AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Gun control must be taken serious, it concerns every one

Message 51 of 160

Fishslayer777 wrote:
@ Cent

Can you tell me or quantify, that your "request", will save thousands of lives? or hundreds? For the record... I'm not opposed to registry. Can you tell me how many lives are SAVED with firearms?

Have you ever been to a gun show?

Have you ever been to a "gun show"?  I have been many gun shows, my father-in-law sets up at them very regularly. If you have been to very many at all you have undoubtedly seen many guns sold out of the trunks of cars and the back of pick-up trucks and vans in the parking lot, without any questions to those purchasing them.

The loopholes of guns sales at "gun shows" (the firearms sold out of the booths) are huge and need to be closed. The background check process needs to be modernized and no one should be able to purchase a firearm without that process being complete.

Also, gun laws restricting that size of magazines will reduce the number of people being killed in mass shootings such as the one in Las Vegas, no matter how anyone tries to 'spin' it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

And it is still an assault rifle when set on the semi-automatic mode, isn't it?

There is no logical or reasonable reason for anyone to have the right or the need to own weapons which have magazines that hold more than 6 or seven rounds and can fire so rapidly that 48 people can be killed and hundreds wounded within minutes.

Your logic is totally illogical! First you told me that my definition was bunk (that automatic firing rifles are assault weapons).

Do you "have trouble understanding the English language"?  Saying that only fully automatic weapons are assault rifles is bunk. The definition of 'assault weopons' is not that narrow. Trying to narrow the definition to "only fully automatic" is extreme. It is an attempt to justify a person's right to own weapons that are not "fully automatic" but still have the capability of killing 48 people and wounding hundreds in minutes, and that is unnacceptable.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 160

Fishslayer777 wrote:
@ Cent

Can you tell me or quantify, that your "request", will save thousands of lives? or hundreds? For the record... I'm not opposed to registry. Can you tell me how many lives are SAVED with firearms?

No, no, no, yes.
Hope those responses help ya out.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 160
@ Cent

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony

Message 55 of 160

Fishslayer777 wrote:

What is the goal? the ultimate goal? Let me suggest we ALL want to reduce violence and lawlessness... right? Therefore, shouldn't we begin with the low hanging fruit?

Sure!  Require all guns to be registered and background checks on ALL gun sales and gifts.  Common sense for sure.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 56 of 160

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

200??? I missed that report.

I fully agree with getting rid of those bump stocks that Obama approved - let's regulate them out of existence.

OK rk, it was only 48 killed and well over 400 wounded, I guess there is no concern then? So when was the last time somone killed 48 and wounded over 400 in minutes with a knife or a truck?

Any thoughts on my comment about that which made this one rather unique - bump stocks?

Of course. Its a distraction. Obama didnt. but tou are not on the topic of gun deaths.

Multiple posting of a lie does not make it the truth.

Yet it hasn't stopped the TROLL.

Message 57 of 160

jimc91 wrote:

The main focus IS on the "KILLING or MURDER" of fellow human beings.  Why not focus on the WHY rather than the HOW?

Is that how you reacted to 9/11?  What about cigarettes and children?  We don't need 116 guns for every 100 Americans, including children.  Too many guns....too many deaths, each with their own "why".

Message 58 of 160

rk9152 wrote:

I fully agree with getting rid of those bump stocks that Obama approved - let's regulate them out of existence.

Another lie.  Obama never approved the bump stocks.  It's sad that the Conservatives here have to lie to have anything to discuss.

Message 59 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

So by your definition - because my 1961 Remington Nylon 66 can be made to bump fire - that puts it in the class of assault rifles...

Your definition is - like trump's mental processes - half a bubble off of plumb.

No your 1961 Remington is not an assault weapon UNLESS you change the stock to a bump fire stock or make modifications to the weapon to fire automatically.

A .22 Long Rifle firearm with a slow to reload tubular magazine whose capacity cannot be increased - is not - never has been - and cannot ever be made into any kind of useful assault rifle.

For the record - no military assault rifles chambered for .22 Long rifle have ever existed in the last 150+ years.

The closest to a .22LR assault rifle that ever existed was a .22 caliber prototype that evolved into the subsonic velocity silenced .45ACP De Lisle Carbine used in very limited numbers by the British in WW2 - said to be the quietest firearm ever produced - but that was over 70 years ago...

An assault rifle - to be accurately designated as such - must be capable of performance similar to that of military arms designed, manufactured, intended. and capable of adequately performing in military combat - in today's world.

The technological validity and quality of the posted content from the majority of republicans/conservatives thus far on this thread are humorously reminiscent of a 1969 mention in a parody of a cranky Cub Scout making threatening motions with a toy bow and arrows with suction tips on them.

No cigar.

I see you too are having trouble with the English language. I stated my opinion of what an assault weapon is (rifle that fires repeatedly without pulling the trigger over and over). Chasky agrees with the Wiki link which says an assault rifle has a selector switch to choose semi or auto but still insists that a semi rifle is an assault weapon.

The left doesn't understand what they want and doesn't understand weapons!

Who said anything about tubular load weapons? You did!!!!!!

Don't you know ANYTHING about a Remington Nylon 66?

It was being discussed - and YOU made statements now determined to be based upon ignorance of the firearm in question.

Ignorance - yep - that's the word all right....

No wonder the bottom of the barrel voted for trump...

No wonder they swallow whatever he says, hook line and sinker...

For the dim-witted - all bump stocks operate on the physical principle of -  "one trigger pull - one round fired" - that's what makes them lawful without background checks and Federal Excise Tax Stamps and defines them as not NFA devices like "selective fire mechanisms" which are themselves NFA devices - even if not installed in a firearm - read the law - there's absolutely no question of that....

Love the arrow tips...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning

Message 60 of 160

not a lie. sorryrk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

200??? I missed that report.

OK rk, it was only 48 killed and well over 400 wounded, I guess there is no concern then? So when was the last time somone killed 48 and wounded over 400 in minutes with a knife or a truck?

Any thoughts on my comment about that which made this one rather unique - bump stocks?

Of course. Its a distraction. Obama didnt. but tou are not on the topic of gun deaths.

Multiple posting of a lie does not make it the truth.

sorry, google the process.

So it begins.