The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: HAWAIIAN CIVIL RIGHTS GROUP WARNS HAWAIIANS ABOUT TRAVEL TO TEXAS

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 51 (214 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Race means nothing to me

Then why do you keep posting about it?  Our neighbors are white, they have two daughters married to Blacks.  My wife and I go to Walmart or supermarkets, and a friend, a six foot Black, hugs her in greeting.  Not a stir from anyone around us.  The odds are that you're also one of those who hasn't been in this state to see young Blacks and Whites dating each other, married to each other.

No, you are stereotyping to the 9th degree.  You have no idea of the state except the propaganda put out here and elsewhere. 

And you can take that spoiler and throw it into the reservoir you keep posting about.

Message 2 of 51 (223 Views)

pc6063 wrote:
Spoiler
Tx--This isn't about NY. Instead of taking things personally, please try to stay objective.  Apparently, Texas has issues. You seem to have totally missed the reason why I posted "the gift."  It speaks to the heart of policework, explaining what happens when trust is broken.  I choose  to believe more police officers fill the resevoir than drain it. 

And what does 'the gift' have to do with the topic of this thread?   To me it is just some polyanna words that means nothing when a person is out on the street maintaining order.  Perhaps it would look good in needlework hanging on someone's wall, but out in the real world it is just a bunch of words.  No doubt the reservoir is being filled, but not in the way its being talked about.  I've lived in the real world a lot longer than you, and it's more than fancy words.  I've seen the worst and I've seen the best.

Next, Texas has no issues that is not present in any other state.  And from the news I would believe that New York City has as much if not more than this state.  But if you and the others think we have more problems, then why don't you just come on down and straighten them out?  Why don't you contact the governor and tell him what to do and how wrong everything is?  I'm sure if you come here with your complaints they would be as well received the same as if I moved to New York and told everyone what I think about that state. 

Schools out, have a nice day.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 51 (227 Views)

Tx--Well of course this is relevant, as so much has been said in various posts about Texas's racism, and this representative, Mr. Green, is obviously not lily white.

Had to laugh when you posted something about stereotyping, because if you remember, that is exactly what I said to AP  with regard to his stereotyping of the police!  Really very funny!

Race means nothing to me, but IS called to my attention when racists try to convince others that those who look or who are  culturally different are inferior.

It also is called to my attention, when I see a person of color, representative from a state that has the reputation of being racist.

Totally ridiculous statement on your part.  Hard to believe you've never felt racism  "down there."

Racism is felt all over the United States, in every village, town and city.   Ignoring that does not solve the problem. 

Your constant twisting and personalizing of the fact is getting very old.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 51 (231 Views)
Spoiler
Tx--This isn't about NY. Instead of taking things personally, please try to stay objective.  Apparently, Texas has issues. You seem to have totally missed the reason why I posted "the gift."  It speaks to the heart of policework, explaining what happens when trust is broken.  I choose  to believe more police officers fill the resevoir than drain it. 
Google-- another of your underhanded, snide remarks. To what are you referring now?   I mean, I googled the representatives name after all!! LOL! 
It's not all about you.
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 51 (233 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

But do you think law enforcement officers would accept advice obtained on a discussion forum as to how to deal with them?

The officers?  Of course not.   Don't be silly.

If the officers are competent and well educated, they would immediately recognize that the above post is utter nonsense - quite possibly posted in yet another failed attempt to bait - or possibly as a veiled attempt to harass.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning

Message 6 of 51 (236 Views)

pc6063 wrote:
-he looked either Black or Middle Eastern to me. 

That about 'he looked either Black or Middle Eastern to me"  One thing I've noticed here, those from places like North Carolina and points north seem hung up race and national origin.  Why would that be.  Never felt that down here.

Highlighted

Message 7 of 51 (237 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

The above doesn't speak to profiling, but it does speak to concerns about abuse of power and illegal activity. 

When I saw him, I wondered what he thought about all the racism we hear about in Texas--he looked either Black or Middle Eastern to me. 

Be interesting to see where he comes down on some of these Texan issues.

--

Green is Black, and he represents an area that consists of Southwestern Houston and part of another county.  That area has a large concentration of minorities.

As far as 'Texas issues' I do have to wonder of what interest that would be to someone in New York?  No doubt for the same reason they are of interest to someone from North Carolina?  As a matter of interest, Texas has several Representatives who are Black, and there are Blacks who are Mayors of large cities.  Houston is one, and he is popular among even Whites.  The Police Chief of Houston is Latino...he escaped from San Antonio to come to a better city.  He is popular and seems to be doing a good job. 

So, is all of this an attempt to stir up dissension?   So should we talk about places like New York City and their treatment of Blacks?  What about Chicago, it's closer to New York than Texas. 

P.S.  There is that thingy called Google where one can research names and facts by putting in key words...it works wonders.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 51 (244 Views)

Tx--Accidently posted before done, went back and finished--district is unimportant-he represents the state. 

Message 9 of 51 (246 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Tx-- yesterday on the house floor Texas representative Al Green called for trumps impeachment.  Saw it, Heard it!

(CNN, CBS, USA TODAY).

So?   I already knew that.  Do you know how many Representatives Texas has?   Do you know he's not my Representative?  Are you aware of the district that he represents and its make-up?

Now, am I supposed to throw a hissy fit because of him?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 51 (250 Views)

Tx-- yesterday on the house floor Texas representative Al Green called for trumps impeachment.  Saw it, Heard it!

(CNN, CBS, USA TODAY).

The above doesn't speak to profiling, but it does speak to concerns about abuse of power and illegal activity. 

When I saw him, I wondered what he thought about all the racism we hear about in Texas--he looked either Black or Middle Eastern to me. 

Be interesting to see where he comes down on some of these Texan issues.