ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gun control must be taken serious, it concerns every one

Message 31 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Emotions seem to be getting the best of the left on this board and are clouding their ability to think critically.  What a shame...

People commit mass murder. Inanimate objects do not operate themselves, they need an "operator".  In order for mass murder to be committed, the "Operator" is clearly a flawed human being.

Not a difficult concept for people with the ability to think logically.

Lack of rational a logical thought seems to be getting the best of the Right on this board. We will never quite manufacturing human beings capable of committing mass murders. We can however limit the tools that they can use. Limiting the number of rounds in a magazine is an great start and limiting the capability of rapid fire is another one. Rational a logical thought concludes in us taking these steps through eliminating bump-stocks and limiting the number of rounds allowed in any magazine.

Why does the irrational Right continue to argue to keep available to the public weapons that are capable of killing at least 48 people and injuring hundreds of others in just minutes?

Because the irrational left would have to include cars, trucks, airplanes, fertilizers, Muriatic acid, nails/screws, other components for bomb making, and a list too long to mention.  All on the list (plus many others) can be easily made to kill in excess of 48 people.

Yes - but how is the greatest killer of all - conservative stupidity - one obvious example being - "hey, y'all, hold my beer and watch this" - going to be eliminated?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 160

ChasKy53 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Emotions seem to be getting the best of the left on this board and are clouding their ability to think critically.  What a shame...

People commit mass murder. Inanimate objects do not operate themselves, they need an "operator".  In order for mass murder to be committed, the "Operator" is clearly a flawed human being.

Lack of rational a logical thought seems to be getting the best of the Right on this board. We will never quite manufacturing human beings capable of committing mass murders. We can however limit the tools that they can use. Limiting the number of rounds in a magazine is an great start and limiting the capability of rapid fire is another one. Rational a logical thought concludes in us taking these steps through eliminating bump-stocks and limiting the number of rounds allowed in any magazine.

Why does the irrational Right continue to argue to keep available to the public weapons that are capable of killing at least 48 people and injuring hundreds of others in just minutes?

Because the irrational left would have to include cars, trucks, airplanes, fertilizers, Muriatic acid, nails/screws, other components for bomb making, and a list too long to mention.  All on the list (plus many others) can be easily made to kill in excess of 48 people.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 160

CriticalThinking wrote:

I agree with much of what JimC said, but what I don't understand is the right wing opposition to universal background checks.

I agree with Jim and you too regarding universal background checks.  I don't think the "no fly" list should be used because of two problems: the error rate is too high and the fix for errors is a long arduous path for innocent people.

Message 34 of 160

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Don't you know ANYTHING about a Remington Nylon 66?

It was being discussed

It was ONLY being discussed by you. I posted my definition of assault rifle and you or Chasky said you had a variety of definitions so no law could ever be passed!  No one is surprised by your lies.

Don't expect an assault rifle ban anytime soon since you both don't know (as well as the rest of the left) what an assault rifle is.

I brought up a firearm - an example of which I still possess from my youth - that could never by even the wildest stretch of ANY kind of crackpot imagination be considered capable of being turned into a bona fide equivalent of a military assault rifle - to see if you would fall in a trap set to expose ignorance - you jumped in with both feet with keyboard running on full auto.

Were high capacity magazines ever available either as military issue or manufactured by civilian companies for the M1 Garand - an assault rifle that was the standard US military long arm from 1936 - 195

if you add a "bump stock" it is full auto)

NOPE - DEAD WRONG - AGAIN - STILL...

ALL semi auto firearms using bump stocks still remain "one trigger pull, one round fired".

Is it possible to fire single rounds - or short bursts - or longer bursts -  with a bump stock equipped firearm?

Of course it is -

See how burst firing is possible using only a rubber band...

Rubber band bump fire on a AR 15 - YouTube

See single shots, bursts and longer burst with bump stock...

AR15 with Slide fire stock (Single & Burst Shots) - YouTube

Grotesquely delusional right wing misapprehensions - earnest - pathetic - wrong...

Put your "thinking hat" on. I never meant that a semi fitted with a "bunp stock" was DEFINED as full auto - although that's exactly the way you took it. I don't need your Youtube to see how bump fire works, I'm very aware already. I'm saying my definition for assault weapon is: any rifle that is currently capable of rapid firing with one trigger pull (yes, I do know that with bump stock, in effect you are really because of the recoil only firing a single shot) but the net effect is auto fire.  Take a semi rifle and it would be legal (my definition). Fit it with a "bump stock" permitting the rapid firing described above would make it an assault weapon.

Again, that is my definition.  Since the left can't even define assault rifle (as proved by this conversation), they will have no chance of making assault weapons illegal!

Your two videos would make an assault rifle in my opinion.

Well - I'll leave you to your "opinions"- republican/conservative cabal/klan of racists, bigots, and perverts - and the obese, grotesquely delusional psychopath who has been truthfully referred to as the Liar-in-Chief...

