AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gun control must be taken serious, it concerns every one

Message 41 of 160

jimc91 wrote:

Emotions seem to be getting the best of the left on this board and are clouding their ability to think critically.  What a shame...

People commit mass murder. Inanimate objects do not operate themselves, they need an "operator".  In order for mass murder to be committed, the "Operator" is clearly a flawed human being.

Not a difficult concept for people with the ability to think logically.

Is voting for trump, and then following and supporting the obnoxious schlub from Queens who can't even BUY class a demonstration of ability to reason logically and rationally?

Obviously not.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Gun control must be taken serious, it concerns every one

Message 42 of 160

I agree with much of what JimC said, but what I don't understand is the right wing opposition to universal background checks.

Message 43 of 160

Emotions seem to be getting the best of the left on this board and are clouding their ability to think critically.  What a shame...

People commit mass murder. Inanimate objects do not operate themselves, they need an "operator".  In order for mass murder to be committed, the "Operator" is clearly a flawed human being.

Not a difficult concept for people with the ability to think logically.

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 160

More American's have killed fellow American's , than have died in EVERY WAR this Nation has fought in COMBINED !!! How can any honest American say we dont need more Gun Regulation , when these same guns are purchased at gun shows and through private sellers - NO Questions asked and go into the hands of ANYONE. Not to mention the fact that we have more guns than people and 5 - 8 Million more Guns are manufactured each year. How many of these Guns are stolen ?

NO Civilian should be allowed to possess a 50 Armor Piercing round Assault Rifle !!!

I've been around guns my whole life and believe in the " Right To Bear " , but Enough is Enough and it's time for some common sense - Not Fear Mongering from the NRA !!!

Message 45 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Don't you know ANYTHING about a Remington Nylon 66?

It was being discussed

It was ONLY being discussed by you. I posted my definition of assault rifle and you or Chasky said you had a variety of definitions so no law could ever be passed!  No one is surprised by your lies.

Don't expect an assault rifle ban anytime soon since you both don't know (as well as the rest of the left) what an assault rifle is.

I brought up a firearm - an example of which I still possess from my youth - that could never by even the wildest stretch of ANY kind of crackpot imagination be considered capable of being turned into a bona fide equivalent of a military assault rifle - to see if you would fall in a trap set to expose ignorance - you jumped in with both feet with keyboard running on full auto.

Were high capacity magazines ever available either as military issue or manufactured by civilian companies for the M1 Garand - an assault rifle that was the standard US military long arm from 1936 - 195

if you add a "bump stock" it is full auto)

NOPE - DEAD WRONG - AGAIN - STILL...

ALL semi auto firearms using bump stocks still remain "one trigger pull, one round fired".

Is it possible to fire single rounds - or short bursts - or longer bursts -  with a bump stock equipped firearm?

Of course it is -

See how burst firing is possible using only a rubber band...

Rubber band bump fire on a AR 15 - YouTube

See single shots, bursts and longer burst with bump stock...

AR15 with Slide fire stock (Single & Burst Shots) - YouTube

Grotesquely delusional right wing misapprehensions - earnest - pathetic - wrong...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 160

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

It was being discussed

It was ONLY being discussed by you. I posted my definition of assault rifle and you or Chasky said you had a variety of definitions so no law could ever be passed!  No one is surprised by your lies.

Don't expect an assault rifle ban anytime soon since you both don't know (as well as the rest of the left) what an assault rifle is.

I brought up a firearm, an example of which I still possess from my youth - that could never by even the wildest stretch of ANY kind of crackpot imagination be considered capable of being turned into a bona fide equivalent of a military assault rifle - to see if you would fall in a trap set to expose ignorance - you jumped in with both feet with keyboard running on full auto.

Were high capacity magazines ever available either as military issue or manufactured by civilian companies for the M1 Garand - an assault rifle that was the standard US military long arm from 1936 - 1959?

Grant us the boon of accurate information from your vast and extensive repository of knowledge and experience...

Alferd - Those are .22cals, right? Is the small caliber the reason you don't consider them "assault rifles?" Or is it the low striking power?  If I got the right formula, the 40 grain bullet leaves the muzzel at 1080fps and has about 1000joules of kinetic energy, about the 60% the 5.56mm round from an M-16. At a distance of 100yds the .22cal 40gr projectile would still carry over half the kinetic energy of the M-16 round, and about twice that of the bullet that killed President Lincoln.

I have to conclude that your "can-popper" .22cal would be a highly effective and low cost means to commit mass murder and hasn't been used as such simply because it's not macho enough for the average psychopathic killer. It's unpopulatiry with psychos is shared by not a few young GIs who consider the 7.62 rounds vastly superior to the 5.56 because they feel bigger is better, despite the considerable evidence to the contrary.

So other than convenience, what reason would your semi-auto be superior for legal uses than a bolt, lever or pump action version of the same gun?

Here's the crux of my argument AGAINST all semi-auto long guns, even the little-itty-bitty .22s so foundly remembered by many of us from the days of our youth:

Such a gun could have easly slaughtered the 20 babies sacrificed to Guns at Sandy Hook, and possibly taken out more victims in Vegas BECAUSE NOBODY WOULD'VE HEARD IT.

No, your plunker would NOT be mistaken for an "assault rifle", but it can kill just about as many unprotected people in the same period of time.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

It was being discussed

I brought up a firearm - an example of which I still possess from my youth - that could never by even the wildest stretch of ANY kind of crackpot imagination be considered capable of being turned into a bona fide equivalent of a military assault rifle - to see if you would fall in a trap set to expose ignorance - you jumped in with both feet with keyboard running on full auto.

Were high capacity magazines ever available either as military issue or manufactured by civilian companies for the M1 Garand - an assault rifle that was the standard US military long arm from 1936 - 1959?

Grant us the boon of accurate information from your vast and extensive repository of knowledge and experience...

Who said anything about transforming your junk into an assault rifle? I pointed out my opinion about what constituted an assault weapon in my mind (a weapon that fires full auto without additional trigger pulls - if you add a "bump stock" it is full auto). Chasky pointed out the Wiki link that said an assault weapon has a selector switch to go from semi to auto.  Now the left would like to confiscate "assault weapons" and outlaw them without a clear definition of one. We don't need you to drone on about how your antiques could be considered (or not) assault rifles.

No one said anything about confiscating weapons, you make that up out of thin air. It was mentioned that if laws were passed (and the Constitution permits that) to limit the number of rounds allowed in a magazine, that existing guns would have to be altered to fit the new law. If bump stocks were to be outlawed then I am sure that procedures would be put into place for people to voluntarily turn them in or surrender them.. If you think that door to door confiscation would take place then you are taking an extremist position. 

A weapon does not have to be fully automatic to be considered being an assault weapon, even though you keep claiming such. An assault weapon with a switch to set it on semi is still an assault weapon when it is set on semi. That makes a semi-automatic weapon an assault weapon. Any reasonable person knows that.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 160

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

It was being discussed

Who said anything about transforming your junk into an assault rifle? I pointed out my opinion about what constituted an assault weapon in my mind (a weapon that fires full auto without additional trigger pulls - if you add a "bump stock" it is full auto). Chasky pointed out the Wiki link that said an assault weapon has a selector switch to go from semi to auto.  Now the left would like to confiscate "assault weapons" and outlaw them without a clear definition of one. We don't need you to drone on about how your antiques could be considered (or not) assault rifles.

Message 49 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

It was being discussed

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 160

alferdpacker wrote:

It was being discussed