Re: Gun control must be taken serious, it concerns every one

Message 71 of 160
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 160

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

dont be an a$$. 21 years ago my 19 year old Daughter was " murdered by car". The 2 years later my 16 yr old got his license. SHould i have NEVER LET HIM DRIVE? Carefull with your wild scenarios sonny...a lot of people have been where you havent.

Your personal family tragedy does not effect the importance of focusing on the killer not just his tools - sonny.

Tell that to all of the families of the 48 people that were killed in Las Vegas. Tell that to all famility members of all who have been killed with guns - - - sonny

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 160

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Going forward IMO America and the entire world would be better served by a laser focus on "MASS MURDER" rather that MASS SHOOTINGS.  Look at other countries outside the USA.  Cars, truck, knives, chemicals, hammers, hatchets, airplanes, shoe bombs, and Guns.

IMO to place our efforts on banning or regulating an inanimate object is similar to running on a treadmill.  Plenty of effort but you stay in the same place.

Until we understand how to recognize the causes of evil in our world we will continue to experience "MURDER and MASS MURDER" .

perfect example of what im talking about. SHift focus away from GUN DEATHS as a priority. By the way Jim, a federal registry and limits on purchases whould have flagged this nut, and many others. Then we have them on hand to examine.

I believe that jm's very rational point was that it is the murder that is important, not the tool. Think of it this way - if a friend or loved one is killed, do you feel better if the killer used a truck, a bomb, or a knife instead of a gun? 

So, yes, it is a SHIFT - a shift to the more important element of the discussion of  killings.

It's not a "shift", its a deception. Until we have a foolproof way to identify which seeminly normal people will become homicidal maniacs, or just careless thugs using guns to kill for profit or revenge, then talking about mental health as a solution to gun violence is CRAZY.

So, in the example above you wouldn't mind having a friend or loved one murdered just so it wasn't by a gun. Now - that is CRAZY.

dont be an a$$. 21 years ago my 19 year old Daughter was " murdered by car". The 2 years later my 16 yr old got his license. SHould i have NEVER LET HIM DRIVE? Carefull with your wild scenarios sonny...a lot of people have been where you havent.

Your personal family tragedy does not effect the importance of focusing on the killer not just his tools - sonny.

you just blew up your own argument. every gun death is someones personal tragedy. 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 160

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

Again, do your  homework. I did. Obama had nothing to do with it. Again with your alt right division.

Here is where I did my homework, where did you do yours:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/oct/06/national-rifle-association/nra-claim-...

Merely typing "alt-right" does not change facts.

You obviously didn't read the link that you posted, it clearly states that Obama did not "approve" bump stocks. You need to read the entire contents of your own links more closely.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 160

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

Oh such compassion and understanding from the Right (SNARK) !!!  The "tools" are what makes it possible for a "killer" to kill 48 people and wound hundreds of others within minutes !  Support those tools - - - - - - support giving people the ability to do that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 160

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

200??? I missed that report.

I fully agree with getting rid of those bump stocks that Obama approved - let's regulate them out of existence.

OK rk, it was only 48 killed and well over 400 wounded, I guess there is no concern then? So when was the last time somone killed 48 and wounded over 400 in minutes with a knife or a truck?

Any thoughts on my comment about that which made this one rather unique - bump stocks?

My comment is that bump stocks need to be banned.

Agreed.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 160

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

Here's some thoughts on the "snowflake theory" and the outrageous racistist lies being spread by Fox.

First the racist lies: Fox edited a tape to make it appear a crowd protesting police violence against blacks was saying "kill a cop", and made sure their racist slander was widely circulated.

What was REALLY chanted by the protesters was ACCURATELY reported on C-SPAN. The chant goes"

We won't stop

We can't stop

'Til killer cops

Are in cell blocks

Once agin the Republican lie machine has fired up its lofo base with totally racist lies designed to rally support for the killing of blacks by police and to divert attention from Lemontops drive to start wars with N Korea and Iran.

Watch the original, unedited video on C-SPAN:

Rather than calling for the murder of police officers, the protesters were calling for justice.

I believe, for the far majority, Justice protestors are using peaceful tactics, which of course get less news coverage. in your example, change the sound track and one of our posters here tries to stop discussion with " what do we want dead cops". its a distraction from any real debate. SO far, the "warring" factions are white..alt right vs antifa, and I would like to see it stay that way. I hope, at this point in history the violent part excludes black people, because the message will be stronger. and will motivate more whits do fix te problem.

I miss your point. Who is it calling for "dead cops" based on your theory - alt-right or antifa?

Only you and your ilk bring it up..must be the alt right arming against the govt.

My "ilk" brings up "alt-right" - surely you jest.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 160

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

I'm sorry rk9152 , but defending Police Officers safety and also defending the right for anyone to carry Assault Rifles loaded with 50 Armor Piercing rounds , does NOT blend well. It's a common sense thing !!!

Believe it or not I know ,  most Police Officer's dont feel safer with those WMD's on the street !!! Those Weapons belong in the hands of our Military and Law Enforcement ONLY !!!

I'm sorry mand, but I doubt you will be able to come up with a quote to substantiate this about me, "and also defending the right for anyone to carry Assault Rifles loaded with 50 Armor Piercing rounds".

SHe never quoted you. She took your way of thinking ( no gun control) to a logical conclusion.

Read it again. She claimed to know my thinking and I asked for quotes to prove it.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

So by your definition - because my 1961 Remington Nylon 66 can be made to bump fire - that puts it in the class of assault rifles...

Your definition is - like trump's mental processes - half a bubble off of plumb.

No your 1961 Remington is not an assault weapon UNLESS you change the stock to a bump fire stock or make modifications to the weapon to fire automatically.  Your definition is something from Obama's mental process - way off center.

Obviously certain far-right gun freaks will twist words and use semantics to try and retain the right to own weapons which have the capability to kill 48 people and wound hundreds of others within minutes. Why is that?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 80 of 160

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

So, yes, it is a SHIFT - a shift to the more important element of the discussion of  killings.

And  what is that shift?  you seem to know about it, please clarify your statement.

To placing an emphasis on the killer, not his weapon.

We have to look at why people are so unable to deal with disappointment that they feel they have to kill. Road rage shootings - a guy so upset by the "What do we want, dead cop" chanters that he drives from Baltimore to NY to assassinate a police officer - people attacking each other over real or imagines minor slights.

Is it the "safe zone" theory that has produced the "snow flakes"? Obviously, the Vegas dude was not a "snow flake" but the idea seems to be all over our society.

Any thoughts??

another dodge. people are wound so tight because they fear someone has a gun and they dont. again..your extremem leads to another..ban all guns. 

Are you saying that if the snowflakes had guns the universities would not have to provide them with "safe spaces" where they will never hear anything they don't agree with.