Latest Update on the Senate Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: It started with fake news

Message 21 of 24 (82 Views)

For those obsessing over "He's a liar" I remind you of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" and, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space." - "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

Now, those were important issues to the USofA.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 24 (147 Views)

Xrepub--There are people in the Republican Party who are coming out and saying that Trump is a liar, but it disturbs me that they aren't being much more verbose with regsrd to his lies.

It is the people surrounding Trump who continue to perpetrate this ridiculous  fabrication and others like it.

More disturbing than this are the gullible citizens who will mindlessly accept the lies that a four year old should be able to detect.

On Monday when Comey comes out and tells people that Trump's accusations against Mr. Obama are a huge lie meant to distract attention away from Jeff sessions, and that  British Intel was not involved in any of this,  these same  people will still believe or say they believe Trump, which certainly doesn't bode well for our country--or the intelligence of a segment of her people.

Trump knows that if uninformed, desperate, or just plain stupid people hear something often enough, they will believe it. 

What I find frightening is that more people aren't screaming from the rooftops that Trump is endangering the future of our country or that he intentionally lied to them go get into office.

Thank you for post, maybe it will wake up one of the people who have been duped by this dangerous idiot.

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 24 (151 Views)

Thank you xrepub.  On CNN I heard commentator[s] say they knew Sean Spicer and he was a good guy. They wondered that being so, how could he continue in what he was doing.  I, like they, wonder  how a person with any shred of principle in his being could do what he does. 

"What's that", you say?  Well....lets start with knowingly 'Lie in the face of Truth' and then excuse it under the guise of 'that's my job' or 'loyalty to Party' or claptrap like 'they do it too'.  Absurd rationale completely at odds with any degree of ethical behavior.  Corruption is not just payoffs, pay-to-play, quid pro quo and the like. What you see here is just a particular form of it. 

"the donald" has made this behavior into the "new normal".  He did this deliberately.  He did this knowingly.  His cadre promotes it.  His party condones it.  His supporters practice it.  None appear to see anything wrong with doing it.  That's  dangerous.  

Valued Social Butterfly

It started with fake news

Message 24 of 24 (162 Views)

First Trump read a fake news story, then he repeated it, then...

"

The need to perpetuate the lie has made it necessary to escalate it. In an attempt to work around the uniform denials of every US government agency that does 'wire-taps', Press Secretary Sean Spicer was forced to grasp on to the rantings of a Fox News 'legal analyst' who claimed that President Obama had used British intelligence to sidestep US legal strictures. Repeating this claim with the imprimatur of the White House triggered a minor but real diplomatic incident with the United Kingdom, which may not yet be settled.

Continuing to defend the baseless claim required Trump to revisit the story in his press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, both doubling down on the claim and also passing the buck to Fox News and creating the surreal spectacle of suggesting that he, like Merkel, was the victim of the very intelligence services and law enforcement agencies which he in fact now leads.

While most have dismissed the President's claims, it is still the case that he has been allowed to drive public debate for two weeks over an obvious lie. Members of his party will not denounce it as a lie or even obviously false. That's a big problem. Without being overly dramatic, this is a warning case of people in power deciding what's true and false which is a harbinger of free government dying."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/step-back-for-the-bigger-picture