The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Free Speech

Message 171 of 241 (255 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Good point, A.P.  It's amazing to me how much one poster here wants to define what other people think and say, tells people and groups who they align with and then attacks his strawmen.  If it wasn't so pathetic it would be hilarious.  Here he wants to tell everyone the Antifa and anarchists are one in the same; over there he claims Lefties don't care about black on black crime; in another he begs to discuss racism but claims no discussion can begin unless everyone agree's with his self-imposed terms which include that everyone must agree that "we have lower expectations of Blacks".  The interesting part is he insists he's not the straw-whisper, creating strawman arguments daily.

No - you have that wrong. When a sentence ends with a question mark, it is not defining what others think - it is asking them what they think. So, once again:

If I understand your theory, your radical anarchists threaten to raise hell and destroy property if they don't get their own way and dealing with their threats of violence is the problem of the speaker.

Do I have that right??

Read a few news articles on the recent tactic of the alt right. Planning an event, costing the location of he event hundreds of thousands, then backing out.

I have no idea whether they are playing games or do feel threatened. But remember, the entire "package" starts with the threat of antifa violence. Without that - no game to play.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 172 of 241 (247 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

I think they should take a page out of the Republican/Alt-Right playbook and run down the offending speakers in the streets with their cars. 

I have not seen the Republican/Alt-Right playbook. Do you have a copy?

Ah, Laddie - I remember fondly and sorely miss your rational days.

https://altright.com/2017/03/28/altright-essesntials-a-handbook-for-right-wing-youth-julius-evola/

an for the adults..

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

it would appear im behind the curve. Many here already follow its principles.

A lot of their thinking makes sense but I guess I'm too old to go that far out. Their dismissal of Conservatives pretty much applies to me. I had heard their dislike for a homogeneous society and I know some consider that racist or xenophobic. However, as I tried a month or so ago to get a discussion going on this stuff, that was one of the key points. Again, all I got was the usual mindless comments and blind hatred for anything other than the "approved" view - "alt-right=racist". And why, "Well, if you have to ask you must be a racist". As I previously posted, their view of society is closer to the way I grew up in Noo Yawk than the modern view of the left.

Thank you for finding that. It was a tough but interesting read, and I will no doubt read it again. It strikes me as the sort of thing that you find something new in each time you read it.

Unfortunately I cannot reciprocate with a freeby but:

https://www.amazon.com/Militant-Anti-Fascism-Hundred-Years-Resistance/dp/1849352038/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_1...

Cool - buy one for each of us.

After all - it's your scam - you ought to support it.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 173 of 241 (237 Views)

Richva wrote:

Free Speech?  Would that be like the Ravens and Jaguars NFL teams staying inside during the national anthem to protest Trump's latest Twitter Tantrum?

Or doing a banned end zone dance after scoring.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 174 of 241 (227 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

I think they should take a page out of the Republican/Alt-Right playbook and run down the offending speakers in the streets with their cars. 

https://altright.com/2017/03/28/altright-essesntials-a-handbook-for-right-wing-youth-julius-evola/

an for the adults..

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

A lot of their thinking makes sense but I guess I'm too old to go that far out. Their dismissal of Conservatives pretty much applies to me. I had heard their dislike for a homogeneous society and I know some consider that racist or xenophobic. However, as I tried a month or so ago to get a discussion going on this stuff, that was one of the key points. Again, all I got was the usual mindless comments and blind hatred for anything other than the "approved" view - "alt-right=racist". And why, "Well, if you have to ask you must be a racist". As I previously posted, their view of society is closer to the way I grew up in Noo Yawk than the modern view of the left.

Thank you for finding that. It was a tough but interesting read, and I will no doubt read it again. It strikes me as the sort of thing that you find something new in each time you read it.

Unfortunately I cannot reciprocate with a freeby but:

https://www.amazon.com/Militant-Anti-Fascism-Hundred-Years-Resistance/dp/1849352038/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_1...

Message 175 of 241 (220 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Good point, A.P.  It's amazing to me how much one poster here wants to define what other people think and say, tells people and groups who they align with and then attacks his strawmen.  If it wasn't so pathetic it would be hilarious.  Here he wants to tell everyone the Antifa and anarchists are one in the same; over there he claims Lefties don't care about black on black crime; in another he begs to discuss racism but claims no discussion can begin unless everyone agree's with his self-imposed terms which include that everyone must agree that "we have lower expectations of Blacks".  The interesting part is he insists he's not the straw-whisper, creating strawman arguments daily.

No - you have that wrong. When a sentence ends with a question mark, it is not defining what others think - it is asking them what they think. So, once again:

If I understand your theory, your radical anarchists threaten to raise hell and destroy property if they don't get their own way and dealing with their threats of violence is the problem of the speaker.

Do I have that right??

Read a few news articles on the recent tactic of the alt right. Planning an event, costing the location of he event hundreds of thousands, then backing out.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 176 of 241 (218 Views)

Der Trumper may go down in history as the only American able to make kim jong un appear rational.

Seems he wants Iran to "go nuke" as well, just more shinny things for his people to throw rocks at as the Trump Family Traitors moves closer to the house of many doors for their activities.

Message 177 of 241 (209 Views)

Free Speech?  Would that be like the Ravens and Jaguars NFL teams staying inside during the national anthem to protest Trump's latest Twitter Tantrum?

Message 178 of 241 (181 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

My "rational days" pretty much dissipated along with Trump's imaginary inauguration crowds. Now I find a RWNJ post and modify it for the circumstances. I find it hilarious when they don't recognize their own logic being used against them.  We must continue to remind ourselves that there is true evil in the world and that it seems to have gained the presidency. 

[ Edited ]
Message 179 of 241 (186 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

an for the adults..

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 180 of 241 (205 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Freedom of speech really doesn't exist in the NFL. Considering it determines what socks the players wear and what they cannot do as an end zone dance after a score - no free speech.  LOL....what a fallacy.  trump created a dress code in the White House and has fired others for not saying the right things - NO FREE SPEECH.

Totally out in left field. If the NFL can dictate actions after a TD they should be able to dictate then during the national anthem.

So, the question comes up, since the White House has the power, should they or should they not use it to show respect and embrace differing views?