How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Reply
Super Social Butterfly
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎01-01-2016

Re: It started with fake news

Message 1 of 24 (65 Views)

rk9152,

 

Let's look at the fact checks:

Obama:

21% True

27% Mostly True

27% Half True

12% Mostly False

12% False

2% Pants on Fire

 

Trump:

4% True

12% Mostly True

14% Half True

20% Mostly False

33% False

17% Pants on Fire

 

 

The numbers are not even close, but you did do a good job at deflection.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,030
Registered: ‎12-17-2010

Re: It started with fake news

Message 2 of 24 (69 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

xrepub wrote:

You know the old joke: How can you tell when Trump is lying--his lips are moving.


As I recall, there was some lip movement that went with, ""If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor".


As you SHOULD recall, it was the truth, just as much as TrumpCare covers "all".  Under the ACA, of course you can keep your doctor. though your doctor may or may not choose to participate in the health plan, your costs may get billed in full back to you.  It's a decision the DR makes, not the ACA.  Now the Repubs are claiming every American will have access to care.  They claim everyone can buy coverage.  Yet if someone can't afford coverage, they can't buy it.  Repubs claim they have access. Based on your claim against Obama, the Repubs are all lying...one doesn't have access if they can't afford the healthplan.


If you cannot keep your doctor due to the requirements of Obamacare, the statement is a lie - period. 


You are trying real hard to excuse the lying of Trump but failing miserably. No one lost their doctor because of Obamacare.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,853
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: It started with fake news

Message 3 of 24 (71 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For those obsessing over "He's a liar" I remind you of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" and, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space." - "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

 

Now, those were important issues to the USofA.


I don't think that Trump is always lying.  I think that many times the lunatic actually believes some of the crazy nonsensical stuff he says.   At one time he did make the statement "I learn a lot watching TV". Yea, right !! I'm sure he learned a lot about things from Breitbart too !!!  The man claims he has "higher understanding than most people, maybe than anyone". He has also said that he "knows more than the security agencies". The man is a liar with a mental condition.

 

Well, what about, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" - was he lying or being a lunatic? Do you suppose he got that from moveon.com or somesuch?


 


The insurance companies that write the policies are the ones responsible for some people ending up with their doctor's out of network.  Any false information or alternative facts contrary to that must come from, Breitbart or someone.


The insurance companies were required to adhere to the requirements of Obamacare. So, what ever they did is the result of Obamcare - period. Nothing "false", nothing "alternate", nothing "Breitbart", and nothing "someone" - it is all compliance with the law.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,853
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: It started with fake news

Message 4 of 24 (73 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

xrepub wrote:

You know the old joke: How can you tell when Trump is lying--his lips are moving.


As I recall, there was some lip movement that went with, ""If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor".


As you SHOULD recall, it was the truth, just as much as TrumpCare covers "all".  Under the ACA, of course you can keep your doctor. though your doctor may or may not choose to participate in the health plan, your costs may get billed in full back to you.  It's a decision the DR makes, not the ACA.  Now the Repubs are claiming every American will have access to care.  They claim everyone can buy coverage.  Yet if someone can't afford coverage, they can't buy it.  Repubs claim they have access. Based on your claim against Obama, the Repubs are all lying...one doesn't have access if they can't afford the healthplan.


If you cannot keep your doctor due to the requirements of Obamacare, the statement is a lie - period. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,853
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: It started with fake news

Message 5 of 24 (74 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For those obsessing over "He's a liar" I remind you of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" and, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space." - "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

 

Now, those were important issues to the USofA.


PUH-LEEEESE!  You want to compare an intelligent, classy and caring individual with a cheating on his wive's, groping woman kinda guy, who has lied more than Limblah and Hannity, has paid millions in settlements for his racist and fraudulant behavior?

 

Related image

 

The point was not "caring" it was "lying".

 

MY point was you comparing the two Presidents.  If you say it's going to rain tomorrow, and it doesn't, are you lying?


No because you have no control over the weather. But a Presidential program....... Or, how about, getting nearly a million dollars for "shovel ready jobs" and then spending most of it on political buds and then joking that those "shovel ready jobs weren't all that shovel ready"?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,871
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: It started with fake news

Message 6 of 24 (85 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For those obsessing over "He's a liar" I remind you of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" and, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space." - "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

 

Now, those were important issues to the USofA.


I don't think that Trump is always lying.  I think that many times the lunatic actually believes some of the crazy nonsensical stuff he says.   At one time he did make the statement "I learn a lot watching TV". Yea, right !! I'm sure he learned a lot about things from Breitbart too !!!  The man claims he has "higher understanding than most people, maybe than anyone". He has also said that he "knows more than the security agencies". The man is a liar with a mental condition.

 

Well, what about, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" - was he lying or being a lunatic? Do you suppose he got that from moveon.com or somesuch?


 


The insurance companies that write the policies are the ones responsible for some people ending up with their doctor's out of network.  Any false information or alternative facts contrary to that must come from, Breitbart or someone.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Trusted Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,052
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: It started with fake news

Message 7 of 24 (95 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

xrepub wrote:

You know the old joke: How can you tell when Trump is lying--his lips are moving.


As I recall, there was some lip movement that went with, ""If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor".


As you SHOULD recall, it was the truth, just as much as TrumpCare covers "all".  Under the ACA, of course you can keep your doctor. though your doctor may or may not choose to participate in the health plan, your costs may get billed in full back to you.  It's a decision the DR makes, not the ACA.  Now the Repubs are claiming every American will have access to care.  They claim everyone can buy coverage.  Yet if someone can't afford coverage, they can't buy it.  Repubs claim they have access. Based on your claim against Obama, the Repubs are all lying...one doesn't have access if they can't afford the healthplan.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Trusted Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,052
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: It started with fake news

Message 8 of 24 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For those obsessing over "He's a liar" I remind you of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" and, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space." - "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

 

Now, those were important issues to the USofA.


PUH-LEEEESE!  You want to compare an intelligent, classy and caring individual with a cheating on his wive's, groping woman kinda guy, who has lied more than Limblah and Hannity, has paid millions in settlements for his racist and fraudulant behavior?

 

Related image

 

The point was not "caring" it was "lying".

 

MY point was you comparing the two Presidents.  If you say it's going to rain tomorrow, and it doesn't, are you lying?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,853
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: It started with fake news

Message 9 of 24 (114 Views)

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For those obsessing over "He's a liar" I remind you of, "If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor" and, "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space." - "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

 

Now, those were important issues to the USofA.


The ACA had nothing to do with what Dr. you used. The statement "If you like your Dr., you can keep your Dr. was true under the ACA. It was your insurance co. that made you change your Dr. as most use panels of providers they have under contract as that cuts the cost of providing services to you. It has been that way for the past 40 years for most people. The other way you loose your Dr. is if the Dr. stops accepting your Insurance. There are a lot of good courses on Insurance at local Univ. When one understands the subject they know the statement you referred to is not correct.


That is an interesting, new view. Most people understand that the doctor stuff was a lie. In fact, Obama has been praised for admitting to that. As to the doctors and insurance companies - they were forced to operate under Obamacare. So, their actions are a direct result of Obamacare. Hence, if you lost your doctor it was a direct result of Obamacare.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,853
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: It started with fake news

Message 10 of 24 (119 Views)

xrepub wrote:

You know the old joke: How can you tell when Trump is lying--his lips are moving.


As I recall, there was some lip movement that went with, ""If you like your doctor, you can keep you doctor".