Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: How will history see Comey?

Message 1 of 22 (385 Views)

fangoh45 wrote:

Will the real James Comey please stand up?

He was "standing up" and continuing an investigation into Russian ties to some of trump's cronies and possibly trump. Trump fired him for "standing up".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 22 (392 Views)

I am seeing many that think that the firing of Comey  was the right thing to happen.
Personally, I don't know, but I do know that the way it was done, was not right. It was unprofessional. and on top was lied by everyone in the WH as to the motives and here comes Trump and puts everyone on his team and says that they are all wrong. It must be a pleasure to serve this man. LOL
I don't think that Trump sits down and thinks long on any of his actions. so, perhaps he simply didn't like Comey, and like his show. he can simply say. "you are fired" 
We are putting too much important as to the substance of anything that Trump does. He doesn't seem to have any.
We need to accept the fact that the man acts on impulse. no reasons behind his actions. Hoping he doesn't wake up tomorrow and decides to bomb NorthKorea.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 22 (434 Views)

Snoopy- Possibly the moral to your story is that one can not play both ends against the middle and win.

I did like Comey though. I felt it was a moral struggle for him to come  forth with the information about e-mails when he did.

However, he should have waited to find out for certain if the e-mails were new before going before the public. He had egg on his face when it was discovered there was nothing new. Last week he said he knew he may have impacted the election.

With regard to trump, trump expected Comey to back off on the Russian investigation, and Comey, not being a butt kisser, told him no. We know this much from news reports.

I feel bad for Comey,  but I think he was let go for two reasons only

1. It irritated trump when Comey wouldn't lie for him

2. tump knew Comey was getting close to the truth with regard to Russia and couldn't take the heat

So, maybe if trump hadn't thought Comey was on his side because of the Hillary investigation, which ended with no charges, trump wouldn't have expected Comey to lie and obstruct justice for him.

Who knows, trump is a loose cannon.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 22 (437 Views)

fangoh45 wrote:

There must be TWO Comeys. A few months, even weeks back, he was viewed by the left, and remembered as the man who brought Hillary Clinton down and cost her the election.

I think only Conservatives look at a man and see one dimension.  I would suggest that very few Liberals called for Comey's dismissal and I welcome you to give a list of Congress members who did  so.  On the other hand, Trump firing yet another person involved in investigating his campaign's connectins to Russia seems to set a pattern very much like Richard Nixon and Watergate. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 22 (440 Views)

History will remember Comey as the one who destroyed the integrety of the FBI and turned it into a political hit squad. Not sure which side will pay his speaking fees - GOPers are unhappy with his pursuit of Der Trump and the Ruskies while the Dems are outraged that he elected Der Trumper and kept SCOTUS Fascist for a generation.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 22 (446 Views)

Richva wrote:

The good news for Comey is that he will be financially well off for the rest of his life with speaking engagements and a book deal.  Just predicting, of course, but I believe it will happen. 

I wonder about his place in history, however. His motives in deviating from FBI protocol in announcing information about an ongoing investigation have always been suspect. To the Hlllary camp, he was out to get her. To the Trump camp, he was not pursuing her with enough efficiency.  Still, Trump lavished a LOT of praise on Comey for his "courage" in breaking with FBI protocol.  I believe he was seen as trying to help the Republicans (Comey is an avowed Republican). 

Now, he looks like a dupe.   Trump stated he fired Comey for............not following FBI protocol during the presidential election. Comey found out about it on the news as Trump had a letter hand delivered to his office in DC while he was out of town. 

I think the moral of this story is that protocols came about for a reason. Comey will forever be branded as an ignorant patsy to a slick hustler.  Not the legacy the head of the most effective law enforcement agency in the world wants to leave. 

With the events of the past week I believe Comey will be better thought of than he would have been earlier.

He inserted himself into situations where he had no business with his comments regarding the Clinton email situation both in July and in October. In July he should have forwarded his report to the DOJ and let them decide the next step. In October he should not have put out anything until the investigation was complete.

In my opinion he will be thought of as a dupe who tried to politicize the FBI and showed his lack of knowing how to do the job he was hired to do.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 22 (448 Views)

I think Comey made a major mistake with his public comments on the Hillary investigation. But everyone makes mistakes, so that never changed my opinion of Comey as a man with great integrity who is admired by the overwhelming majority in the FBI. He is definitely a guy who puts our country first and I will always have tremendous respect for him.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 22 (451 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

sp--362--Mr. Comey's colleagues are saying that he is

HONEST

A MAN OF GREAT INTEGRITY

ADMIRED

A MAN WHO PUTS COUNTRY BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE 

Indeed, the antithesis of trump.

Back to the thread,

I hope that Comey will be remembered as

THE MAN WHO BROUGHT DOWN THE MOST INEPT PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY

little donnie trump

There must be TWO Comeys. A few months, even weeks back, he was viewed by the left, and remembered as the man who brought Hillary Clinton down and cost her the election.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 22 (464 Views)

Comey is an FBI carreer guy, he knows that if he testifies now, the Russian Investigation could be compromised. This is not his time to tell his story, he will pick the time that he thinks is appropriate. and not the politicians that are trying to make points with all of this.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 22 (481 Views)

sp--362--Mr. Comey's colleagues are saying that he is

HONEST

A MAN OF GREAT INTEGRITY

ADMIRED

A MAN WHO PUTS COUNTRY BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE 

Indeed, the antithesis of trump.

Back to the thread,

I hope that Comey will be remembered as

THE MAN WHO BROUGHT DOWN THE MOST INEPT PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY

little donnie trump

Gee, I miss having a real President!!