn't want this fool in office. Manother reality check many people who voted for tromp are sorry they didn't so now given his let's read the American people of their benefits and do everything we can to make this an authoritarian and a militaristic nation.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,928
Registered: ‎01-23-2009

Re: Its the DEMOCRAT Party, not the Democratic Party...

Message 50 of 68 (126 Views)

"The Democratic part of the elewction is the beauty of the ELectoral College which the founders, in their collective wisdom, put in place to prevent a handful of major population centers from overriding the overall will of the people."

 

Examine that sentence and understand its meaning: 

the vote of a person living in a population center is worth less than one from a person living in a rural area

 

the "overall will of the people" is decided by a weighted average of all the people