Message 35 of 160

Why does the left seem incapable of looking at the root cause in order to problem solve.  The problem of mass murder is what needs a solution.

Why can the left not see that?

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 160

jimc91 wrote:

Lack of rational a logical thought seems to be getting the best of the Right on this board. We will never quite manufacturing human beings capable of committing mass murders. We can however limit the tools that they can use. Limiting the number of rounds in a magazine is a great start and limiting the capability of rapid fire is another one. Rational a logical thought concludes in us taking these steps through eliminating bump-stocks and limiting the number of rounds allowed in any magazine.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 37 of 160

Olderscout66 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Since we cannot protect ourselves from the occurance of serious flaws in our fellow citizens, we must instead protect ourselves from the inanimate objects most easily used by those flawed individuals to kill human beings.

Those objects are semi-automatic long guns and any weapon that can fire more than 7 times without reloading.

Eliminate those from the general population, and wait to see what the psychopaths turn to for Plan B. My bet is motor vehicles, and we can begin to solve THAT problem by installing more barriers and remote "off-switches" available only to police.

But until someone commits mass murder with a 5-iron, (ballbat, bowlingball, knitting needle et at) lets all agree to stop pretending there's no connection between how lethal something is and how often its used to kill.

Logic seems to escape the left...

How about one of these?

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 2.15.57 PM.png

Traveling at say 60 MPH aimed at one of these?

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 2.17.51 PM.png

They are licensed, regulated, and driven by a "flawed human being" can be just a lethal as anything you can imagine...

Logic dictates we have a flawed human being problem that requires our laser focus, if you are really interested in preventing mass murder.

That is the point is it not?  Or is your focus elsewhere?

Pure emotion says, "do something"...  Sorry, not logical and NOT the solution.

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 160

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Don't you know ANYTHING about a Remington Nylon 66?

It was being discussed

It was ONLY being discussed by you. I posted my definition of assault rifle and you or Chasky said you had a variety of definitions so no law could ever be passed!  No one is surprised by your lies.

Don't expect an assault rifle ban anytime soon since you both don't know (as well as the rest of the left) what an assault rifle is.

I brought up a firearm - an example of which I still possess from my youth - that could never by even the wildest stretch of ANY kind of crackpot imagination be considered capable of being turned into a bona fide equivalent of a military assault rifle - to see if you would fall in a trap set to expose ignorance - you jumped in with both feet with keyboard running on full auto.

Were high capacity magazines ever available either as military issue or manufactured by civilian companies for the M1 Garand - an assault rifle that was the standard US military long arm from 1936 - 195

if you add a "bump stock" it is full auto)

NOPE - DEAD WRONG - AGAIN - STILL...

ALL semi auto firearms using bump stocks still remain "one trigger pull, one round fired".

Is it possible to fire single rounds - or short bursts - or longer bursts -  with a bump stock equipped firearm?

Of course it is -

See how burst firing is possible using only a rubber band...

Rubber band bump fire on a AR 15 - YouTube

See single shots, bursts and longer burst with bump stock...

AR15 with Slide fire stock (Single & Burst Shots) - YouTube

Grotesquely delusional right wing misapprehensions - earnest - pathetic - wrong...

Put your "thinking hat" on. I never meant that a semi fitted with a "bunp stock" was DEFINED as full auto - although that's exactly the way you took it. I don't need your Youtube to see how bump fire works, I'm very aware already. I'm saying my definition for assault weapon is: any rifle that is currently capable of rapid firing with one trigger pull (yes, I do know that with bump stock, in effect you are really because of the recoil only firing a single shot) but the net effect is auto fire.  Take a semi rifle and it would be legal (my definition). Fit it with a "bump stock" permitting the rapid firing described above would make it an assault weapon.

Again, that is my definition.  Since the left can't even define assault rifle (as proved by this conversation), they will have no chance of making assault weapons illegal!

Your two videos would make an assault rifle in my opinion.

Message 39 of 160

Olderscout66 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Since we cannot protect ourselves from the occurance of serious flaws in our fellow citizens, we must instead protect ourselves from the inanimate objects most easily used by those flawed individuals to kill human beings.

Those objects are semi-automatic long guns and any weapon that can fire more than 7 times without reloading.

Eliminate those from the general population, and wait to see what the psychopaths turn to for Plan B. My bet is motor vehicles, and we can begin to solve THAT problem by installing more barriers and remote "off-switches" available only to police.

But until someone commits mass murder with a 5-iron, (ballbat, bowlingball, knitting needle et at) lets all agree to stop pretending there's no connection between how lethal something is and how often its used to kill.

I agree with the principle of your posts.

However I'm of the opinion that the details of your proposed implementation are unworkable.

I abandoned all contact with the NRA when they started pimping for that senescent dodderer Reagan.  

It was obvious they had turned to the dark side.

Now the republican party has become the party of the dark side.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 160

jimc91 wrote: