Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Gun control must be taken serious, it concerns every one

Message 91 of 160 (93 Views)

Still waiting for some logical argument as to why semi-auto long guns and any gun that can fire more than 7 times without reloading need to be legal to preserve our Freedom.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 92 of 160 (108 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 , you have spoke out about " bump stocks " but where and when have you ever spoken out against Assault Rifles ??? I must have missed that one.

The left has ill defined "assault rifle".  Does it mean one that has a magazine that holds bullets? Does it mean full auto? Does it mean semi-auto? Does the magazine have a capacity limit? Does the "look" of the gun make it an assault rifle (looks menacing)? Or does any gun qualify as an assault rifle?

What do you consider an assault rifle?

You tell us what's an assault rifle, and what's not...

I have some ex military surplus, new manufactured exact copies of military arms and one H&K

Which are assault rifles?

Whitworth Rifle (world's first sniper rifle)

Trapdoor Springfield

30-40 Krag-Jorgensen

surplus ex military M1 Garand

Springfield Armory M-14 (also Garand design)

Heckler and Koch G3

All were considered the ultimate firearm of their era...

All the semi-automatics can be made to "bump fire" using rubber bands and small hand carved pieces of wood - takes about 15 minutes. 

Another wishy washy definition by the left.  My definition is any weapon that fires automatically (including bump stock) is an assault rifle.  Most of the left think if the gun looks very menacing, it is an assault rifle.

Do you think anyone one on the left can come up with a concise definition of THEIR OWN so they might even have a chance of getting it passed into law?

So by your definition - because my 1961 Remington Nylon 66 can be made to bump fire - that puts it in the class of assault rifles...

Your definition is - like trump's mental processes - half a bubble off of plumb.

No your 1961 Remington is not an assault weapon UNLESS you change the stock to a bump fire stock or make modifications to the weapon to fire automatically.  Your definition is something from Obama's mental process - way off center.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 93 of 160 (130 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 , you have spoke out about " bump stocks " but where and when have you ever spoken out against Assault Rifles ??? I must have missed that one.

The left has ill defined "assault rifle".  Does it mean one that has a magazine that holds bullets? Does it mean full auto? Does it mean semi-auto? Does the magazine have a capacity limit? Does the "look" of the gun make it an assault rifle (looks menacing)? Or does any gun qualify as an assault rifle?

I have some ex military surplus, new manufactured exact copies of military arms and one H&K

Trapdoor Springfield

30-40 Krag-Jorgensen

Heckler and Koch G3

All the semi-automatics can be made to "bump fire" using rubber bands and small hand carved pieces of wood - takes about 15 minutes. 

Another wishy washy definition by the left.  My definition is any weapon that fires automatically (including bump stock) is an assault rifle.  Most of the left think if the gun looks very menacing, it is an assault rifle.

Do you think anyone one on the left can come up with a concise definition of THEIR OWN so they might even have a chance of getting it passed into law?

So by your definition - because my 1961 Remington Nylon 66 can be made to bump fire - that puts it in the class of assault rifles...

Your definition is - like trump's mental processes - half a bubble off of plumb.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 94 of 160 (134 Views)

MIseker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

Trapdoor Springfield

30-40 Krag-Jorgensen

Heckler and Koch G3

so there will be no semi auto assault rifles. what about 3 rd burst per pull? If the right has no definition, they should cede the debate.

Are you denying ANY rifle CAN be used as one? Assault is an intent..more than it is a gun. 

The left seeks to ban "assault rifles" by law.  It could be a good law, but first the LEFT must define what it considers an assault rifle. My definition (and some would not like mine) is the rifle has the capability to fire automatically (bump stock is included) and I'm not referring to pulling the trigger rapidly.

Message 95 of 160 (135 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Any more wisdom from the left??????????????

yes, my WWII assault rifle is semi auto..but an auto version was in the works. M1 was a semi auto. stop with semantics and solve the problem of gun deaths.

So it begins.

Message 96 of 160 (142 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

Trapdoor Springfield

30-40 Krag-Jorgensen

Heckler and Koch G3

so there will be no semi auto assault rifles. what about 3 rd burst per pull? If the right has no definition, they should cede the debate.

Are you denying ANY rifle CAN be used as one? Assault is an intent..more than it is a gun. 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 97 of 160 (132 Views)

Any more wisdom from the left??????????????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 98 of 160 (97 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Your definition is bunk, semi automatic rifles are also considered to be assault weapons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

On the contrary, using your Wiki link:

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1][2][3][4][5] Assault rifles were first used during World War II

Try clicking on selective -fire rifle and you will see that your answer is the one that's BUNK and mine is correct.  The left doesn't even know what an assault rifle is!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 99 of 160 (97 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Your definition is bunk, semi automatic rifles are also considered to be assault weapons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 100 of 160 (105 Views)
@Mlseker

What part is wrong? Certainly not all since there some statistical data from the FBI. Any thoughts on what's worthy of further discussion?

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony