What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Grassley's Guess

Message 1 of 5
I hope it DOES compel Kushner to not give truthful and full testimony. more rope to hang them all.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5

Snoopy48 wrote:

I don’t think that releasing the text of the testimony as requested by the interviewee will be cause people to be as uncooperative as will trying to charge those who voluntarily submit to an interview when you don’t like what they said. Grassley is probably most upset that his selective release of parts of the testimony is being shown as self-serving.

As Grassley said in an interview Wednesday, he will have to ask Trump how to proceed with the investigation now.

TRANSLATION:    Grassley now isn't at all certain which lies to tell and how to word them to give the appearance of trump's lies as well as his lies appearing to not be lies...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5

I don’t think that releasing the text of the testimony as requested by the interviewee will be cause people to be as uncooperative as will trying to charge those who voluntarily submit to an interview when you don’t like what they said. Grassley is probably most upset that his selective release of parts of the testimony is being shown as self-serving.

As Grassley said in an interview Wednesday, he will have to ask Trump how to proceed with the investigation now.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5

....“It may make a lot of people a little more reserved whether or not they want to cooperate, including in regard to Jared Kushner....

Republicans have been using their public office to run smear campaigns for years,  Fusion GPS is just another link in the chain. Republicans don't want the testimony to be public because it contradicts their lies.

Will it make people more reserved to cooperate? .......... it being the public knowing what the testimony is directly from the witnesses without being filtered through Grassley and his goons?

It just that depends on the subject and witness, I will say this though, these guys are all lawyered up, and the best legal advice is to keep your mouth shut.

No the way this works is to get their bleeps in a vise with the facts and evidence and say made a deal and testify  or take your chances on how much prison time you get.

Valued Social Butterfly

Grassley's Guess

Message 5 of 5

....“It may make a lot of people a little more reserved whether or not they want to cooperate, including in regard to Jared Kushner....

“These transcripts would have been released eventually anyway,”

Feinstein - "we were written to by the lawyers of the company asking, 'will it be released?'...

"I think in these hearings more should be released than held back because when you hold something back it gives all of the people that have an ax to grind an opportunity to grind that ax to a fine edge and they do. But if the facts are out that isn’t a problem."

Grassley also predicted.....he sees smooth sailing ahead.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chuck-grassley-dianne-feinsteins-leak-could-make-people-more-reser...

Stephen Bannon will give closed-door testimony in House panel's Russia investigation  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/stephen-bannon-will-give-closed-door-testimony-in-house-pane...

No problem.  Good to know of "a lot of people".