Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: INDIGENOUS PEOPLE'S

Message 21 of 73 (74 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Let us not forget that some of these peaceful people cut hearts out and enslaved captured enemies.

Not my place to question their societal standards, but let's interject some honesty into this.

Truely, LOL. Yes they did. of course, white people had no part in it..the war of 1763 didnt divide the indians with false promises. White people never did a thing to cause the indians to commit treachery on each other. You watch too many westerns. It was over for the Indians before the oregon Trail. Trail of Tears was 1828. George Washinton himself ordered genocide or the Fox indians when he was Pres. Just history man 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 22 of 73 (82 Views)

Perhaps if we heard it from an 'indigenous person'?  Here, without comment is a version of "My Country 'Tis Of Thee" by Buffy Sainte-Marie.  Her other works can be seen and heard by going to her official site.  This one is called "My Country 'Tis Of Thy People You're Dying".  I have nothing further to say.

Now that your big eyes have finally opened

Now that you're wondering how must they feel

Meaning them that you've chased across America's movie screens

Now that you're wondering "how can it be real?"

That the ones you've called colourful, noble and proud

in your school propaganda

They starve in their splendor?

You've asked for my comment I simply will render

My country 'tis of thy people you're dying.

Now that the longhouses breed superstition

You force us to send our toddlers away

To you schools where they're taught to despise their traditions.

Forbid them their languages, then further say

That American history really began

When Columbus set sail out of Europe, then stress

That the nation of leeches that conquered this land

Are the biggest and bravest and boldest and best.

And yet where in your history books is the tale

Of the genocide basic to this country's birth,

Of the preachers who lied, how the Bill of Rights failed,

How a nation of patriots returned to their earth?

And where will it tell of the Liberty Bell

As it rang with a thud

O'er Kinzua mud 

And of brave Uncle Sam in Alaska this year?

My country 'tis of thy people you'r dying.

Hear how he bargain was made for the West

With her shivering children in zero degrees,

Blankets for your land, so the treaties attest,

Oh, well, blankets for land is a bargain indeed,

And the blankets were those Uncle Sam had collected

From smallpox-diseased dying soldiers that day.

And the tribes were wiped out and the history books censored,

A hundred years of your statesmen have felt it's better this way.

And yet a few of the conquered have somehow survived,

Their blood runs the redder though genes have paled.

From the Grand Canyon's caverns to craven sad hills

the wounded, the losers, the robbed sing their tale.

From Los Angeles County to upstate New York

The white nation fattens while others grow lean;

Oh the tricked and evicted they know what I mean.

The past it just crumbled, the future just threatens;

Our life blood shut up in your chemical tanks.

And now here you come, bill of sale in your hands

And surprise in your eyes that we're lacking in thanks

For the blessings of civilization you've brought us.

Now that the pride of the sires receives charity,

Now that wer're  harmless and safe behind laws,

Now that my life's to be known as your heritage, 

Now that even the graves have been robbed, 

Now that our own chosen way is a novelty

Hands on our hearts we salute you your victory,

Choke on your blue white and scarlet hypocrisy

Pitying the blindness that you've never seen

That the eagles of war whose wings lent you glory

They were never no more than carrion crows.

Pushed the wrens from their nest, stole their eggs, changed their story.

The mockingbird sings it, it's all that he knows.

"Ah what can I do?" say a powerless few

With a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye

Can't you see that their poverty's profiting you?

[ Edited ]
Message 23 of 73 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

This constant obsession over race has no positive side. If the poster is non-white, he/she/it must spend 24/7 feeling under attack. And thanks to you, FoxNews, Limblah and trump, they are.  If the poster is white, he/she/it must spend 24/7 hating his/her/it's existence.  It's so sad to hear you hate your existence. Oh well...

Fox and Limbaugh and Trump again - try to keep up, they are not posting here.  Au contraire.  Every time you post the words of Limblah, the alt-right, FOXNews are seen by all.  

Are "all" watching Fox, listening to Limbaugh, and attending speechs by Spencer on a regular bases in order to learn their words?

And, since you brought it up, I can not recall ever hearing them tell people how oppressed they are because of their race, religion, gender, sexual preference, place of birth, number of bucks in their pockets, etc. etc. etc. - but others have.   

And of course no one suggested they did.  Though making it up and suggesting another "brought it up" is again a lie, intellectually dishonesst or dis-information.  All trademarks of the right-wing dittoheads posting here.

O.K. then - what is the basis of all this oppression you see some people suffering?

I that in reference to right wing white trash who are being oppressed because they're so obviously the kind of dolts, yokels, racists, and bigots who would vote for, support and follow trump?    

Are you alleging that they don't deserve to be ridiculed and "dissed" for being archetypal republican/conservative white trash?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 73 (90 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

This constant obsession over race has no positive side. If the poster is non-white, he/she/it must spend 24/7 feeling under attack. And thanks to you, FoxNews, Limblah and trump, they are.  If the poster is white, he/she/it must spend 24/7 hating his/her/it's existence.  It's so sad to hear you hate your existence. Oh well...

Fox and Limbaugh and Trump again - try to keep up, they are not posting here.  Au contraire.  Every time you post the words of Limblah, the alt-right, FOXNews are seen by all.  

Are "all" watching Fox, listening to Limbaugh, and attending speechs by Spencer on a regular bases in order to learn their words?  Naw, all that is needed is reading your posts.

And, since you brought it up, I can not recall ever hearing them tell people how oppressed they are because of their race, religion, gender, sexual preference, place of birth, number of bucks in their pockets, etc. etc. etc. - but others have.   

And of course no one suggested they did.  Though making it up and suggesting another "brought it up" is again a lie, intellectually dishonesst or dis-information.  All trademarks of the right-wing dittoheads posting here.

O.K. then - what is the basis of all this oppression you see some people suffering?  LOL.....funny that you want others to defend your comments.  I never mentioned anything about oppression....those were your words as noted above.  But thanks for asking..... 

Does that mean that you do not think there is any oppression? If not, why have you not mentioned it?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 25 of 73 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

And the lowest common denominator in the Oval Toilet Bowl...

Who knows where the flush control is?

The "flush control" is with the gutless Republican controlled Congress. But they still like the smell.

It is always delightful to see such class from fellow seniors.

Yup .... Although a tad less than eloquent, it does get the point across.

And, defending such low class postings gets you kudoes.

You conveniently miss that the postings are addressing a "low class" person.

They were written in the vernacular that Trump supporters may be able to understand.

That is quite a world you live in over there on the radical left.

No .... actually it's the "world" of the rational thinking and nothing to do with the "radical left" as you would like to believe.

Message 26 of 73 (104 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Are "all" watching Fox, listening to Limbaugh, and attending speechs by Spencer on a regular bases in order to learn their words?  Naw, all that is needed is reading your posts.

O.K. then - what is the basis of all this oppression you see some people suffering?  LOL.....funny that you want others to defend your comments.  I never mentioned anything about oppression....those were your words as noted above.  But thanks for asking..... 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 73 (107 Views)

A member of the White Privilege class demands that everyone quit obsessing about their White Nationalist behavior fixation.   

They close their statement with :   Ignore all their behavior of killing and enslaving anyone who doesn't fit into their class of white privilege.    

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 73 (108 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Are "all" watching Fox, listening to Limbaugh, and attending speechs by Spencer on a regular bases in order to learn their words?

O.K. then - what is the basis of all this oppression you see some people suffering?

Message 29 of 73 (122 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Now the "white guilt" ob is branching out to "American guilt".

So much hatred - it is sad.  It sure is "rk".  Your hatred towards those who believe reality is true history; not your "White Man's" version.  - it IS indeed sad.

"Hatred"??? I have compassion for people so consumed with hatred, guilt, feelings of inadequacies, whatever that they are now even attacking our nation's flag and founding.  It's nice to learn you have so much compassion for the KKK, Nazi's, Alt-Right and trumpy. Of course they are the one's consumed with so much hatred.

It's nice to know that you have the capacity to make up some fantasy about "learning something".  I learn the depth's of hatred and bigotry whenever I read many of the posts here by Conservatives.  It's appreciated.

Fox and Limbaugh and Trump again - try to keep up, they are not posting here.  Au contraire.  Every time you post the words of Limblah, the alt-right, FOXNews are seen by all.  And, since you brought it up, I can not recall ever hearing them tell people how oppressed they are because of their race, religion, gender, sexual preference, place of birth, number of bucks in their pockets, etc. etc. etc. - but others have.   And of course no one suggested they did.  Though making it up and suggesting another "brought it up" is again a lie, intellectually dishonesst or dis-information.  All trademarks of the right-wing dittoheads posting here.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

[ Edited ]
Message 30 of 73 (120 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

And the lowest common denominator in the Oval Toilet Bowl...

Who knows where the flush control is?

The "flush control" is with the gutless Republican controlled Congress. But they still like the smell.

It is always delightful to see such class from fellow seniors.

Yup .... Although a tad less than eloquent, it does get the point across.

And, defending such low class postings gets you kudoes. That is quite a world you live in over there on the radical left.

Yep - every day a great many of us consider the very "unfortunate" political, social and religious right and thank the deity(s) for the gift and the deity(s) directed good fortune to not have ended up becoming a - gag - choke - shudder - "rightie"...

We will always be pleased and willing to help lead righties to a path that puts them on the road to eliminating those crippling delusional misapprehensions...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning